U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:43 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Is being a Muslim = victim syndrome?

The extremists are experts at terror and the others are experts at seeing themselves as victims. Totally ignoring the violence perpetrated by muslims against others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 07:21 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,475,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
You made a really good point here by these pictures.I think it is because of the media.Most people have been spoon fed,therefore,they had a bad picture of all muslims and they made a conclusion based on the media and some Muslims around the world.If they read more about Islam and asked the right people,the issue wouldn't even be there.Thankx for the thread.
But don't you think it goes both ways? The media in the Muslim world portrays muslims as victims and there is press on 9/11 being a conspiracy.
I was in a group project at business school in Australia w/ someone from Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkmenistan.. I was the only non-Muslim and the things they were telling me (e.g., no Jews died in the twin towers) surprised me. they were exposed to media that showed when muslims were treated poorly and when a muslim did bad (e.g., terrorists) had apologist slants (e.g. it wasn;t one of ours, it was a US plot)..

Old 12-28-2010, 07:50 PM

122 posts, read 126,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
But don't you think it goes both ways? The media in the Muslim world portrays muslims as victims and there is press on 9/11 being a conspiracy.
I was in a group project at business school in Australia w/ someone from Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkmenistan.. I was the only non-Muslim and the things they were telling me (e.g., no Jews died in the twin towers) surprised me. they were exposed to media that showed when muslims were treated poorly and when a muslim did bad (e.g., terrorists) had apologist slants (e.g. it wasn;t one of ours, it was a US plot)..
I agree with u it goes both ways.That is why I stopped watching the news and started to read more.But to be honest,there are some Arabic media such as Aljazeerah will show u stuff about victims in Palstaine and Iraq.But honestly since I came here,I have never seen something about the victims of Arabs in the news.Rather than bringing those victims,they focus on the bad Muslims.I saw that documentary and I saw Fehrenhait documentary movie,but I don't know if it is real.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,734,881 times
Quote:
I see u posted many things that already have been answered in other threads and already been posted.If u don't find them,go to this website Islam Tomorrow Home Site of Yusuf Estes

The difference is that u and I disagree on the Basic belief which is that as Muslims we submit ourselves to the creator and worship him alone without any partners. If we disagree on the basic belief, we won't agree on manner issues.

As Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: "Every child is born on the "fitrah" (natural inclination) of "Islam" (surrender, submission and peace to the Creator on His Terms). And it is their parents who raise them up to be Jews, Christians or fire worshippers".

So, as a Muslim we submit ourselves to the creator who created us as human beings men and women. If we make sins by not following what the creator has asked us to do, we are still Muslims but with sins. We return to the creator to ask for forgiveness and try to correct ourselves not because of others, but because we want to be true Muslims.

But for nonbeliever, they submit themselves to themselves without even noticing that. We follow Allah by following his terms not our terms.I hope this helps.Peice be upon to u.
I addressed every picture in the opening post, now go ahead and respond to my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
A nun makes the decision HERSELF! Explain to me why female children of a muslim parents are force to wear the hijab? Explain to me why some parents kill, throw battery acid, have their daughter raped if she doesn't wear the hijab?

Western women aren't expected to follow EVERY command from their husband, nor are they expected to take a beating from their husband if they refuse to follow his commands. Muslims females are slaves the moment they are married.

All Universities should stop religion at their gate. The main religions work on denigrating knowledge, not pursuing it.

Hopeless... WTF you mean he is brainwashed by his parents. The amount of knowledge and wisdom in the world one must ignore, to be able to claim the quran is the most perfect book is absolutely ridiculous. This delusion of grandeur surrounding the quran has been maintain in the middle east by staying willfully ignorant. Hence the state the middle east is in.

BS. You get the title of terrorist when you describe to a religion who says it is good for you to die while fighting to spread this religion. Then try to follow that religion commandments which encourages you to murder.

The difference one is screaming "god is great", and the other one isn't.

When the solution is to cut of limbs, murder, torture and unequal treatment... no I don't want to hear those solutions.

Don't give me that. The commandments for the slaughter and murder of innocent people are written in the quran.
The commandments to treat women as second class citizens are written in the quran.
The commandments to HATE homosexuals is written in the quran.

BS, I read your "holy book", and it is by no means non-violent, well written, or full of wonder.

No country has gone into production, pulling of bomb after bomb, bomber after bomber, like in world war 2. Yes, hunting down and killing people who to follow the horrible parts of your scripture might kill some innocent people.
But don't you even think you have some divine right to land. Mass exile? New middle east? Rob YOUR resources, invade YOUR countries. What are you talking about?!?! You didn't own that country, saddam hussein and his sons did. You didn't own those resources saddam hussein and his sons did. Yes, turning a dictatorship into a democracy (well maybe it isn't yet) is the only good thing I can see from that waste of money in the middle east.

I think this shows perfectly, how many muslims view this world. I think this comes from the lack of communications between muslims and non muslims. Muslims tend to bundle together into one little group as most people do, who are trying to protect themselves from other points of views. This sideways skewed view of the world, and these.. well blatant lies must be challenged.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM

122 posts, read 126,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I addressed every picture in the opening post, now go ahead and respond to my response.
For Muslims the only refrence for them is Quran and Sunna.

From the Quran
In the name of Allah most Gracious,most Merciful
“O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the bridal moneyyou have given them. And live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and God brings a great deal of good through it.” (Quran 4:19)

Prophet Sunna
Prophet Muhammad, peice and blessings be upon him, said, “None but a noble man treats women in an honourable manner. And none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully.”

As for the spread of Islam, this is supposed to take place peacefully by disseminating the Message with the written and spoken word. There is no place for the use of weapons to compel people to accept Islam. Weapons can only be drawn against those who persecute and oppress others and prevent them from following their own consciences in matters of belief. The Muslims cannot just stand by while people are being denied the right to believe in Islam and their voices are being crushed.
This is the meaning of Allah’s words: [SIZE=2]“And fight them on until there is no more terrorism or oppression and there prevails a way for justice and faith in Allah.” [/SIZE][Surah al-Baqarah: 193]Quran

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said in his letter to the Roman governor Heracles: “I invite you to accept Islam. If you accept Islam, you will find safety. If you accept Islam, Allah will give you a double reward. However, if you turn away, upon you will be the sin of your subjects.” [Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim]

Once people have heard the Message without obstruction or hindrance and the proof has been established upon them, then the duty of the Muslims is done. Those who wish to believe are free to do so and those who prefer to disbelieve are likewise free to do so.

Even when the Muslims are compelled to fight and then subdue the land, their duty thereafter is to establish Allah’s law in the land and uphold justice for all people, Muslim and non-Muslim. It is not their right to coerce their subjects to accept Islam against their will. Non-Muslims under Muslim rule must be allowed to remain on their own faith and must be allowed to practice the rights of their faith, though they will be expected to respect the laws of the land.

Had the purpose of jihad been to force the unbelievers to accept Islam, the Prophet (peace be upon him) would never have commanded the Muslims to refrain from hostilities if the enemy relented. He would not have prohibited the killing of women and children. However, this is exactly what he did.

Read what the prophet said
During a battle, the Prophet (peace be upon him) saw people gathered together. He dispatched a man to find out why they were gathered. The man returned and said: “They are gathered around a slain woman.” So Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “She should not have been attacked!” Khalid b. al-Walid was leading the forces, so he dispatched a man to him saying: “‘Tell Khalid not to kill women or laborers”. [Sunan Abu Dawud]

You can find everything here.
Yusef Estes kill

Peice

Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 AM

40,117 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
For Muslims the only refrence for them is Quran and Sunna.
This reinforced ignorance of the world and knowledge is the reason these outright lies are repeated everywhere in this forum. The evidence from the world contradicts everything said in this deceptive pack of lies. It is time Islam allowed the education of its ignorant people using more than the Qur'an and Sunna.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:15 AM

19,837 posts, read 19,937,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This reinforced ignorance of the world and knowledge is the reason these outright lies are repeated everywhere in this forum. The evidence from the world contradicts everything said in this deceptive pack of lies. It is time Islam allowed the education of its ignorant people using more than the Qur'an and Sunna.
Yes...there's always the Bible (the parts you like, anyway)
Why is it Christians can pick and choose to follow or ignore the parts of the Bible they like but Muslims aren't allowed the same with the Koran?

Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM

40,117 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Yes...there's always the Bible (the parts you like, anyway)
Why is it Christians can pick and choose to follow or ignore the parts of the Bible they like but Muslims aren't allowed the same with the Koran?
You need to read posts more carefully, old_cold . . . I talked about the evidence FROM the world. They are free to pick and choose . . . but it is what they are actually doing on the world stage that impacts us.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:56 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,475,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Ignorance and hate are so evident here
Not necessarily. In addition to pictures of the muslim 9-11 terrrorist, we saw images such as these on TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

do a search for stoning of women, gay teenagers hung in iran

where were the mullah's decrying the terrorists of 9-11? where were the mass demonstrations of muslims outraged over 9-11? if these happened, it was not covered.

I don't hate muslims and i've been reading the Qu'ran off an on... so Im not entirely ignorant. But muslims need to have better press and to be more vocal in their demonstrations over outrage by the violent acts created by a few extremists that bring shame over their entire religion. Only then will tolerance and understanding prevail. Clean your own house first... then we will come visit.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,733,662 times
Paul = Mohammed = L. Ron Hubbard

I'm kind of jealous that I'm not cool enough to start my own religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam