U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:11 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,112,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
The description of the final prophet Muhamed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him
.................................................. .................................................. ...............
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

................ a man who is handsome, of glowing countenance, and of good proportions, with neither a large stomach nor a small head.

He is smart of appearance, with balanced features, deep black eyes, and long eyelashes.

His voice is not coarse.

He has a long neck, a full rounded beard, and thick eyebrows that meet each other.

When he is silent, he is stately and composed, and when he speaks, his appearance is impressive.

“He is the most beautiful and striking man from a distance and the best and most beautiful from close up.

He is well spoken, clear in what he says, saying neither too much nor too little, his words flowing forth like a perfect string of pearls.

“He is neither too tall nor overly short, a stately man in the company of two other stately men (one of them was Abu Bakr RA), and he is the most prominent among them and the most well-respected.

“He has companions who surround him. If he speaks, they listen to him, and if he commands, they hasten to fulfill his command.

He is well served and attended, though he is neither stern nor argumentative.”
I tell you, these Muslims sure know how to lay it on thick, don't they?

I'm glad Christians don't go on like this about Jesus. At least they stress the teachings of Jesus instead of bragging about how beautiful he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM

122 posts, read 126,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I tell you, these Muslims sure know how to lay it on thick, don't they?

I'm glad Christians don't go on like this about Jesus. At least they stress the teachings of Jesus instead of bragging about how beautiful he was.
Prophet Muhammed's life peace and blessing be upon him was documented in details from people who lived with him.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
Prophet Muhammed's life peace and blessing be upon him was documented in details from people who lived with him.
OK, so Mohammed's contemporaries said he was handsome.

Was that before or after they passed a law stating that anyone making a disparaging comment about Mohammed would be killed?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM

40,046 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
This focus and emphasis on the worldly and carnal is the major give away that Islam is NOT of God. God has no interest in this physical world . . . physical appearances and attributes included. But there is a Spirit that is totally interested in this world . . . Satan.

Quote:
OK, so Mohammed's contemporaries said he was handsome.

Was that before or after they passed a law stating that anyone making a disparaging comment about Mohammed would be killed?
LOL . . . beautiful, hiker . . . priceless!!!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-06-2011 at 09:58 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This focus and emphasis on the worldly and carnal is the major give away that Islam is NOT of God. God has no interest in this physical world. But there is a Spirit that is totally interested in this world . . . Satan.

LOL . . . beautiful, hiker . . . priceless!!!
Do u think God created u for no reason?And created everything around u without testing u to see if u follow the message and truth or lie and your own desires.

As humans we have enemy everyday which is Satan who wants us to go stray from the truth.U make a choice either u follow the message and truth,or Satan and lie.Your choice and the conequences is going to affect u alone.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM

Hey Muslim,

If you read some of the posts in the Christian forum, you will see that many Christians question the teachings of their religion and it often causes them to be confused and unhappy. However, they eventually figure out their own understanding of Christianity, and then they are happier.

Do you know many Muslims who go through that transformation? Do you find many Muslims who question some parts of Islam?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM

30,876 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Question Islam? OMG, that is blasphemy...A person can be killed for that in Muslim nations....

Imagine this: One of the top politicians of your country is gunned down by his own bodyguard. Shocking, but not unheard of.

Now imagine this: The very next day, the assassin shows up at court and is given a hero's welcome. Supporters shower him with rose petals and put a garland around his neck.

Sound bizarre? Well, that's exactly what has happened this week in Pakistan.

Assassin or hero? Pakistan's great divide over killer of governor - CNN.com

Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Hey Muslim,

If you read some of the posts in the Christian forum, you will see that many Christians question the teachings of their religion and it often causes them to be confused and unhappy. However, they eventually figure out their own understanding of Christianity, and then they are happier.

Do you know many Muslims who go through that transformation? Do you find many Muslims who question some parts of Islam?

The way I see it is that the more I become close to the creator the more happy I am.The more I understand Islam clearly the more happy I am.

As Muslims we submmit ourselves to the creator and worship him alone without assoiciations.And we accept the truth no matter if we like it or not.We do our best to avoid sins.

For the last question the more u learn about Islam the more clear it becomes to u.That is why u would find a christins relegious people revert to Islam and u never find a really relegious muslim man convert to other relegion.The keyword here is relegious.

Thanks for asking.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
For the other post,I have no information on that topic and I don't know about it.

Islam is not a barbaric relegion because in the Muslims countries there are people who just want to live a peaceful happy life.The difference between Muslims and others is that Muslims go by the creator rules and live their lives by it.Some Muslims don't follow that it is not Islam's fault.In other countries people live their lives by men made rules,and they find mistakes everytime ,so they change the rules as they go along.The thief and a drug dealer will want a different rule to live by.And everybody will want a different rule.For example,in America I heard they started to make some drugs legal because a huge percentage of people is asking for it.The best example for that is Calfornia I think where if u have a license u can buy drugs.That is of course doesn't mean it is correct.In Islam countries we dealt with this issue and we don't change it.

But for Muslims we live by the creator rules and the creator is all juictice, and we do our best to keep it that way.

As I menetion before,we can't judge the whole relegion for what some groups or people do.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-07-2011 at 06:49 AM..

Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 PM

912 posts, read 720,380 times
If there are some Muslim people out there I would like to ask a question....

It is simply a question based on my experience.

It has happened in line up at the Grocery stores a few times that what appears to be Muslim folks....drop something or a few things due to possibly handling too much, or something else.

Because I am next in line and I see this , automatically I reach over and pick up the dropped item from the floor. The what appears to be Muslim, has trouble looking at me and saying oh, thanks.

When I'm in line and drop something and its in front of the what appears to be Muslim, the item is ignored regardless of myself having hands full or being in an awkward situation.

This has happened a few times in both examples. Do Muslim people ....feel that they are
chosen or superior ...deep down ? Is there part of your belief that tells you that apparent non-Muslim people are to be ....avoided unless absolutely neccesary..?

I think there is an underlining issue with attitude that cannot be veiled indefinitely. Will also mention that not all peoples from this part of the world seem to be feeling awkward with normal social encounter with people.

So whats going on here ? There are things that you cannot hide, if theres a reason then can U tell me what it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or