U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,906,491 times
Reputation: 7014

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
.......... You guys are far too busy designing better suicide bombs .............
Not really all that good if the underwear bomber or the shoe bomber is any indication. A Elementary kid knows more science than that.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,296 times
Reputation: 31
the quran is not a scientific book
but it contains scientific facts and hints to help non believer to believe that the Quran is from thier creator.

here is a hint for the earth rotation
And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 08:07 AM
 
Location: OKC
5,426 posts, read 5,729,081 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the quran is not a scientific book
but it contains scientific facts and hints to help non believer to believe that the Quran is from thier creator.

here is a hint for the earth rotation
And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do

You are seeing what you want to see in the Koran.

That passage is not a miracle.

It could mean any number of different things, and those things which are true you will claim, and those which are not true you will deny.

For example, it could mean that mountains move slowly over time, as the earth's crust shifts. "Another miracle!" you would claim.

Or it could mean that mountains move like clouds move, floating on air..which you would deny, since that would make it untrue, or you would simply say it was a metaphor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,906,491 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the quran is not a scientific book
but it contains scientific facts and hints to help non believer to believe that the Quran is from thier creator.

here is a hint for the earth rotation
And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do
Nice gif, really bad and unpersuasive assumptions......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
 
271 posts, read 304,163 times
Reputation: 35
Lightbulb who were given knowledge know that it is the truth from your Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the quran is not a scientific book
but it contains scientific facts and hints to help non believer to believe that the Quran is from thier creator.

here is a hint for the earth rotation
And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do


Actually, Every time I read this verse, I see it's enough for all who had any doubts about Quran to stop and think.

I knew it because i studied it in science, the Prophet - Peace and blessings be upon him - was an illitirate man living in the desert, 1400 y ago .
That's why the Quran, that's non-comparable to any human speech is a book refuting its deniers every day in all ages.

Surat Al-Haj [22:54] - The Holy Qur'an
"And so those who were given knowledge may know that it is the truth from your Lord and [therefore] believe in it, and their hearts humbly submit to it. And indeed is Allah the Guide of those who have believed to a straight path.
But those who disbelieve will not cease to be in doubt of it until the Hour comes upon them unexpectedly or there comes to them the punishment of a barren Day."

It's so simple like that !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Reputation: 12628
Yeah, all that says to me is believe and submit or be punished...Pretty much the very same thing can be read in the bible... Not a good enough reason to believe in nonsense...Actually not a reason at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,372,762 times
Reputation: 3735
Nor is it a good reason to take it that significant step further and claim this sort of passage indicates some advanced and miraculous knowledge of the world around us absent a vigorous scientific method....

After all, Islam has no easy pathway to utilization of the Western Scientific Method.

This is only another very ambiguous and unclear passage that could be used to support many alternate endings, the least of which is that this passage from the Q'Ran proves some great ancient knowledge of the universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 12:23 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,296 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
You are seeing what you want to see in the Koran.

That passage is not a miracle.

It could mean any number of different things, and those things which are true you will claim, and those which are not true you will deny.

For example, it could mean that mountains move slowly over time, as the earth's crust shifts. "Another miracle!" you would claim.

Or it could mean that mountains move like clouds move, floating on air..which you would deny, since that would make it untrue, or you would simply say it was a metaphor.

the verse might also refer to the movements of the earth around the sun but eventually it refers to a true facts .
and this is not the only verse but there are many verses refers to
scientific concepts , in many fields
ASTRONOMY
PHYSICS
HYDROLOGY
GEOLOGY
OCEANOLOGY
BOTANY
ZOOLOGY
MEDICINE
PHYSIOLOGY
EMBRYOLOGY
GENERAL SCIENCE

here is one ASTRONOMY

http://www.ddmb.net/Pictures/pics--miracles%20of%20Allah-rose-surah%20Rehman.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Reputation: 12628
If what you say is true, then why does Islam lag so far behind the rest of the world in science?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,296 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If what you say is true, then why does Islam lag so far behind the rest of the world in science?

you should distinguish between islam and muslims
islam is perfect
the muslims used to be the leader of the science when the quran was thier way of life
and europe took the science from the muslims books.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_j70bwkSqQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top