U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:19 PM

122 posts, read 126,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
So it is ok if a woman says she doesn't want to practice Islam? Or do you stone her?

Never mind, I know the answer as does the rest of the world.
Allah's Messenger said:
"Verily Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth
but
He looks to your heart and to your deeds."
[Sahih Muslim]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Can some body answer me these questions?

Who gets pregnant for 9 months and carry the baby men or women?
Who gets a period every month and gets tired ? I don't if period is the right word
Who is more passionate about the child men or women?
Who is better at raising the child men or women?
Who is more stronger men or women?Even if we compare the weight men weight more than women do to the muscle.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:31 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,430,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
That doesn't mean they are oppressed.U are looking at this in a cultuar way.Look at in a relegious way and how she is protecting herself from being look at as an objective.If u study in America,I bet u recieve emails a lot about women who are being raped on the streets.That is almost never heard of in muslim countries.Check the percentage of women who are being raped in America and compare it to muslim countries.

In the name of Allah ,most Gracious most Merciful
“O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the bridal money you have given them... they. And live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and God brings a great deal of good through.” (Quran 4:19)
The religion of Islam demands that women be treated with respect, honour, and justice. It condemns oppression of any kind. In Islam women, like men, are commanded to believe in God and to worship Him. Women are equal to men in terms of reward in the Hereafter.
In the name of Allah ,most Gracious most Merciful
“And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of God, such will enter paradise; and not the least injustice, even to the size of a speck on the back of a date stone, will be done to them.” (Quran 4:124)

That is exactly what it means. They are oppressed because they do not have a choice. To say other wise is ignoring what oppression is.

Those who have wear the veil because they want to are those who do not fear.

Woman in Afghanistan, SA, Iran, are not allowed to go outside without being covered.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:33 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,430,545 times
Quote:
Can some body answer me these questions?

Who gets a period every month and gets tired ? I don't if period is the right word
Who is more stronger men or women?Even if we compare the weight men weight more than women do to the muscle.
Not sure what this has to do with anything?????

Old 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM

848 posts, read 964,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
He is diverting attention from the real issue since he cannot rationally defend the accusations made against his religion of "peace".
He must resort to quoting scripture and asking irrelevant questions.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well I will answer them and correct me if I am wrong.
Women gets pregnant every month and has to spend time for the baby.

While Women has a period every month,men don't face anything like that.

Of course women even when she is at work,she will be thinking about the baby.

Of course women

Of course men.

If most of these questions are answered by saying women.Then how come in America they recieve the same salary as men do even thought they get tired more than men and more passionate than men.And, men are more stronger than women.Isn't she supposed to get more salary than men because she suffer more with all these issues.Isn't that oppressing women becaue they don't consider what she faces?Isn't this opprission ?

Old 12-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Well I will answer them and correct me if I am wrong.
Women gets pregnant every month and has to spend time for the baby.

While Women has a period every month,men don't face anything like that.

Of course women even when she is at work,she will be thinking about the baby.

Of course women

Of course men.

If most of these questions are answered by saying women.Then how come in America they recieve the same salary as men do even thought they get tired more than men and more passionate than men.And, men are more stronger than women.Isn't she supposed to get more salary than men because she suffer more with all these issues.Isn't that oppressing women becaue they don't consider what she faces?Isn't this opprission ?
Your definition of "oppression" is all wrong. People (men and women) are paid according to how well they perform their jobs, and how much they contribute. How much their employer feels they are worth to the company. It has nothing to do with their level of suffering. If it did, janitors would make more than investment bankers because they have to clean up s&*t and bankers don't.

There probably is still a gap in wages between women and men who do the same thing, though this is still in the process of being corrected. You cannot possibly compare that level of inequality with the burdens you place on your women in Saudi and other places, where women are basically treated like second class citizens.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Your definition of "oppression" is all wrong. People (men and women) are paid according to how well they perform their jobs, and how much they contribute. How much their employer feels they are worth to the company. It has nothing to do with their level of suffering. If it did, janitors would make more than investment bankers because they have to clean up s&*t and bankers don't.

There probably is still a gap in wages between women and men who do the same thing, though this is still in the process of being corrected. You cannot possibly compare that level of inequality with the burdens you place on your women in Saudi and other places, where women are basically treated like second class citizens.
No your difinition is wrong because there is something people can change.And there is something natural which can't be changed.In muslim contries,Islam condsider all these issues.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
No your difinition is wrong because there is something people can change.And there is something natural which can't be changed.In muslim contries,Islam condsider all these issues.
Then why doesn't Islam consider changing the behavior towards women and allow them the same freedoms of men???

Old 12-26-2010, 09:01 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,907,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post

Are you really trying to explain this concept to them? This would be a waste of time and energy. This is a thread about the supposed repression of equality in religion posted by someone who follows a religion whose tenets thrive upon repression of equality regarding just about everything known to civilized societies. You would have better luck trying to talk to a brick wall or clap with one hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam