U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM

271 posts, read 304,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post

He doesn't have the ability to imagine himself in the position of someone who isn't Muslim.
Praise to God , who has guided us to this; and we would never have been guided if God had not guided us.

Quote:
So he mistakenly believes verses in the Koran will be persuasive to people who have just told him they are not Muslims.
Surat Al-'Isra' [17:88] - The Qur'an
Say, "If mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 12:00 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Do you not have an original thought of your own? This is why in my culture and belief we have no written words for our belief, it stifles the thinking of man. You are brainwashed to think a certain way and not except the other possibilities, so you have become a slave to your sacred book and your belief and by doing so you have become ignorant of the world around you.
hi pstum
this was the second time you asking the same question , you asked this in another thread , i think

i didn't read the entire responds in this thread but i really want to understand what is the problem if muslims talking about teaching of islam from resources of islam

it's fact that our beliefs exist in this book ( quran)

we don't follow our own desire then attaching it to islam and says this is the teaching of islam , do you understand what i mean !

anyway , what is the question which you want it's answer from muslims without quoting quranic verses ?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:37 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
hi pstum
this was the second time you asking the same question , you asked this in another thread , i think

i didn't read the entire responds in this thread but i really want to understand what is the problem if muslims talking about teaching of islam from resources of islam

we don't follow our own desire then attaching it to islam and says this is the teaching of islam , do you understand what i mean !

anyway , what is the question which you want it's answer from muslims without quoting quranic verses ?

I am going to give a response to this also.

The problem is that many of us have a faith tradition. We are happy with our beliefs. We don't want to change.

You are not just giving information. When we tell you we are not interested, or we have a tradition the response is "give us proof" or "you are wrong" and you all go as far as to tell us we are going to "hell".

Then you cut and paste lots of ayats. It is insulting to me. My faith tradition has a 4000 year history and yours has 1400. Ptsums tradition goes back even longer.

Islam is the new religion on the street yet it tell all those who have been here much longer that is somehow corrects them and it is the last and right one and we need to become Muslim.

I see Islam pushing for world domination and I see a very violent Islam yet you always talk about how peaceful it it.

I see Muslims coming onto this board daily and defending sharia, and martyrdom which always kills innocents but thats ok because Islam is so downtrodden and its being attacked by the west and non Muslims.

I think you should respect others differences learn to have a live and let live attitude.

I don't see Islam as a peaceful religion, nor do I want to be Muslim.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,337,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
hi pstum

elwill, my question is very simple, can you not speak for yourself, in your own words and own opinion without quoting from the Qur'an? When you quote from your sacred book to answer a question you are not using your words, you are using somebody else's, that is why I asked the question, do you not have a thought or opinion of your own. I ask the question or make a statement and I am quoted a passage of some sort from your sacred book, these are not your words, these are somebody else's words. All I ask is that you speak for yourself using your own words. Is that possible?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM

40,117 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
elwill, my question is very simple, can you not speak for yourself, in your own words and own opinion without quoting from the Qur'an? When you quote from your sacred book to answer a question you are not using your words, you are using somebody else's, that is why I asked the question, do you not have a thought or opinion of your own. I ask the question or make a statement and I am quoted a passage of some sort from your sacred book, these are not your words, these are somebody else's words. All I ask is that you speak for yourself using your own words. Is that possible?
Short answer . . . No. If they could think for themselves at all . . . they could never be convinced to fly planes into buildings or blow themselves up on school buses.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 AM

439 posts, read 482,592 times
Mary in the Quran
(Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower!

And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.

And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence cometh unto thee this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will. The Noble Quran.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM

439 posts, read 482,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am going to give a response to this also.

The problem is that many of us have a faith tradition. We are happy with our beliefs. We don't want to change.

You are not just giving information. When we tell you we are not interested, or we have a tradition the response is "give us proof" or "you are wrong" and you all go as far as to tell us we are going to "hell".

Then you cut and paste lots of ayats. It is insulting to me. My faith tradition has a 4000 year history and yours has 1400. Ptsums tradition goes back even longer.

Islam is the new religion on the street yet it tell all those who have been here much longer that is somehow corrects them and it is the last and right one and we need to become Muslim.

I see Islam pushing for world domination and I see a very violent Islam yet you always talk about how peaceful it it.

I see Muslims coming onto this board daily and defending sharia, and martyrdom which always kills innocents but thats ok because Islam is so downtrodden and its being attacked by the west and non Muslims.

I think you should respect others differences learn to have a live and let live attitude.

I don't see Islam as a peaceful religion, nor do I want to be Muslim.

this forum has rules
the owner of the forum has the right to add new rules or cancel old rules or change them

if someone will say i only follow the old rules then in any time if he does not reconsider he would be finished.

same thing if some say i will not follow any rules and will use whatever manner is comfortable for me and use free will then in any time if he does not reconsider he would be finished.

we live in this planet .

the owner of the planet is Allah

also the owner of us is Allah

when Allah put us in this planet he sent to us many prophets to guide us .

Allah did not tell us every by one prophet

but he gave us the instructions gradually from the first prophet Adam to Moses and then to Jesus until the final prophet Muhammad Peace be upon them

the result of following the final rules or not following them is Paradise or Hell.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times
[quote=finalmessage;17113481]this forum has rules
the owner of the forum has the right to add new rules or cancel old rules or change them True, but his rules only are for this forum. They are not useful on other forums. Islam has its own rules that are for muslims, these rules are not for other people.

if someone will say i only follow the old rules then in any time if he does not reconsider he would be finished.Again we are talking about your religion and it is not mine. Your rules have no bearing on my rules. Your religion has no bearing on mine. My religion still has its traditions and we do not follow Muhammad or Allah.

same thing if some say i will not follow any rules and will use whatever manner is comfortable for me and use free will then in any time if he does not reconsider he would be finished.To follow another religions rules would be following a different religion and I do not choose to turn my back on my tradition.

we live in this planet .true

the owner of the planet is AllahG-d

also the owner of us is Allah.I am not owned, I am a child of G-d.

when Allah put us in this planet he sent to us many prophets to guide us . There were many prophets

Allah did not tell us every by one prophet This sentence make no sense

but he gave us the instructions gradually from the first prophet Adam to Moses and then to Jesus until the final prophet Muhammad Peace be upon them Muhammad is not a prophet

the result of following the final rules or not following them is Paradise or Hell.Your rules, not mine

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,733,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Praise to God , who has guided us to this; and we would never have been guided if God had not guided us.

Surat Al-'Isra' [17:88] - The Qur'an
Say, "If mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants."
I stand corrected!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM

271 posts, read 304,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Mary in the Quran
(Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower!

And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.

And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence cometh unto thee this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will. The Noble Quran.

Surat 'Ali `Imran [3:42-45] - The Qur'an
And [mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed God has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the worlds.

O Mary, be devoutly obedient to your Lord and prostrate and bow with those who bow [in prayer]."

That is from the news of the unseen which We reveal to you, [O Muhammad]. And you were not with them when they cast their pens as to which of them should be responsible for Mary. Nor were you with them when they disputed.

[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed God gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to God ].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or