U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM

439 posts, read 482,547 times

Advertisements

the quran has many reference to scientific facts .
and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah
and here is one of the fact

in the following verses the quran is hinting for
paleontology (prehistoric life science) and fossils formation
before the modern science.
"They say: "What! when we are reduced to bones and dust, should we really be raised up (to be) a new creation?" Say: "(Nay!) be ye STONES or IRON, "Or created matter which, in your minds, is hardest (to be raised up), - (Yet shall ye be raised up)!" then will they say: "Who will cause us to return?" Say: "He who created you first!" Then will they wag their heads towards thee, and say, "When will that be?" Say, "May be it will be quite soon!. The Noble Quran.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,212,032 times
To think the Arab world was once THE center of human knowledge. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:41 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,119,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
To think the Arab world was once THE center of human knowledge. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Oh, ain't that the truth.

Plus, Islam has way too many riddles for my take.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:15 PM

40,103 posts, read 26,772,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Depressing what the deliberate retention of ancient ignorance can do to intellectual progress! I was wondering what one of my favorite movies had to do with religion or philosophy. Disappointing.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 PM

8,701 posts, read 11,846,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the quran has many reference to scientific facts .
and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah
and here is one of the fact

in the following verses the quran is hinting for
paleontology (prehistoric life science) and fossils formation
before the modern science.
"They say: "What! when we are reduced to bones and dust, should we really be raised up (to be) a new creation?" Say: "(Nay!) be ye STONES or IRON, "Or created matter which, in your minds, is hardest (to be raised up), - (Yet shall ye be raised up)!" then will they say: "Who will cause us to return?" Say: "He who created you first!" Then will they wag their heads towards thee, and say, "When will that be?" Say, "May be it will be quite soon!. The Noble Quran.

Isn't that something. Did you know the Bible does the same thing? Natural Selection is "hinted at" in the Bible long before evolution was discovered by modern science to occur.

Consider John 15:

[1]"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
[2]He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit,
while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that
it will be even more fruitful. "

Whoah! What do you make of that? I guess it's all in how you read it.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,994,349 times
It escapes me how the original post was supposed to be convincing. I'm not sure what its point was, other than of course to show us the absolute correctness of the Quran. Hardly an original concept, in any case.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 AM

Quran in these verses refers to the conversion of the dead into stones or iron and this fact has been proven scientifically, not only that but also this fact is now the scientific basis for more complicated studies of paleontology (prehistoric life science). So Quran preceded the modern science by referring to the fact of fossils formation due to conversion of the dead into stones or iron.

"Be STONES or IRON", Quran speaks about Fossils

Old 01-20-2011, 09:01 AM

8,701 posts, read 11,846,753 times
Quote:
Quran in these verses refers to the conversion of the dead into stones or iron and this fact has been proven scientifically, not only that but also this fact is now the scientific basis for more complicated studies of paleontology (prehistoric life science). So Quran preceded the modern science by referring to the fact of fossils formation due to conversion of the dead into stones or iron.

You know, I am willing to bet that fossils preceded the koran. Just saying.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:41 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,550,430 times
Quote:

Actually, what has happened is that you have interpreted the words that way. Your interpretations, which you use to "prove" your point, are hardly anything new. Erich Von Daniken did pretty much the same thing. And just look how much credibility he gathered for himself!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said,

"A man used to do sinful deeds,

and when death came to him, he said to his sons,

'After my death, burn me and then crush me, and scatter the powder in the air,

for by Allah, if Allah has control over me, He will give me such a punishment as He has never given to anyone else.'

When he died, his sons did accordingly.

Allah ordered the earth saying, 'Collect what you hold of his particles.'

It did so, and behold! There he was (the man) standing.

Allah asked (him),

'What made you do what you did?'

He replied,

'O my Lord! I was afraid of You.'

So Allah forgave him.

" Another narrator said "The man said, Fear of You, O Lord!" (Book #56, Hadith #688)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or