Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

Truth light: Many Western women don't want their roles in society to be so circumscribed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 AM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
The more I pondered the greater emptiness I felt within. I was slowly beginning to reach a stage where my dissatisfaction with my status as a woman in this society, was really a reflection of my greater dissatisfaction with society itself. Everything seemed to be degenerating backwards, despite the claims that the 1990's was going to be the decade of success and prosperity. Something vital seemed to be missing from my life and nothing would fill this vacuum. Being a Christian did not do anything for me, and I began to question the validity of only remembering God one day a week - Sundays! As with many other Christians too, I had become disillusioned with the hypocrisy of the Church and was becoming increasingly unhappy with the concept of Trinity and the deification of Jesus. Eventually, I began to look into Islam.

At first, I was only interested in looking at those issues which specifically dealt with women. I was surprised. What I read and learned taught me a lot about myself as a woman, and also about where the real oppression of women lies: in every other system and way of life outside of Islam. Muslim women have been given their rights in every aspect of the religion with clear definitions of their role in society - as had men - with no injustice against either of them.

By: Feminist embraced islam .HERE

That's what who studied Islam said !
I was confused when I first saw this post. The reason is that your reasons for leaving Christianity as enclosed above , were unusual .

I decided to go through all of your posts to try and understand your spiritual initiative and general momentum in thought.

As such,....through your posts this is what I have found..

1) you are very knowledgeable of your present belief system and passionate about targeting Christianity.

2) There has also been ...anti-American comments within your dialogs.

3) I find it peculiar that your dis-satisfaction of Christianity is extremely general, as we learn that you are a thorough individual with Islam. There is an in-consistency in focus here. In other words , how come your knowledge of Christianity is so vague and your knowledge of Islam is so in depth.( as you claim to have been a disatisfied Christian

In short...its basically impossible to assume you are being honest. There is a pronounced theme in almost all of your posts which attack Christianity in order to suggest attraction to Islam.

I believe in opinion ...that you have mis-represented yourself.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-12-2011 at 03:05 AM..

Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
that was a good post, truth. I think a lot of us do not understand why people are attracted to islam, but you explained it very well.

You said that you had an emptiness in your life and you were dissatisfied with our society and christianity was not doing enough for you. I guess you find islam to be more all-encompassing, and that appeals to you.

We all hope you find happiness and fulfillment in your new faith.

wake up

Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post

1) Do you deny that Islam religion accepts and promotes force in violence to control women ?

2) Exactly what initiative has EVER been implemented in world hunger or world peace solely through Muslim or Islam effort ?

When do Muslim people go out in the community and help the poor, aged, sick in the community....? If not what is the good in Muslim belief....exactly ?

Well.....how come theres no answer

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-12-2011 at 02:59 AM..

Old 01-12-2011, 07:44 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
I was confused when I first saw this post. The reason is that your reasons for leaving Christianity as enclosed above , were unusual .

I decided to go through all of your posts to try and understand your spiritual initiative and general momentum in thought.

As such,....through your posts this is what I have found..

1) you are very knowledgeable of your present belief system and passionate about targeting Christianity.

2) There has also been ...anti-American comments within your dialogs.

3) I find it peculiar that your dis-satisfaction of Christianity is extremely general, as we learn that you are a thorough individual with Islam. There is an in-consistency in focus here. In other words , how come your knowledge of Christianity is so vague and your knowledge of Islam is so in depth.( as you claim to have been a disatisfied Christian

In short...its basically impossible to assume you are being honest. There is a pronounced theme in almost all of your posts which attack Christianity in order to suggest attraction to Islam.

I believe in opinion ...that you have mis-represented yourself.
I would have to agree . . . more of the deceptive practices of Islam IMO.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
1) Do you deny that Muslim religion accepts and promotes force in violence to control women ?
yes i deny that muslim relegion promote force in violence to control women

Quote:
2) Exactly what initiative has EVER been implemented in world hunger or world peace solely through Muslim effort ?
are you suggest that muslims don't encourage rightious deeds for poor and hunger

Quote:
3) What is the world peace objective, to Muslim faith ? Do you have this objective in a formal directive, and why not..?
yes offcourse we have these objectives in our quran

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8)"

And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)

Muslims are forbidden from attacking others who do not attack them:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)"

Jihad can only be declared when the Muslims are attacked. Muslims are not allowed to attach those who do not attack them. And even when war breaks out, if the enemy offers an honest peace, then we should accept it and end the blood shed:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)"

And if a treaty of peace was made, then we must honor that treaty to the end:
"Except those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If God had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: Therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (Guarantees of) peace, then God Hath opened no way for you (to war against them). (The Noble Quran, 4:90)"

"How can there be a league, before God and His Apostle, with the Pagans, except those with whom ye made a treaty near the sacred Mosque? As long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God doth love the righteous. (The Noble Quran, 9:7)"

Quote:
4) Knowledge of Muslim is nothing if the followers do not show observance to the faith. How do you substantiate the readings to Muslim in every day life when they are not followed ?
i think that muslims with comparison to the whole relegions in the world are the most ones devouted to their relegion and take it seriously than others
so if you insist that muslims don't follow their relegion or you insist to take those who don't follow their relegion as an example for entire muslims , then it's your problem , i'm here to describe for you what is the real teaching of islam which muslims should follow

Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I have met many Muslim women...its very sad. There is no such thing as love in their life and they accept the situation like saints. They are the sacrificial lamb to a self dominating religion which affords the world pain and suffering. They ALL know that absolute rejection as well threats are very much real if they do not comply exactly.
This is how they know, they must live the life.... and pretend... they can find the true love...and know that it.....will not be.

This is my observation and I fully want Muslim people to know , with communication and transportation, the conduct and control tactics that Muslim use against women is ......well known and un-acceptable.

People watch people. It is part of the life in a interesting progressive culture. Muslim people are watched in curiosity as well. There is much that is noticed.
watch another people then ( no one forced those women to convert and no one forced them to be modest after their islam)

100,000 Islam converts living in UK: White women most keen to embrace Muslim faith | Mail Online

Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
I have a few questions, Elwill.

Do Muslims read the Quran a lot?

During lunch at work, I often saw people reading the bible and sometimes a few people at one table discussing the bible. Do Muslim men and women do that?

I have a friend who is Korean and he said several of the Korean wives are real bible enthusiasts. They even see who can memorize more of it. Do Muslim women do things like that?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
yes i deny that muslim relegion promote force in violence to control women

are you suggest that muslims don't encourage rightious deeds for poor and hunger

yes offcourse we have these objectives in our quran

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8)"

And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)

Muslims are forbidden from attacking others who do not attack them:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)"

Jihad can only be declared when the Muslims are attacked. Muslims are not allowed to attach those who do not attack them. And even when war breaks out, if the enemy offers an honest peace, then we should accept it and end the blood shed:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)"

And if a treaty of peace was made, then we must honor that treaty to the end:
"Except those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If God had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: Therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (Guarantees of) peace, then God Hath opened no way for you (to war against them). (The Noble Quran, 4:90)"

"How can there be a league, before God and His Apostle, with the Pagans, except those with whom ye made a treaty near the sacred Mosque? As long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God doth love the righteous. (The Noble Quran, 9:7)"

[color=#ff0000]
i think that muslims with comparison to the whole relegions in the world are the most ones devouted to their relegion and take it seriously than others
so if you insist that muslims don't follow their relegion or you insist to take those who don't follow their relegion as an example for entire muslims , then it's your problem , i'm here to describe for you what is the real teaching of islam which muslims should follow
Thankyou for reply. I want you to know that I have never read the Quran and my reason for these questions is a dismay with all the war and continued upset in the middle east for 1000's of years.

Now that all people are moving about the world, we find ourselves with a mixture of culture and I don't think anybody is anxious about ways that un-questionably give birth to battle.

In order to address these important readings that you have selected , I am going to introduce a sequence of events involving children .

a) A group of 30 children are stranded on an Island and are divided into
5 groups.

b) Each group containing 6 of the children have found a copy of the Quran and embrace the readings.

c) The Territory's which divide the groups of children each contain different necessities to life, one territory would have clean water, one would have plenty of sunshine for harvest, another foliage in order to construct shelter and so on, in each of the 5 territories.

Lets have a look at their guidance which they embrace in the Quran.

1) You are only "not forbidden" not encouraged to show kindness to the other groups who have not in your "opinion" fought you in matters of interpretation of the Quran. God loves just dealers, this is your rule.

2) You are ordered to fight what you believe to be wrongdoers , and fight them until you "feel" that they are not, interfering with your belief. In this manner you will be fighting for God.

3) If your water or food is being stolen, and all measure for reparation to yourselves has been denied, it is time to attack. The matter is non-negotiable in the children's view and violence in the name of God is necessary.
Those who are indifferent, show weakness and are to be considered the enemy. Thus.. God has "opened the door" to war against them through bloodshed in the name of God.

Above we clearly see that the application of the Quran is basically a guarantee to chaos. The readings you have provided are designed for discretionary prompt to war. in the name of God.

This is a negative attempt at management of the human community... in the expectation to bloodshed.

I'm sure there is plenty of good wisdom in the Quran , however as I explained I have not read it. If you provide more it would help me understand more than I do about the belief

Most important.....Can you explain how it would be possible that the children in above example would not in time... annihilate themselves ?

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-12-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I have a few questions, Elwill.

Do Muslims read the Quran a lot?

During lunch at work, I often saw people reading the bible and sometimes a few people at one table discussing the bible. Do Muslim men and women do that?

I have a friend who is Korean and he said several of the Korean wives are real bible enthusiasts. They even see who can memorize more of it. Do Muslim women do things like that?
It is very common now a days to find hundreds of thousands of Muslims, some of them as young as 12 years old, who are memorizing the whole of Qur'an by heart. Special schools now exist that train their students on how to memorize the Qur'an and properly recite the verses. Local and international competitions are also held in many Muslim countries between those "Hafizoon"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam