Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM

39 posts, read 63,298 times

Advertisements

Interesting Article:

BBC News - Converting to Islam - the white Britons becoming Muslims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:59 PM

122 posts, read 143,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus7 View Post
I found out that women around the world revert to Islam more than men which is a really nice thing because it is a response to the media and anybody who says Muslim women are oppressed.They found happeness in Islam.

Thanks for the interisting article.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
I found out that women around the world revert to Islam more than men which is a really nice thing because it is a response to the media and anybody who says Muslim women are oppressed.They found happeness in Islam.

Thanks for the interisting article.
I know one who converted to Islam in February, got married in July and deconverted in November because she realized she did NOT find happiness.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
I am not surprised. Many people are attracted to a faith that gives specific quidelines and rules for living their lives. That is why a friend of mine became a Catholic.

I have also read that women take religion more seriously than men, and that very conservative Christian women are having a hard time finding conservative Christian men to marry.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM

122 posts, read 143,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I know one who converted to Islam in February, got married in July and deconverted in November because she realized she did NOT find happiness.
Well we can't gernerlize just for one or three cases.Let me be honest with U I don't think she did study more about Islam because the more u study the more u learn.Islam is a comitment to the creator and honesty.
A survey of 122 converts last year showed 56% were white British, with women making up 62% of respondents.
One convert in Wales, Jane, talks to Felicity Evans of BBC Radio Wales about why she chose to follow the faith and change her life.

BBC News - 'Why I decided to convert to Islam'

Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM

Articles like these (and there are many, many examples) adequately reflect the true nature of Islam and reveal that clever, educated and reflective women can make a clear and respectable choice of choosing a path and faith that allows them to live moral, respectable, peaceful and righteous lives. In addition, it provides a clear example of Islam being a peaceful and logical faith. Of course, there will be those who think otherwise; everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the key is to be respectful towards one another and not let ignorance fuel hatred and animosity.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 AM

27 posts, read 32,893 times
Why would anyone want to convert to a religion that has a prophet who was a violent warlord? I mean, Muhammed spread his religion by using violence.

To those who believe that Muhammed was a man of peace, I ask you, why didn't he stop his followers from raping their female slaves? He was with his followers when they did it, according to the Hadiths.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz123 View Post
Why would anyone want to convert to a religion that has a prophet who was a violent warlord? I mean, Muhammed spread his religion by using violence.

To those who believe that Muhammed was a man of peace, I ask you, why didn't he stop his followers from raping their female slaves? He was with his followers when they did it, according to the Hadiths.
This is completely wrong and an utter fabrication. There simply isn't any point wasting time responding to ridiculous lies such as these from someone who is clearly plagued with ignorance and hatred. It's behaviour like this which encourages right-minded folk to learn more about the faith and ultimately embrace it. That's why we are seeing more and more educated people embracing the faith.

Oh, here's another interesting article:

The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Muslim faith - Home News, UK - The Independent

Old 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM

27 posts, read 32,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus7 View Post
This is completely wrong and an utter fabrication. There simply isn't any point wasting time responding to ridiculous lies
They aren't lies.

According to Hadith Sahih Muslim 3371, Muhammed's followers raped their female slaves while he was there with them, the following is from the Hadith I referenced to (please note that "Allah's Messenger" means Muhammed):

Quote:
Abu Sirma asked Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He replied: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, so we decided to have forced sexual intercourse with the female captives but by observing 'azl. But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.
So it seems that Muhammed knew that his followers were going to forcefully have sexual intercourse with the captives. It was rape because the female captives obviously didn't want to have sex with the men that were holding them captive.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz123 View Post

According to Hadith Sahih Muslim 3371, Muhammed's followers raped their female slaves while he was there with them, the following is from the Hadith I referenced to (please note that "Allah's Messenger" means Muhammed):

So it seems that Muhammed knew that his followers were going to forcefully have sexual intercourse with the captives. It was rape because the female captives obviously didn't want to have sex with the men that were holding them captive.
What complete and utter nonsense. You've completely made that up in order to spread your ignorance and hatred. What utter tripe. And if you want incontrovertible evidence that it's utter tripe and has no place in Islam: the majority of people converting to Islam are....WOMEN! Fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam