U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
islam inherently is very peacfull relegion , but it give us the rights of defence

60-8 Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

60-9 Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

i don't think that islam wants to exterminate all other cultures
49-13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

but why the west having conflict with them ?

politacal reasons ofcourse
America supported the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Russians that were occupying Afghanistan.
Then they were called freedom fighters.
America armed,funded ad trained the Iraq Armed Forces when Iraq was at war with Iran, then Iraq was regarded as a good friend to the west.


all these emotions changed because America have a new target now , they need to find reasons for envading our lands , and making the world hate muslims and fear them will support their hidden agenda



Islam is not under attack. It has been the aggressor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 AM
 
Location: OKC
5,426 posts, read 5,726,296 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post

politacal reasons ofcourse
America supported the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Russians that were occupying Afghanistan.
Then they were called freedom fighters.
America armed,funded ad trained the Iraq Armed Forces when Iraq was at war with Iran, then Iraq was regarded as a good friend to the west.


all these emotions changed because America have a new target now , they need to find reasons for envading our lands , and making the world hate muslims and fear them will support their hidden agenda


The Mujaheddin was not and is not the Taliban. In fact, after the Russians withdrew from Afghanistan, the Mujaheddin lost the civil war to the Taliban. We are not fighting the Mujaheddin, we are fighting the Taliban and Al Queda, which is different.

Iraq was a Soviet client state during the cold war. "Baath" means socialist, like the Soviets. Iraqi officers trained in Moscow. They used Russian equipment like T72s and AK47's, and political strategies similar to Stalins. In general, Iraq was not America's ally, they were allied with the Soviet Union.

We gave Iraq limited support during the Iran-Iraq war because at the time Iran was more dangerous than Iraq and needed to be stop. Iran had just taken our embassey officials hostage, had blown up the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, and had sponsered the hijacking of a ship called the Achillie Lauerel (SP?) Hezzballah was exporting the Ayatollahs radical brand of political islam by terrorism, and the decision was made that it was best to keep them occupied for a few years fighting each other.

Iraq wasn't an ally, nor was Iran. But for practical reasons, the U.S. gave limited amounts of support to both sides during the war. And that proxy war tied up both nations for the best part of a decade. From our point of view, it was a good move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 23,672,975 times
Reputation: 7984
Yes it is violent. A Harry Potter actress's family has threatened to kill her for being seen with a non-muslim man. Harry Potter star 'beaten after meeting non-Muslim man' - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,184,332 times
Reputation: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
I know there are a lot of people who have a very beautiful, peaceful interpretation of Islam - but are they interpreting it accurately? Or are the extremists?

Also, do you think Islam wants to exterminate all other cultures, or does it just want to defend itself? Why is the West having conflicts with them?
-No
-Yes
-yes, yes
-because of Islam's intolerance. (and US presence on their soil, let'm fight each other)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,967,933 times
Reputation: 5074
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
islam inherently is very peacfull relegion , but it give us the rights of defence
I get the impression that Islam is proceeding under the old saw that 'the best defence is a good offense', so the idea is to be as offensive as possible. Sorry, but 'defence' doesn't include terror worldwide. I don't doubt that some Muslims are peaceful and tolerant, but they ignore the ugly portions of their Qurans just as most Christians do their Bibles.

Last edited by catman; 12-21-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
 
118 posts, read 468,915 times
Reputation: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The Mujaheddin was not and is not the Taliban. In fact, after the Russians withdrew from Afghanistan, the Mujaheddin lost the civil war to the Taliban. We are not fighting the Mujaheddin, we are fighting the Taliban and Al Queda, which is different.
They're not identical, no, but both the Taliban and many of the elements that we today identify as al-Qaeda definitely were included among the Afghani mujahaddin. And as such, they received funding and support from the United States. The fact that there was infighting among them both before and after the Russian and U.S. involvement has no bearing on that fact.

Quote:
Iraq wasn't an ally, nor was Iran. But for practical reasons, the U.S. gave limited amounts of support to both sides during the war. And that proxy war tied up both nations for the best part of a decade. From our point of view, it was a good move.
A good move? I guess if you don't understand how events of the recent past lead to things that are going on in the present, that might be a legitimate conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
196 posts, read 160,927 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
I know there are a lot of people who have a very beautiful, peaceful interpretation of Islam - but are they interpreting it accurately? Or are the extremists?

Also, do you think Islam wants to exterminate all other cultures, or does it just want to defend itself? Why is the West having conflicts with them?
"interpret" = to change the meaning of something (because you DO NOT LIKE what actually SAYS) to something you agree with.

this word is the #1 problem for all religions.

That being said, PEOPLE are violent - a religion does not have the CAPACITY to commit a violent act - it's only a set of beliefs or rituals.

The USA (supposedly christian nation) has more weapons than every other nation on earth COMBINED... looks like Christianity is the war-religion to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:01 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yes it is violent. A Harry Potter actress's family has threatened to kill her for being seen with a non-muslim man. Harry Potter star 'beaten after meeting non-Muslim man' - Telegraph

She is lucky to be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:04 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
We can't judge a relegion based on a group of people because as humans there are good and bad.


Yes we can...... When muslims are in the news constantly for terrorism and plotting terrorist acts. For blowing up even members of their own religion there is a problem.

This group of people are out of control and yes we need to care. We are at war against terrorism and if that comes from muslims then we are at war with those who carry out terrorist acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:32 PM
 
118 posts, read 468,915 times
Reputation: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes we can...... When muslims are in the news constantly for terrorism and plotting terrorist acts. For blowing up even members of their own religion there is a problem.
I agree. The lack of legitimacy in our news sources is a huge problem.

Quote:
We are at war against terrorism
Oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top