U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
If there are some Muslim people out there I would like to ask a question....

It is simply a question based on my experience.

It has happened in line up at the Grocery stores a few times that what appears to be Muslim folks....drop something or a few things due to possibly handling too much, or something else.

Because I am next in line and I see this , automatically I reach over and pick up the dropped item from the floor. The what appears to be Muslim, has trouble looking at me and saying oh, thanks.

When I'm in line and drop something and its in front of the what appears to be Muslim, the item is ignored regardless of myself having hands full or being in an awkward situation.

This has happened a few times in both examples. Do Muslim people ....feel that they are
chosen or superior ...deep down ? Is there part of your belief that tells you that apparent non-Muslim people are to be ....avoided unless absolutely neccesary..?

I think there is an underlining issue with attitude that cannot be veiled indefinitely. Will also mention that not all peoples from this part of the world seem to be feeling awkward with normal social encounter with people.

So whats going on here ? There are things that you cannot hide, if theres a reason then can U tell me what it is
absolutely not
completly the opposite

i think you should talking with them in second time to find out if they do that intentionally or if they were muslims in the first place , but anyway it's not part of our beliefs ofcourse

Historians (see Sahih Bukhari, Tradition Number 1311) report that as a funeral of a Jew passed before Prophet Muhammad [peace and blessings be upon him], as a sign of respect he stood up. In doing this, he showed respect and shared in the feeling of sorrow with Jewish family and community. "Why did you stand up for a Jewish funeral?" he was asked. The Prophet replied: "Is it not a human soul?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 AM

271 posts, read 304,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
absolutely not
completly the opposite

i think you should talking with them in second time to find out if they do that intentionally or if they were muslims in the first place , but anyway it's not part of our beliefs ofcourse

Historians (see Sahih Bukhari, Tradition Number 1311) report that as a funeral of a Jew passed before Prophet Muhammad [peace and blessings be upon him], as a sign of respect he stood up. In doing this, he showed respect and shared in the feeling of sorrow with Jewish family and community. "Why did you stand up for a Jewish funeral?" he was asked. The Prophet replied: "Is it not a human soul?"
Of course,
the prophet - peace and blessings be upon him -said also
"The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character."

Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Of course,
the prophet - peace and blessings be upon him -said also
"The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character."

Originally Posted by elwill
absolutely not
completly the opposite

To bad we don't see that expressed towards Jews and Christians today from Muslims.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

To bad we don't see that expressed towards Jews and Christians today from Muslims.
we have to follow the footsteps of our beloved prophet (pbuh) , so its too bad for whoever dosn't follow him from muslims

Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
we have to follow the footsteps of our beloved prophet (pbuh) , so its too bad for whoever dosn't follow him from muslims

You might want to explain this further...... Not sure what the smiley face means either...

Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You might want to explain this further...... Not sure what the smiley face means either...
it's enough to agree with you that it's bad to find muslims don't follow their prophet , as it's too bad to find jews and christians don't follow their prophets either

smily face means that i respect your view even if i disagree with you

Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,118,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
The way I see it is that the more I become close to the creator the more happy I am.The more I understand Islam clearly the more happy I am.

As Muslims we submmit ourselves to the creator and worship him alone without assoiciations.And we accept the truth no matter if we like it or not.We do our best to avoid sins.

For the last question the more u learn about Islam the more clear it becomes to u.That is why u would find a christins relegious people revert to Islam and u never find a really relegious muslim man convert to other relegion.The keyword here is relegious.

Thanks for asking.
Muslim, that was a good answer to my question. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM

912 posts, read 721,435 times
Thank you Muslim people for the answers regarding the grocery store experience. Its interesting to see the different belief .

It must be difficult when so many Muslim reports show negative behaviour.

About a year ago, a Muslim grandmother was sentenced to 12 lash's. Her crime was allowing a young man to pick up her groceries.

Heres what I want to know.......if you feel it would be good to reply.

With so much hatred associated with Muslim, why can't the Muslim people who are interested in the Muslim of peace and non-violence start a ...Muslim of Origin , belief system ?
The reason would be in showing there is an interest to living in the way that is inspired with
the noble intentions of being a good individual.
Where there is no clear distinction...between the never ending reports of beating women and all the rest of it...I get the impression from this, that goodness is NOT the objective.

Also...in noticing Muslim women...they seem in low spirits and very unhappy. The face is turned in and there seems to be no "joy in life".

Thank you for any answer and have a nice day

Old 01-07-2011, 04:01 PM

439 posts, read 482,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
...... At least they stress the teachings of Jesus.... .

see the teaching of prophet Muhamed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him

Jareer ibn Abdullah, Radi-Allahu anhu,

once sent his servant for buying a horse.
The servant made a deal for three hundred dirhams and brought the seller with him so he could be paid.

Jareer ibn Abdullah, Radi-Allahu anhu,
looked at the horse and realized that the seller had undervalued it.

"Would you sell it for four hundred?" he asked.

The seller agreed.

"How about five hundred?"

he continued his unusual "bargaining" and finally bought the horse for eight hundred dirhams.

He was later asked why he did so.

"The seller was not aware of the true value of this horse, " he explained.

"I have simply given him a fair price because I had promised to Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, to always be sincere and well-wisher for every Muslim
About Islam: Hadeeths Of Prophet Muhammad(saw)-(Part-1) (http://aboutislambyirfan.blogspot.com/2010/09/hadeeths-of-prophet-muhammadsaw-part-1.html - broken link)

Old 01-07-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
it's enough to agree with you that it's bad to find muslims don't follow their prophet , as it's too bad to find jews and christians don't follow their prophets either

smily face means that i respect your view even if i disagree with you

Thanks for further explaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or