U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 03:20 AM

154 posts, read 188,221 times

Advertisements

Peace,

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

After signing up to our CD forums I had mentioned to a few brothers in faith and equally to a few non-believers I would participate in producing threads related to the way of life that is Islam. Before this - despite righteous intentions - a few fellow members of the forum felt as though the language barrier for some might be a problem when it came to lengthy explanation, in depth detail, etc. As the English language is my native tounge, this should no longer be an issue.

For my first thread i've decided to introduce to the Religion & Philosophy sub-forum a popular cable and internet show based out of Chicago - the Deen Show, hosted by a young brother with the name of Eddie. The Deen Show largely revolves the basics of Islam and is geared towards new Muslims and those interested in the faith & way of life. He's had many notable guests including Shaykh Abdur Raheem Green, Zakir Naik, Navaid Aziz, Yasir Qadhi, Nouman Ali Khan, Loon (the rapper turned Muslim), Yusuf Estes, Gerald Dirks, etc, and more.

This is the main link to the website:

The Deen Show ~ It's a way of life.

Video's can also be found here as there is a subsection for the Deen Show:

http://www.youtube.com/user/khalifahklothing

Some example video's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Me3JJAg9FA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFGOvKoIrsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j-kMfA2x8w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,405,977 times
You do realize that you are essentially proselytizing, right? Against specific rules on C-D? You don't make a point that is open for discussion or posit a question for the response of others. You'd just like us to watch a show that tells all the glorious things about your belief. This would be akin to Christians linking to the John Hagee show, or us atheists linking to some Chris Dawkins gabfest.

There's lots of opportunities here in this R&P sub-forum for good Muslim input, and you're right: the usual suspects here often can't begin to make a good point because they can't properly communicate in the forum/s usual language.

But in addition, and just in case you aren't aware, many of their posts also simply try to proselytize as to how Islam invented all modern science, how Muslim scholars and Allah knew all about the universe back then, that Allah the Illiterate knew of lasers and radar and AIDs cures and the best lunar landing sites () because he was all-seeing & all-knowing.

And the supporting evidence for this omniscience? Why, as usual, it's some hugely ambiguous phrase from your book.

So don't necessarily expect a positive response here to claims about Islam. As you must know only too well, the world right now is suffering a lot at the hands of those who proclaim Islam to be the future of mankind, and if we others don't go along with it, we'll suffer the consequences as spelled out in your rather vengeful Q'Ran. That consequence being death. Probably by beheading, if the news is any indicator.

Peace, my brother.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:42 PM

154 posts, read 188,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You do realize that you are essentially proselytizing, right?
My intention really wasn't to do so - or, at least, consciously. As I had stated my purest intention was simply to create a thread or higher quality than the previous Islamic - oriented threads.

Quote:
Against specific rules on C-D?
LOL

Quote:
You don't make a point that is open for discussion or post a question for the response of others. You'd just like us to watch a show that tells all the glorious things about your belief.
I was under the impression the video's themselves might inspire people to ask question in the long run.

Quote:
There's lots of opportunities here in this R&P sub-forum for good Muslim input, and you're right: the usual suspects here often can't begin to make a good point because they can't properly communicate in the forum/s usual language.
That's why I attempted to be as polite and respectful as possible when approaching this subject. No doubt, no doubt at all they are good brothers with lofty and honorable intentions. But, when all of your argument resides in efficient communication problems arise eventually.

Quote:
So don't necessarily expect a positive response here to claims about Islam.
I think, for the most part, i'll likely try and stick to the basics of Islam. When someone has a question that requires a more in depth, scholarly input i'll pass the question on to another web forum in which I know the individual would get a more thorough, educated response. I do this because i'm a student, a servant, a convert, etc, and to delve into subjects far above my head would be foolish and immature.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM

40,409 posts, read 26,920,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
I think, for the most part, i'll likely try and stick to the basics of Islam. When someone has a question that requires a more in depth, scholarly input i'll pass the question on to another web forum in which I know the individual would get a more thorough, educated response. I do this because i'm a student, a servant, a convert, etc, and to delve into subjects far above my head would be foolish and immature.
The basics of Islam are that it is a culturally backward, barbaric deen that has failed to progress along with the civilized world. It is uncompromising and totalitarian in focus and goals. It is anti-intellectual and anti-science embracing an ancient superstitious and culturally barbaric belief system. Any of the decent principles within it were plagiarized from Christ . . . but like mainstream Christianity it has retained all the ancient ignorance about God from Judaism. It is a force for evil in the world because too many of its practitioners are irrational radical fanatics with global reach and resources. As a scholar . . . I welcome any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam