U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:16 PM

563 posts, read 800,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
so, your main problem is that "the (al) god (ilah) looks similar
I'm simply saying "Allah" is not a proper name. Like John, James, Frank, Todd, etc. It is a created word put together from 2 Arabic words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 01:22 PM

271 posts, read 304,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
I'm simply saying "Allah" is not a proper name. Like John, James, Frank, Todd, etc. It is a created word put together from 2 Arabic words.
Arab christians and Jews call their ( and our) Lord Allah.

It's well-known that our creator, God can be called Allah.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM

563 posts, read 800,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Arab christians and Jews call their ( and our) Lord Allah.

It's well-known that our creator, God can be called Allah.
They do, and you can.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:39 PM

271 posts, read 304,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
They do, and you can.
sure

Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 865 times
I agree with Wallisdj.

Besides how all powerful can this "Allah" be? He needs to use mere mortals to kill and win wars for him, after all. Sounds pretty weak to me...

I'd rather side with Mighty Mouse.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 PM

122 posts, read 126,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WowSux View Post
I agree with Wallisdj.

Besides how all powerful can this "Allah" be? He needs to use mere mortals to kill and win wars for him, after all. Sounds pretty weak to me...

I'd rather side with Mighty Mouse.
Can anyone escape death and live forever ?

In the name of Allah Most Gracious,most Merciful
"We have created you;why will you not believe?Have you seen that which you emit?Is it you who create it or are We the Creator? We have decreed death for you and We are not to be prevented from replacing you by others like yourselves or transforming you into beings you know not.You certainly know your first creation,why then do you not take heed?
Do you see that which you sow?Is it you who cause it to grow?Or are We the cause?If we will ,We could make it chaff,leaving you regretful:saying."We have suffered great loss .Indeed, we are deprived"Consider the water which you drink ?Is it you who bring it down from clouds, or is it We?If We will ,We could make it salty.Why then are you not grateful?And instead of thanking God for his provisions,you disbelieve.When the soul reaches the throat,and that moment you are looking on,but We are nearer to him than you,but you see not.If you are exempt from reckoning,restore your soul if you are truthful.The Holy Quran

Old 12-30-2010, 09:15 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,112,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
Can anyone escape death and live forever ?

"We have created you;why will you not believe?Have you seen that which you emit?Is it you who create it or are We the Creator? We have decreed death for you and We are not to be prevented from replacing you by others like yourselves or transforming you into beings you know not.You certainly know your first creation,why then do you not take heed?
Do you see that which you sow?Is it you who cause it to grow?Or are We the cause?If we will ,We could make it chaff,leaving you regretful:saying."We have suffered great loss .Indeed, we are deprived"Consider the water which you drink ?Is it you who bring it down from clouds, or is it We?If We will ,We could make it salty.Why then are you not grateful?And instead of thanking God for his provisions,you disbelieve.When the soul reaches the throat,and that moment you are looking on,but We are nearer to him than you,but you see not.If you are exempt from reckoning,restore your soul if you are truthful.The Holy Quran
Muslim, I could not understand all of that because the way it is written is so confusing. Could you please simplify it for us.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:28 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Muslim, I could not understand all of that because the way it is written is so confusing. Could you please simplify it for us.
You're kidding right, hiker. They just copy and paste from their holy book . . . no thought or interpreting involved.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 PM

122 posts, read 126,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

Well thankx for asking and I will do my best to explain the meaning of the verses

"We have created you;why will you not believe?
(God is saying that he created you and asking why you don't believe because he created your from a semen to a complete human)

Have you seen that which you emit?
(Think about your creating process and how you were just a semen which God created).

Is it you who create it or are We the Creator?
(Do you humans create this semen or God is the creator)

We have decreed death for you and We are not to be prevented from replacing you by others like yourselves or transforming you into beings you know not.
(God made death as a power over all of us humans.And he can transfigure you and I and create you AND I in (forms) that you know not because he is the one who created you.)

You certainly know your first creation,why then do you not take heed?
(God is saying that remember your first creation and how he created you from Semen to Human)

Do you see that which you sow?Is it you who cause it to grow?Or are We the cause?If we will ,We could make it chaff,leaving you regretful:saying."We have suffered great loss.
(Consider everything around you without God power,how would it be ?

Consider the water which you drink ?Is it you who bring it down from clouds, or is it We?
(God is saying that without his power.Can we make the rain comes to us by our own power.

If We will ,We could make it salty.Why then are you not grateful?
(If God wanted he could made it salty and then we humans won't be able to live)

And instead of thanking God for his provisions,you disbelieve.
(Even though God gave u everything and his signs,people still disbeleive)

When the soul reaches the throat,and that moment you are looking on,but We are nearer to him than you,but you see not.If you are exempt from reckoning,restore your soul if you are truthful.

(This is the moment of death when the person knows the reality and the purpose of life)And if u truly have power,then stop the death and restore your soul if you could)It means don't die if u can)
The nople Quran

I hope this help.Thankx again

Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 AM

439 posts, read 482,147 times
They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or