U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
 
Location: Jordan
29 posts, read 24,614 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If what you say is true, then why does Islam lag so far behind the rest of the world in science?
Friend:, Islam is not delayed at all, not lag, does not deviate, because the straight path of Allah in the earth, which is the method of God in which the good of mankind.

Friend: they delayed the followers of Islam, because most of them violated the laws of Islam, and goes against the path of Islam

Dear: God has promised that Islam appears to all religions, so we all note that all the world's problems solved and the final root exists in Islam

My advice to all that we study and analyze and reflect on Islam objectively and study the real application of Islam from the inside of the truth without hatred and intolerance, we must study during the stripping Islam from the mistakes some affiliates

My friend: What a beautiful world if applied to Islam, have done so from the former caliphs, did not remain poor and oppressed, and spread of chastity and purity, and people lived in peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,370,795 times
Reputation: 3735
Default Wrong.

Fact: there is no modern evidence of any advanced Muslim science present today. It's all borrowed or "reverse engineered" or purchased from other more advanced cultures. Even the basic weapon of greatest utility to the fanatic Muslim world, the AK-47, came out of Russia. Medical imaging equipment? Out of the US and Japan. Mineral mining technology? Out of Canada. Oil drilling? The US and Russia. The Internet? he US military (or, of course, Al Gore...). Vehicles? The US, Britain and Japan (I see a lot of Toyota Land Cruisers in the various videos of the Me, but never any Q'Ran-mobiles, designed in Iran or Iraq...). Cell phones and C4? Well, you get the picture.

As for a completely ambiguous and convenient determination that a minor passage in the Q-Ran specifically applies to a super-nova it's just that: ambiguous and convenient coincidence.

What I'd need to see is:
"In such and such a quadrant of the night skies in mid-January, at 0355 GMT, with a brightness number of "5", you will see evidence of a super-nova which at the time of the writing of the Q'Ran was invisible to the naked eye, but you will be able to see it in the year 2011 with a time exposure on a digital-pixelating camera cell (designed and built in Iran, for instance), taken thorough a 200 inch telescope (ditto, and using lead-doped telescopic glass materials, the formula for which is also contained in section XXX.XX of this Q'ran), and it will appear in a false-color time exposure (use exactly 14 minutes, fully tracked) as a red object, frequency ≈630 nM wavelength, appearing to be vaguely similar to a rose."
Now, that's the sort of "prophecy" I'd at least sit up and take notice of.

Because otherwise, yah got nothing, buddo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,202 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Fact: there is no modern evidence of any advanced Muslim science present today. It's all borrowed or "reverse engineered" or purchased from other more advanced cultures. Even the basic weapon of greatest utility to the fanatic Muslim world, the AK-47, came out of Russia. Medical imaging equipment? Out of the US and Japan. Mineral mining technology? Out of Canada. Oil drilling? The US and Russia. The Internet? he US military (or, of course, Al Gore...). Vehicles? The US, Britain and Japan (I see a lot of Toyota Land Cruisers in the various videos of the Me, but never any Q'Ran-mobiles, designed in Iran or Iraq...). Cell phones and C4? Well, you get the picture.

As for a completely ambiguous and convenient determination that a minor passage in the Q-Ran specifically applies to a super-nova it's just that: ambiguous and convenient coincidence.

What I'd need to see is:
"In such and such a quadrant of the night skies in mid-January, at 0355 GMT, with a brightness number of "5", you will see evidence of a super-nova which at the time of the writing of the Q'Ran was invisible to the naked eye, but you will be able to see it in the year 2011 with a time exposure on a digital-pixelating camera cell (designed and built in Iran, for instance), taken thorough a 200 inch telescope (ditto, and using lead-doped telescopic glass materials, the formula for which is also contained in section XXX.XX of this Q'ran), and it will appear in a false-color time exposure (use exactly 14 minutes, fully tracked) as a red object, frequency ≈630 nM wavelength, appearing to be vaguely similar to a rose."
Now, that's the sort of "prophecy" I'd at least sit up and take notice of.

Because otherwise, yah got nothing, buddo!

if someone does not know how to read and does not know how to write then you took him and gave him lessons in reading and writing
then when he was able to read and write then he did a lot of reading and studies and made remarkable inventions .
should not he be thankfull and greatfull to you.

and regarding the the sort of prophecy you need to see here is one

the Romans have been defeated ( that was in 615 AD) by the persian
and then The Quran says that within ten years the Roman will win ( and that what happend in 624 AD)

and the prophecy happen as the quran mentioned.
Alif. Lam. Mim.

The Romans have been defeated

In the nearer land, and they, after their defeat will be victorious

Within ten years - Allah's is the command in the former case and in the latter - and in that day believers will rejoice

In Allah's help to victory. He helpeth to victory whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Merciful.

It is a promise of Allah. Allah faileth not His promise, but most of mankind know not

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,370,795 times
Reputation: 3735
"Within ten years" is a rather ambiguous and refutible prophecy, frankly. You seem to miss the point of actual prophecy. Now, if they had prophesied the exact date (also controvertible, but let's continue...), and added the exact reasons and means, then it could qualify as an accurate and fulfilled prophecy.

Let's just say that I and millions of other skeptics require far different levels of documentation and evidence for a supposedly fulfilled prophecy than you do. Fact: neither Christian nor Islamic prophecies have EVER made the grade.

But that's OK: It's a harmless fantasy you harbor. Even if there were some truly useful and modern information there, Islam has stayed well behind the demonstrated technical advancements of Western technology, apparently to ignore this imagined vast and amazing Islamic technological edge, instead deciding to hijack, steal or buy "science" from other sources. And even more oddly, we do not ever see a copy of the Q'Ran in any scientist's technical resource library. Hmmm....

So... you just go ahead believing that somehow allah had an edge on "future-tech" and "scientific miracles", and that Islam has a vast and historical scientific background to grow on.

Good luck with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,731,807 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the verse might also refer to the movements of the earth around the sun but eventually it refers to a true facts .
and this is not the only verse but there are many verses refers to
scientific concepts , in many fields
ASTRONOMY
PHYSICS
HYDROLOGY
GEOLOGY
OCEANOLOGY
BOTANY
ZOOLOGY
MEDICINE
PHYSIOLOGY
EMBRYOLOGY
GENERAL SCIENCE

here is one ASTRONOMY

Funny looking rose...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,329,656 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by salaita1 View Post
Do you have information or knowledge about the scientific miracles of the Qur'an? If not, proceed to the following location


www.quran-m.com
scientific miracles..? Kind of an oxymoron isn't it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 AM
 
Location: Jordan
29 posts, read 24,614 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
scientific miracles..? Kind of an oxymoron isn't it...
My friend
Where is the contradiction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Jordan
29 posts, read 24,614 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Funny looking rose...
My friend
God use the analogy, I think that you need to understand the metaphor, and rhetoric in the Arabic language, by the referee on the image. The other thing that (the analogy) between the content of the verse, and what is shown in the picture is very strong in terms of color and shape
My friend
What the eye sees can not never lie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
 
Location: Jordan
29 posts, read 24,614 times
Reputation: 10
Default Add to your knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
scientific miracles..? Kind of an oxymoron isn't it...
Scientific explanation: is to reveal the meaning of the verse or talk in the light of the swing validity of the theories of cosmic science.
The scientific miracle: it is to tell the Holy Qur'an or the Sunnah, the fact has been corroborated by recent experimental science, and proved the possibility of recognizing non-human means at the time of the Prophet peace be upon him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:37 AM
 
40,052 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
scientific miracles..? Kind of an oxymoron isn't it...
Not kind of, ptsum . . . there isn't anything remotely scientific or miraculous about the Qur'an or Islam since the 14th century! It is a stagnant culture and deen that controls the education (really "dis-education") and stifling of human innovation and creativity under anachronistic and barbaric rules and punishments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top