U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
 
439 posts, read 482,076 times
Reputation: 31

Advertisements

the quran has many reference to scientific facts .
and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah
and here is one of the fact .
Alif, Lam, Mim.
The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land,
but after their defeat they will be victorious within three to nine years.
The affair is Allah's from beginning to end. On that day, the believers will rejoice. (Qur'an, 30:1-4)
the above verses has two miracles


miracle 1

These verses were revealed around 620, almost 7 years after the idolatrous Persians had severely defeated Christian Byzantium in 613-14. In fact, Byzantium had suffered such heavy losses that it seemed impossible for it even to survive, let alone be victorious again.

In 622, Heraclius gained a number of victories over the Persians and conquered Armenia.177 In December 627, the two empires fought a decisive battle at Nineveh, some 50 kilometres east of the Tigris river, near Baghdad. This time too, the Byzantine army defeated the Persians. A few months later, the Persians had to sue for peace with Byzantium, which obliged them to return the territories they had taken from it.178

The Byzantine victory was completed when Emperor Heraclius defeated the Persian ruler Khosrow II in 630, recaptured Jerusalem, and regained the "True Cross" for the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.179 In the end, "the victory of the Romans" proclaimed by Allah in the Qur'an miraculously came true within the verses' stated "three to nine years" time frame.
Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an



miracle 2

The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land,


Significantly, the places where the main battles took place (in Damascus and Jerusalem) lie in a vast area of low-lying land called the Great Rift Valley. The Great Rift Valley is a huge 5,000 km fault line in the earth’s crust that runs from northern Syria in the Middle-East of Asia to central Mozambique in East Africa. The northernmost extension runs through Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordon. The rift then extends south to the Gulf of Aden, makes its way through East Africa, then finally ends at the lower Zambezi River valley in Mozambique.

An interesting fact that has been discovered recently, with the help of satellite images, is that the area around the Dead Sea (located in the Great Rift Valley) has the lowest altitude on Earth. In fact, the lowest point on Earth is the shoreline of the Dead Sea, with an altitude of around 400 meters[3] below sea level. The fact that it lies at the lowest point means that water does not drain from the sea. No land point on earth has a lower altitude than the shoreline of the Dead Sea.[4]

as only modern measuring methods and equipment can prove this fact, it would have been impossible for anyone living at that time to realise this truth. Yet, the Qur'an states clearly that this region was the "lowest land" on Earth and thereby provides further evidence that it is the Word of Allah.
Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,654,955 times
Reputation: 7720
It's hard to accept a prediction about Rome from a man who was born 100 years AFTER Rome collapsed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 12:10 PM
 
439 posts, read 482,076 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
It's hard to accept a prediction about Rome from a man who was born 100 years AFTER Rome collapsed.


you are wrong.

the prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be upon him was born in 570.
and he was 44 years when the idolatrous Persians had severely defeated Christian Byzantium in 613-14.


and notice that he also mentioned that the place where the battle took place is the lowest land .

how did he know that area is the lowest place on earth?

the answer is Allah told him.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,654,955 times
Reputation: 7720
The Byzantine Empire was an offshoot of the division of Rome into two centers of government, one still in Rome and the other in Constantinople.

But, 100 years after the fall of Rome, the Byzantines were NOT called "Roman's" any more.

Why would Mohammad call them Roman's instead of Byzantines when nobody else called them that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 13,039,288 times
Reputation: 3984
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
you are wrong.

the prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be upon him was born in 570.
and he was 44 years when the idolatrous Persians had severely defeated Christian Byzantium in 613-14.


and notice that he also mentioned that the place where the battle took place is the lowest land .

how did he know that area is the lowest place on earth?

the answer is Allah told him.
Well.........Mythologies, so it seems, are inordinately fond of making less than sensible claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
 
439 posts, read 482,076 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The Byzantine Empire was an offshoot of the division of Rome into two centers of government, one still in Rome and the other in Constantinople.

But, 100 years after the fall of Rome, the Byzantines were NOT called "Roman's" any more.

Why would Mohammad call them Roman's instead of Byzantines when nobody else called them that?

it used to be called as the Eastern Roman Empire
and the arabs call it the country of Romans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,076 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well.........Mythologies, so it seems, are inordinately fond of making less than sensible claims.
And of them is he who hearkens to you, and We have cast veils over their hearts lest they understand it and a heaviness into their ears; and even if they see every sign they will not believe in it; so much so that when they come to you they only dispute with you; those who disbelieve say: This is naught but the stories of the ancients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM
 
39,026 posts, read 10,819,276 times
Reputation: 5081
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The Byzantine Empire was an offshoot of the division of Rome into two centers of government, one still in Rome and the other in Constantinople.

But, 100 years after the fall of Rome, the Byzantines were NOT called "Roman's" any more.

Why would Mohammad call them Roman's instead of Byzantines when nobody else called them that?
Ah, well, that's how prophecy works. If it doesn't fit you say it was a metaphorical reference. One needs the assistance of faith to interpret scripture correctly. It works for Nostradamus, Bible and Quran. None of them are any more prophetic than any other.

So, have the facts been 'tweaked to fit?'

"Significantly, the places where the main battles took place (in Damascus and Jerusalem) lie in a vast area of low-lying land called the Great Rift Valley. The Great Rift Valley is a huge 5,000 km fault line in the earth’s crust that runs from northern Syria in the Middle-East of Asia to central Mozambique in East Africa. The northernmost extension runs through Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordon. The rift then extends south to the Gulf of Aden, makes its way through East Africa, then finally ends at the lower Zambezi River valley in Mozambique."

I haven't looked it up yet but I think you will find that, while the 'rift' feature indeed extends as far as stated, most of it is far from being the 'lowest land'. The lowest point as shown in the picture referring to En gedi' is not, so far as I know a place wehre any Byzantine battles were fought. So the lowest land becomes a metaphor for a feature which it does not really describe nor which is really relevant to the military history. What our quranist has done is to take an event and fish around for anything which can be made to look as though it fits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM
 
39,026 posts, read 10,819,276 times
Reputation: 5081
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
And of them is he who hearkens to you, and We have cast veils over their hearts lest they understand it and a heaviness into their ears; and even if they see every sign they will not believe in it; so much so that when they come to you they only dispute with you; those who disbelieve say: This is naught but the stories of the ancients.
The stock response of theists when their footling claims are shown up to be false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,654,955 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Ah, well, that's how prophecy works. If it doesn't fit you say it was a metaphorical reference. One needs the assistance of faith to interpret scripture correctly. It works for Nostradamus, Bible and Quran. None of them are any more prophetic than any other.

So, have the facts been 'tweaked to fit?'

"Significantly, the places where the main battles took place (in Damascus and Jerusalem) lie in a vast area of low-lying land called the Great Rift Valley. The Great Rift Valley is a huge 5,000 km fault line in the earth’s crust that runs from northern Syria in the Middle-East of Asia to central Mozambique in East Africa. The northernmost extension runs through Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordon. The rift then extends south to the Gulf of Aden, makes its way through East Africa, then finally ends at the lower Zambezi River valley in Mozambique."

I haven't looked it up yet but I think you will find that, while the 'rift' feature indeed extends as far as stated, most of it is far from being the 'lowest land'. The lowest point as shown in the picture referring to En gedi' is not, so far as I know a place wehre any Byzantine battles were fought. So the lowest land becomes a metaphor for a feature which it does not really describe nor which is really relevant to the military history. What our quranist has done is to take an event and fish around for anything which can be made to look as though it fits.
Would that "spin" be the same thing which has been done to the story of Muhammad's midnight ride to the Mosque in Jerusalem?

What the Qu'ran says is that Allah took Muhammad on a quick trip the "farthest Mosque," which at that time was in Morocco. In fact, there wasn't a Mosque in Jerusalem at all at the time because it was under the control of the Christian crusaders and there were only churches in the city. Moreover, the Al Aqsa Mosque wasn't rebuilt until about 70 years after the death of Muhammad.

But, why let facts stand in the way of a Muslim claim on Jerusalem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top