U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:05 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,343,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
................ a man who is handsome, of glowing countenance, and of good proportions, with neither a large stomach nor a small head.

He is smart of appearance, with balanced features, deep black eyes, and long eyelashes.

His voice is not coarse.

He has a long neck, a full rounded beard, and thick eyebrows that meet each other.

When he is silent, he is stately and composed, and when he speaks, his appearance is impressive.

“He is the most beautiful and striking man from a distance and the best and most beautiful from close up.

He is well spoken, clear in what he says, saying neither too much nor too little, his words flowing forth like a perfect string of pearls.

“He is neither too tall nor overly short, a stately man in the company of two other stately men (one of them was Abu Bakr RA), and he is the most prominent among them and the most well-respected.

“He has companions who surround him. If he speaks, they listen to him, and if he commands, they hasten to fulfill his command.

He is well served and attended, though he is neither stern nor argumentative.”

So when are you going to answer the question? I still see a bunch of questions but no answers. I think it's rather juvenile of you to completely dance around the question and come up with some off-the-wall description, is this typical of Muslims? Ask for questions but can't answer them, you're wasting peoples time here. There are some legitimate question here that have been asked but no Muslim has really yet to answer them.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM

439 posts, read 482,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So when are you going to answer the question? I still see a bunch of questions but no answers. I think it's rather juvenile of you to completely dance around the question and come up with some off-the-wall description, is this typical of Muslims? Ask for questions but can't answer them, you're wasting peoples time here. There are some legitimate question here that have been asked but no Muslim has really yet to answer them.
ptsum i can not answer a question that i do not know its answer.

any one who is really serious to have some question about Islam then he

can send his question to this site http://www.islam-qa.com/

however i will go through the threads again and i will answer what ever i have some knowledge about it (in sha Allah).

Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,343,864 times
Quote:
ptsum i can not answer a question that i do not know its answer.

any one who is really serious to have some question about Islam then he

can send his question to this site http://www.islam-qa.com/

however i will go through the threads again and i will answer what ever i have some knowledge about it (in sha Allah).
well now, maybe we're getting somewhere, answer the questions that you can and do so without cutting or pasting or reciting verses and phrases from your holy book, in other words, give us your own opinions and your own words, not somebody else's. Anybody can quote from a book, that's not what we're looking for.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 PM

948 posts, read 1,243,536 times
Please define the following in regards to the enforcement of Sharia law through violent or peaceful tactics

Islamic Republics

Islamic state

Islamist militant aka Islamic Regime

Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 PM

563 posts, read 802,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I have an honest question about Islam:

Why is it so terrible to make a picture of Mohammed, even a respectful one?

No one knows what Mohammed looked like, so anything presented is just a guess... does that have something to do with it?
I think you are on the right track. It's really a major focus on not falling into idolatry. And true Muslims want to avoid a religion that seems to be centered around a man or tribe. The focus should be on Allah (God), and not on Muhammad.
Every culture seems to have their own benchmark of respect toward their religious leaders and/or founders.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Why do so many Muslims live more by Hadith and Sunnah than by the Qur'an? This has caused terrible cultural problems and has given rise to the image by many Americans that all Muslims are extremists.
the main idea is to obey Allah .

and Allah told us every thing in the Quran

and in the Quran there are 6236 verses

and here is one of the verses

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger and those of you who are in authority; and if ye have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to Allah and the messenger if ye are (in truth) believers in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more seemly in the end.

as you can see from the above verse Allah told us also to obey the messenger

therefor we also live by the confirmed Hadith

Quran is the saying of Allah

Hadith is the saying of the prophet Muhammed peace & blessing of Allah be upon Him.

and regarding Sunnah the meaning of it is

The Sunnah is the way of life of Prophet Muhammad, God bless him and grant him peace. Muslims strive to follow the Sunnah in everyday life. For example, they worship as Prophet Muhammad, God bless him and grant him peace, worshipped, eat the way he ate, solve problems as he did, care for the family as he did, etc.

Read more: Answers.com - What is the Sunna

Old 01-28-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Question for the OP...What is this about the left hand???

I am left handed..now what?

the left hand is mentioned in the quran and in the hadith in many subjects

and here are 2 hadiths

Ibn 'Umar reported

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

When any one of you intends to eat (meal), he should eat with his right hand. and when he (intends) to drink he should drink with his right hand, for the Satan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand. (Book #023, Hadith #5008)

Salama b. Akwa' reported on the authority of his father

that a person ate in the presence of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with his left hand,

whereupon he said: Eat with your right hand.

He said: I cannot do that,

whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: May you not be able to do that.

It was vanity that prevented him from doing it, and he could not raise it (the right hand) up to his mouth.

(Book #023, Hadith #5011)

if you are looking for something else about left hand please give me a clue.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM

563 posts, read 802,011 times
Quote:
the main idea is to obey Allah .

and Allah told us every thing in the Quran

and in the Quran there are 6236 verses

and here is one of the verses
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger and those of you who are in authority; and if ye have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to Allah and the messenger if ye are (in truth) believers in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more seemly in the end.

as you can see from the above verse Allah told us also to obey the messenger

therefor we also live by the confirmed Hadith

Quran is the saying of Allah

Hadith is the saying of the prophet Muhammed peace & blessing of Allah be upon Him.

and regarding Sunnah the meaning of it is

The Sunnah is the way of life of Prophet Muhammad, God bless him and grant him peace. Muslims strive to follow the Sunnah in everyday life. For example, they worship as Prophet Muhammad, God bless him and grant him peace, worshipped, eat the way he ate, solve problems as he did, care for the family as he did, etc.

Read more: Answers.com - What is the Sunna
First, thanks for the answer and its detail. I respect your Islamic knowledge as I've been a Quranist for only about a year, and prior, learned from Shia friends.
It has been my personal experience that the weight of Hadiths and the examples of Prophet Mohammad, pbuh, are what people tend to learn and follow more than the actual teachings of the Qur'an. It really, really seems that he has been elevated above Allah, as well as bringing about behaviors that are inhumane. I say that with great sadness, not as a contentious point.
But then again, I am still using a turbah so I'm guilty of "picking-and-choosing" my religion.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:50 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,910,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
well now, maybe we're getting somewhere, answer the questions that you can and do so without cutting or pasting or reciting verses and phrases from your holy book, in other words, give us your own opinions and your own words, not somebody else's. Anybody can quote from a book, that's not what we're looking for.
This is a tall order you are asking for, ptsum! Cutting and pasting is usually all they can do. It is not really their fault, as I'm sure the language barrier and extreme brainwashing limits their abilities.

Remember, the attempt of conversion is the only reason why they are even on CD to begin with. You really can't blame them. They are only here doing what they are commanded to do. They don't know any better/ or different.

I find it humorous that the person who started the thread has not returned. Their # of posts tells the whole story.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:01 PM

28 posts, read 37,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled Ahmed View Post
In this thread I will answer any questions about Islam or about any question you do not find the answer

Please do not delete the management of the subject

I am very happy because I'm Muslim

According to Revelations in the Bible, the Christian God is furious at a false prophet and anyone else that doesn't speak the truth about Jesus. Muhammad seems to fit this description as the PERFECT model and example of who God wants his people to avoid being like, who to turn away, and who to despise. Why do you back up Muhammad? When you look at what Muhammad claims to know, why do you jump to his side on things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or