U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 09:01 AM

439 posts, read 482,147 times

Advertisements

Abu al-'Aliya reported:

Ibn Abbas, the son of your Prophet's uncle, told us that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had observed:

On the night of my night journey I passed by Moses b. 'Imran (peace be upon him), a man light brown in complexion, tall. well-built as if he was one of the men of the Shanu'a,

and saw jesus son of Mary as a medium-statured man with white and red complexion and crisp hair,

and I was shown Malik the guardian of Fire,

and Dajjal amongst the signs which were shown to me by Allah.

He (the narrator) observed: Then do not doubt his (i. e. of the Holy Prophet) meeting with him (Moses).

Qatada elucidated it thus: Verily the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him), met Moses (peace be upon him).

(Book #001, Hadith #0317)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 09:22 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,456,089 times
Is cut-and-paste the only skill you people have? Well, other than oppressing anyone that doesn't believe how you do...

Old 12-25-2010, 09:52 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,040,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Abu al-'Aliya reported:

Ibn Abbas, the son of your Prophet's uncle, told us that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had observed:

On the night of my night journey I passed by Moses b. 'Imran (peace be upon him), a man light brown in complexion, tall. well-built as if he was one of the men of the Shanu'a,

and saw jesus son of Mary as a medium-statured man with white and red complexion and crisp hair,

and I was shown Malik the guardian of Fire,

and Dajjal amongst the signs which were shown to me by Allah.

He (the narrator) observed: Then do not doubt his (i. e. of the Holy Prophet) meeting with him (Moses).

Qatada elucidated it thus: Verily the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him), met Moses (peace be upon him).

(Book #001, Hadith #0317)

I am curious, do you then view Moses as a Black Man?

Peace.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 AM

439 posts, read 482,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

Peace.
yes.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:25 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,902,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Of course, that is why Moses could marry a Cush ite. Of course, Miriam got leprosy when she criticized Moses for marrying a Cush ite but then Miriam was obviously a different kind of black woman than the Cush ite Moses married.......Aren't you glad there is no inconsistency? Think how awful it would be if the koran turned out to be a bunch of lies and Mohamed was just another pedophile?

Old 12-25-2010, 02:49 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,520,596 times
See the trend developing? First it was Muhammad and Moses. Then Adam. Then Mary. Now it's Jesus. Every person making more than a cameo appearance in the Bible is going to be linked to the Qu'ran, if only we give the OP time enough.

(For myself, I can't wait for the installment where Muhammad meets Hezekiah!)

Old 12-25-2010, 02:54 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,596,346 times
I don't know anything about Mohamed, but saying Moses had light brown skin doesn't indicate he was Black or Caucasian. Most people from the mid-east region have light brown skin. I think if his race mattered in any way, God would've have specified one way or the other.

But since you are quoting....if you read down a bit.....0319 of Hadith says:
Quote:
(I feel) as if I am seeing Moses (peace be upon him), and then he described something about his complexion and hair, which Diwud (the narrator) could not remember.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:02 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,456,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
See the trend developing? First it was Muhammad and Moses. Then Adam. Then Mary. Now it's Jesus. Every person making more than a cameo appearance in the Bible is going to be linked to the Qu'ran, if only we give the OP time enough.

(For myself, I can't wait for the installment where Muhammad meets Hezekiah!)
Actually, I'd like Muhammed to meet the wh*re of Babylon, and also the antichrist.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:18 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,727,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Is cut-and-paste the only skill you people have? Well, other than oppressing anyone that doesn't believe how you do...
Oh heavens no.

They can link Youtube videos as well.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:00 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times
God give me patience and tolerance . . . these Muslim fanatic cut and pastes with their outrageous claims are an abomination to the intellect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or