U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 AM

40,066 posts, read 26,744,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i agree that it was wrong from those individual muslims to use violence

the point is that when i disrespect something in your beliefs or something in your culture , i can show you it politely without offending your feelings , i can show it to you without making you to hate me

these cartoons without doubt were a hate speech , media criticise islam every day in their media , what is so different in this carttons ! , offcourse it's different and offcourse it exceeded the limits
Oh get off your self-righteous horse, elwill. Muslims are the most intolerant and disrespectful of ALL the religious out there! They will kill, deceive and terrorize others to accept their heinous and barbaric deen until ALL submit to Allah and their Sharia rules under penalty of their savage and barbaric punishments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,729,586 times
Quote:
i agree that it was wrong from those individual muslims to use violence

the point is that when i disrespect something in your beliefs or something in your culture , i can show you it politely without offending your feelings , i can show it to you without making you to hate me

these cartoons without doubt were a hate speech , media criticise islam every day in their media , what is so different in this carttons ! , offcourse it's different and offcourse it exceeded the limits
How do explain the murder of Theo van Gogh?

Here's the letter his killer had on him:

Quote:
Drenched in blood these are my final words...

Pierced by bullets...

As I had hoped...

I am leaving a message behind...

For you ...the fighter ....

The tree of Tawheed is waiting...

And longing for your blood....

Take up the challenge....

And Allah will help you overcome....

He gives you the garden...

In place of this earthly rubble....

To the enemy I also have something to say...

You will certainly try to resist ...

But even if you go on a Tour of the world...

Death is Lurking right behind you ...

The Horsemen of DEATH are at your heels...

And the streets will be covered red with Blood ...

To the hypocrites I say will end with this :

Wish for DEATH or else keep quiet ...and sit...

Dear brothers and sisters I am nearing the end...

But with this my story is not ended....

Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
How do explain the murder of Theo van Gogh?

Here's the letter his killer had on him:
what can i explain
he is a killer who commited his crime out of uncontroled anger which this artist casued to him

Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,907,840 times
Quote:
what can i explain
he is a killer who commited his crime out of uncontroled anger which this artist casued to him
with said uncontrolled anger a result of religious (islamic) fervor. Face it, Islam is a failed attempt at a religion and is now being directed by fanatics that misrepresent..............never mind, it isn't misrepresenting a thing...........

Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,114,454 times
Quote:
what can i explain
We don't want people in our country who commit murder because of some cartoon.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times
Quote:
so now , after we understood each other
can you say about any country which disallow hate of speech and insulting other's beliefs that it's against freedom of speech ?

how can you consider this forum against freedom of speech , while everyone can criticise and show objections for other beliefs ( as long as it happens politely and with respect ) ?

why someone should to be rude and offensive to feel that he have freedom of speech ?
Elwill, there is still no understanding on your end. You still don't get it. All I did was apologize for not being able to help you. I don't know how to make the concept any simpler. Do you really not GET IT, or are you playing with me?

Quote:
You cannot disrespect something/someone politely. That is somewhat of an oxymoron. And if you were disrespectful, I would recognize that that is strictly your opinion on the matter. I would not hate YOU. I might hate your OPINION, but not you.

You use the word "I" several times above in bold. We do not deny that there are peaceful muslims out there. It would be silly to think otherwise. I believe that your intention is not to show ill will. But you CANNOT speak for your entire population as I cannot do the same for ours. There are MANY muslims that are nowhere near as tolorant as you seem to be. You may be polite while here at CD, but be honest. What do you really think of us infidels? The type of stuff you would not write on CD, but could if you really wanted to because of freedom of speech.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times
I'm curious why Elwill is the only muslim that is participating on this thread. For that, I give him much credit. After all, this thread is geared to gain insight from those of the Islamic faith. Where are the rest of the muslims? Is this too complicated a subject? I guess it is much easier to just start conversion threads by cutting and pasting scriptures & posting youtube links.

What a shame. This is why we don't take you guys seriously.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,114,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm curious why Elwill is the only muslim that is participating on this thread. For that, I give him much credit. After all, this thread is geared to gain insight from those of the Islamic faith. Where are the rest of the muslims? Is this too complicated a subject? I guess it is much easier to just start conversion threads by cutting and pasting scriptures & posting youtube links.

Do we have many Catholics on this forum? Or Mormons?

Maybe it is only Protestants who are encouraged to read the Bible and question it and try to interpret it for themselves. They are the ones attracted to forums like this.

There also appear to be quite a few atheists like myself. Of course, we all think for ourselves, because there sure ain't no atheist guidebook telling us what to believe.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,729,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

Elwill deserves credit for explaining his position, and I thank him for sharing his insights.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM

2,782 posts, read 3,732,802 times
Such hatred and death, and the book these people base their hatred and murder off. No matter if you're a Sunni or Shia, every scholar in islam admits the "perfect" quran isn't written by the "profit", but instead many years after he died.

So technically, these people are not taking their prophet seriously, but instead, this book, which has many contradiction, and is extremely questionable, from it's source, to it's poorly written stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or