U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 PM

122 posts, read 126,816 times

Advertisements

Thankx to Allah In Islam we have both faith and proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
Thankx to Allah In Islam we have both faith and proof.
You don't have proof... you have a 1400 year old book written down my a few man a long time ago.

Christians also don't have proof...

Those religions that think they are right and everyone else is wrong will find that they never had any so called truth...

G-d can be found and you nor the Christians are the holders of the only truth.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You don't have proof... you have a 1400 year old book written down my a few man a long time ago.

Christians also don't have proof...

Those religions that think they are right and everyone else is wrong will find that they never had any so called truth...

G-d can be found and you nor the Christians are the holders of the only truth.

This is the proof from Top Scientists and what they found in the Quran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUPYs0gElU

Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
This is the proof from Top Scientists and what they found in the Quran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUPYs0gElU

Sorry but you nor Christianity has proof, you just have what you believe and what you have been indoctrinated in.

Those who seek to prove need that..

Old 12-19-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Sorry but you nor Christianity has proof, you just have what you believe and what you have been indoctrinated in.

Those who seek to prove need that..
In the English writing,we need to support our claims with facts and evidence;otherwise,it is not good and acceptable argument to convience the other person.It makes the belief strong becuase it has evidence.Without the evidence,It is like saying I am right because I THINK AND feel I am right.Nothing in life works that way even a small essay.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
In the English writing,we need to support our claims with facts and evidence;otherwise,it is not good and acceptable argument to convience the other person.It makes the belief strong becuase it has evidence.Without the evidence,It is like saying I am right because I THINK AND feel I am right.Nothing in life works that way even a small essay.

Sorry that doesn't work. A 1400 year old book can't be proven. Muslims believe they are correct and offer up proofs that are simply what they BELIEVE to be true.

Christians do the same thing. Neither of you have concrete evidence.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:47 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
Quote:
There is no contradiction in the Quran.The contradiction comes when u don't look for the right meaning.That is why we look at the prophet Sunna and his combanions.And when we have trouble we go to a relegious person who explain to us the meaning. U can do that in any text,just change the meaning the way u want to support your claim I said that many times in other threads and many other Muslims said it too
I find it interesting those of the Islamic faith believe that their sacred book is the only true book of your deity and yet you borrow from the writings of Judaism and Christianity and then condemn both as being corrupt and deny them. That's like the child denying the existence of its mother and grandmother. If your sacred book is supposed to be so true than why would you need other books to explain it and why would you need other religious person to explain it to you, can you not think for yourself or does your sacred book forbid you from doing that and if that is the case, that is a religion of oppression. For an individual not to have the freedom to think for themselves, that it's wrong, we have minds of our own and we can think for ourselves but to have a religion that tells us how we must think and act in accordance with its writing, that's oppression and it stifles the free thoughts of mankind. Any kind of religion that tells another how one must act or worship their Creator is a religion of control and the prophets that proclaim that these writings are sacred are doing so for their own benefit, not for the benefit of others. I am a free man and I need no writings to tell me how to act or worship my Creator and I need no other person to tell me how to do that, I am free to worship my Creator as I see fit to do so and in my culture no one criticizes or tries to force another to worship the Creator in a certain way. You are probably going to ask me about our laws, our laws are the laws of man, we have created our laws to live by in peace and harmony with each other and our surrounding, our laws are separate from our belief and have worked very well for many hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so, we are not restricted by our beliefs, if anything in my culture we have a much greater freedom and that is where we differ from you, I am free to worship my Creator the way I want to, not the way somebody else tells me I have to.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I find it interesting those of the Islamic faith believe that their sacred book is the only true book of your deity and yet you borrow from the writings of Judaism and Christianity and then condemn both as being corrupt and deny them. That's like the child denying the existence of its mother and grandmother. If your sacred book is supposed to be so true than why would you need other books to explain it and why would you need other religious person to explain it to you, can you not think for yourself or does your sacred book forbid you from doing that and if that is the case, that is a religion of oppression. For an individual not to have the freedom to think for themselves, that it's wrong, we have minds of our own and we can think for ourselves but to have a religion that tells us how we must think and act in accordance with its writing, that's oppression and it stifles the free thoughts of mankind. Any kind of religion that tells another how one must act or worship their Creator is a religion of control and the prophets that proclaim that these writings are sacred are doing so for their own benefit, not for the benefit of others. I am a free man and I need no writings to tell me how to act or worship my Creator and I need no other person to tell me how to do that, I am free to worship my Creator as I see fit to do so and in my culture no one criticizes or tries to force another to worship the Creator in a certain way. You are probably going to ask me about our laws, our laws are the laws of man, we have created our laws to live by in peace and harmony with each other and our surrounding, our laws are separate from our belief and have worked very well for many hundreds of thousands of years and will continue to do so, we are not restricted by our beliefs, if anything in my culture we have a much greater freedom and that is where we differ from you, I am free to worship my Creator the way I want to, not the way somebody else tells me I have to.
The Bible is a collection of writings by many different authors. The Qur'an is a dictation. The speaker in the Qur'an - in the first person - is God talking directly to man. In the Bible you have many men writing about God and you have in some places the word of God speaking to men and still in other places you have some men simply writing about historyAnd when I said we need a religious person because he has more understanding of the Quran than me. For example, when u have trouble understanding something in College,u go to the professor to help u understand it. And then see if it makes sense U don't say I have understanding on my own and I don't need help and ignore the class.U will fail that way

What is your job ?And what time do u go to work ?
It has to be a specific time and u do your job in a specific way. Can a dr that does a surgery do the Job without cleaning his hand for 10 minutes? No, why? Because if he does it the way he wants he will be fired from the job and if he doesn't come in a specific time he will be expelled. Why? because the manager asked him so.It is like ignoring the instruction and working on your new way no prophet had followed.

There are two ways in life. Some people who don't wanna take responsibility will say I don't care, I will do it the way I want; however, it doesn't work that way. By the way, some people would steal and say they are supporting their family because that is how they get close to God. They are doing the same thing u said, but obviously it is wrong.The second is taking the responsibilty and commit to the the message because it is not a game that I can follow whatever I want or like.

In the name of Allah most Gracious ,most Merciful:"Not a new reminder comes to them from the Compassionate,except they turn away from it.But they have rejected the Message;soon they will know the truth"

Last edited by Muslim22; 12-20-2010 at 02:08 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 02:41 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
Quote:
The Bible is a collection of writings by many different authors. The Qur'an is a dictation. The speaker in the Qur'an - in the first person - is God talking directly to man. In the Bible you have many men writing about God and you have in some places the word of God speaking to men and still in other places you have some men simply writing about historyAnd when I said we need a religious person because he has more understanding of the Quran than me. For example, when u have trouble understanding something in College,u go to the professor to help u understand it. And then see if it makes sense U don't say I have understanding on my own and I don't need help and ignore the class.U will fail that way

What is your job ?And what time do u go to work ?
It has to be a specific time and u do your job in a specific way. Can a dr that does a surgery do the Job without cleaning his hand for 10 minutes? No, why? Because if he does it the way he wants he will be fired from the job and if he doesn't come in a specific time he will be expelled. Why? because the manager asked him so.It is like ignoring the instruction and working on your new way no prophet had followed.

There are two ways in life. Some people who don't wanna take responsibility will say I don't care, I will do it the way I want; however, it doesn't work that way. By the way, some people would steal and say they are supporting their family because that is how they get close to God. They are doing the same thing u said, but obviously it is wrong.The second is taking the responsibilty and commit to the the message because it is not a game that I can follow whatever I want or like.

In the name of Allah most Gracious ,most Merciful:"Not a new reminder comes to them from the Compassionate,except they turn away from it.But they have rejected the Message;soon they will know the truth"
I still see you do not understand, our belief and our laws are separate and if you are interested in being educated and obtaining some knowledge I will present you with a link that will show you the laws of one of the Native American Nations of this land and I would suggest that you take the time to read it and understand what I am talking about, that is unless your religion prohibits you from reading such things. I would suggest that you read this completely before responding back to me.

Constitution of the Iroquois Nations

Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I still see you do not understand, our belief and our laws are separate and if you are interested in being educated and obtaining some knowledge I will present you with a link that will show you the laws of one of the Native American Nations of this land and I would suggest that you take the time to read it and understand what I am talking about, that is unless your religion prohibits you from reading such things. I would suggest that you read this completely before responding back to me.

Constitution of the Iroquois Nations

Who wrote all of this ?If u believe in Constition that was written by someone and wasn't a prophet and follow what they tell u,Why don't u follow the word of the creator and the message that he sent to us as humans.Do we know better than the creator?of course not and may Allah forgive me for saying that. Which one do u choose?Something from the creator or something from human who wasn't prophet and without miracles and evidence?And I don't see any belief in the website u gave me.I just see culture and constition.Sorry I didn't read the whole thing because u can know the book from it is cover.The rules the creator gave me is what I have to live by,not what others tell me how to live.What do u think about prophets ?Were they sent for no reason ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or