U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
 
122 posts, read 126,775 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
yeah go ahead and cover up the muslim on muslim violence. The Iraqi Christians had to cancel their Christmas services do to fear of violence against them.

But Islam isn't a violent religion so it must have been a figment of their imagination.........
The video is from someone who lived in Iraq and has seen a lot.He has seen the reality in real life not on Tv as u do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Quote:
Why Muslims?


How about we bring this thread back on track. There are too many hijacks sending it in different directions. Any religion/idealogy can be picked at to find the worst part and then say it represents the whole. The issue here are the fundimentalists and their definition of Peace and their following the Quran word for word.Thus these extremists who are these most noisiest and least representative of Muslims as a whole are seen to represent the entire idealogy (Islam). So if all of Islam were bent on destroying the infidels around the world, there would be one easy way to do it: Stop pumping Oil (nuking the West is not an option since it is basically committing a slow suicide - different thread needed to explain difference of martyrs death).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,567 posts, read 2,081,058 times
Reputation: 1629
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
i think this cartoon more accurately depicts the muslim-israel difference:
lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2010, 06:13 PM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
I think this cartoon more accurately depicts the Muslim-Israel difference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
lmao!
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 AM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Reputation: 5074
An oversimplification to be sure, but it makes a good point. I like the AK-47 in the Palestinian's hands and the M-16 in the Israeli's. Nice attention to detail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 01:29 AM
 
Location: Texas
15,891 posts, read 15,289,452 times
Reputation: 62655
Nawary,

Here is the problem as I see it:

In today's world the majority of terrorists are Muslims. That does not mean that all Muslims are terrorists.

However, those who are not terrorists fail to speak out against those who are terrorists. Why is that? There is a saying that silence indicates agreement. So the message that the Muslim world is sending out is:
We agree with terrorism against the infidels.

And then we have the fact that the Shia population is treated like second class citizens in all countries except Iran where Shiites are in the majority. They are even treated badly on Hajj by the Wahhabi security forces in Mecca and Medina. Why is that? If the Islamic community cannot get along within its own ranks then how can the world expect it to get along with folks who are not Muslims?

And then there is Israel....sigh.

Palestine was partitioned and became Israel (once again) over 60 years ago based on a vote by the members of the United Nations. How long is Islam going to use Israel as an excuse to attack the West? We are not going to abandon Israel. It simply is not going to happen but many of us would like to see a two nations agreement that includes Israel and the Palestinians. Those who don't want that use the fact that Hamas and other Islamic groups continue to attack Israel as a reason to not support peace between the two factions. What does Israel do? She fights back. That is how she has managed to survive for all these decades while the Grand Mufti types keep trying to push the Jews into the Red Sea. Do Muslims just not get it? The majority of the West will not let that happen.

I doubt that huge amounts of people think studying the Quran is a waste of time. The study of any religious book can be very interesting. However, studying only holy books is a problem. Reciting a holy book in a language you don't even speak (Arabic) is a problem because then the reciter has to rely on someone to interpret it. Therein lies a huge problem. The problem with how folks view the Quran is based on all the different interpretations that are used in hateful ways. Look at Sharia Law. Which school of thought is followed: Hanafi, Sha'afi, Hanbali or Maliki? The interpretations of what Muslims follow as the religious law can vary by the school in enough ways that killing is involved. See what I mean?

In the West, Civil Law is the supreme law and it applies to everyone. Many Muslims, other than westerners, believe that the Sharia law is supreme even though the Quran plainly states the Sharia is second after Civil. Westerners will never accept a religious law to have supremacy over Civil. Our countries believe in freedom of religion. Islamic countries, for the most part, do not. So, westerners question the Quran because of the varied interpretations. There are different interpretations of The Bible, too, but they do not divide the population into killing factions in western countries for the most part.

So, if you want to see a change then speak out. Ask your imams to speak out. Ask your mullahs to speak out. Ask your holy folks to take a stand. And more importantly, Muslims must take a stand against the terrorists. After all, they kill you, too.

Last edited by Ketabcha; 12-28-2010 at 01:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 04:21 AM
 
271 posts, read 304,028 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

And then there is Israel....sigh.

Palestine was partitioned and became Israel (once again) over 60 years ago based on a vote by the members of the United Nations. How long is Islam going to use Israel as an excuse to attack the West? We are not going to abandon Israel. It simply is not going to happen but many of us would like to see a two nations agreement that includes Israel and the Palestinians. Those who don't want that use the fact that Hamas and other Islamic groups continue to attack Israel as a reason to not support peace between the two factions. What does Israel do? She fights back. That is how she has managed to survive for all these decades while the Grand Mufti types keep trying to push the Jews into the Red Sea. Do Muslims just not get it? The majority of the West will not let that happen.
survive ?!

Media is excellent !

http://www.flixya.com/files-photo/T/r/u/Trueperson221792175.jpg.pagespeed.ce.-IYQkPW8-9.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 AM
 
Location: Texas
15,891 posts, read 15,289,452 times
Reputation: 62655
Yes. Survive. Land possession is not necessarily a measure of survival and that is particularly true if the people are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 AM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 432,305 times
Reputation: 129
[quote=gsm113;17152876]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post


You say they do what they do to get their country back.
Tell me, which country is this? Tell me what country the Palestinians want back?
Tell me how is it ok to hide weapons inside a hospital in the hope that a strike will produce many civilian casualties? They are sacrificing their own children. Shame on them.

I doubt the religion of peace, Islam, would condone such a thing. Every 2 sentences you say "peace be upon you", you finish your prayers with the sentence. So either the terrorists are not true Muslims or Islam produces great liars.
Like someone earlier said, actions speak louder than words.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes " Actions speak louder than words ".. and that show us what Israel action have done in palestine >> look at the map , it prove Israel actions !!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 AM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 432,305 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
So muslim men cannot be trusted around a virtuous woman? Every muslim man is a rapist? No muslim men can control themselves? What a sad way to live......always in fear of everyone you meet. My daughter can go anywhere she wishes, any time she wants.....and do so without worrying about being accosted or molested by strangers..........

>>>>>>>>>>

Muslim men can be trusted ... what I want to say that west way of promoting of things is changing some of men thoughts about living.. you try to live more than to worship the God ..
There are many Muslim men , who didnít care about the beautiful western girl , who is walking in the mall in front of them ..
Hijab and wearing covered dress what men and religion want from women..
so her body is belong to her husband so no one can look at her on different way..
so it's ok in your country to be naked as I see !!!
I was shocked when I saw Kate wenslit on Titanic movie , so the women on your country is like an entertaining product !!!
She can be naked to have a Malty Thousands!!!
By the way >> I love Kate Winslet , but that seen on titanic make me Shocked ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top