U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 PM

439 posts, read 482,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
... As I said, please point out any unambiguous references to lasers in The Q'Ran. I'm all ears, and will be far more convinced of Islam if you do.

you are asking for a specific thing and the non believers in the era of prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be on him also asked for a specific thing and here is the answer from Allah.

And they say: We will not put faith in thee till thou cause a spring to gush forth from the earth for us;

Or thou have a garden of date-palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush forth therein abundantly;

Or thou cause the heaven to fall upon us piecemeal, as thou hast pretended, or bring Allah and the angels as a warrant;

Or thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend up into heaven, and even then we will put no faith in thine ascension till thou bring down for us a book that we can read.
Say (O Muhammad): My Lord be Glorified! Am I aught save a mortal messenger?

The Noble Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,379 times
Quote:
So Allah had his own radio telescope?

I'm thinkin' not so much! We simply adjust the signal into an audible range. It certainly did not start out there; what you "hear" is but a construct of modern Western science. As I said, please point out any unambiguous references to lasers in The Q'Ran. I'm all ears, and will be far more convinced of Islam if you do.
rifleman , i responded to your post when you talked in scientific and logical way , so please enough mocking with me

what i'm thinking is that scientists discovered theses pulstars and recognized it by these radio signals and by these voice "knocking voice"

read with me this fact carefully

Pulsars were first identified by Jocelyn Bell, an Irish post graduate student at Cambridge University, in 1967. Anthony Hewish, Bell's supervisor built a radio telescope to detect rapid variations of faint signals. Detailed examinations of the signal showed that the rapid set of pulses with one pulse every 1.3373011 seconds. Later Bell identified three other sources confirming these pulsating radio sources were concentrated along the plane of our Milky Way Galaxy. Rotating neutron stars are identified as the source of these regularly pulsating signals with only 300 pulsars discovered so far. Bell wrote LGM beside the signal trace implying Little Green Men were trying to contact Earth.

Read more at Suite101: Quasars, Pulsars and Black Holes (http://www.suite101.com/content/quasars-pulsars-and-black-holes-a297458#ixzz1Efg7ztaX - broken link) Quasars, Pulsars and Black Holes (http://www.suite101.com/content/quasars-pulsars-and-black-holes-a297458#ixzz1Efg7ztaX - broken link)

so the the sequence of dicovery was in this order , firstly they heared regular pulse/voice then finally they discovered the source of it

read the verses of quran in this context you will find out as if quran inform them that the source of these voice is the stars which make holes or as if quran describe the star which make hole by saying it's the one which you hear it's knoking voice in your telescope

for me , it perfectly fit the scientific facts and discoveries and tools of dicovery , and i don't need to convince you with anything , i just inform you why i personally convinced , it's not blind beliefs for me , i have my scientific and logic reasons also

Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 AM

6,839 posts, read 7,903,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
According to that if i can get away from the low then i can do what ever i want to do because god won't damn me yhoooooooooooooo
If i shall have no fear from god's punishment then i can do anything .
There is no police presence here & when i die i won't go to hell because i am gods child ... what more can i ask for !!
I am robbing my neighbour tonight thank you ditchlights
HAAAALOYA
Radical muslims DO do anything they want, and they believe they will get virgins in their version of heaven. You have nothing to fear from "your" God if it is an act of martyrdom for Allah. So you are right.

The fundamental Christian believes that you will perish forever. At least I believe that you still stand a chance in the afterlife. Yet you mock me.

Have it your way. And I, the infidel, will have it mine.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:51 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,379,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
you are asking for a specific thing and the non believers in the era of prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be on him also asked for a specific thing and here is the answer from Allah.

etc etc
Not correct, finalmessage. You, not I, provided a specific thing as proof of Allah, when in fact this "knocking sound" is just another physical phenomenon in the universe. You've mis-interpreted it here as a specific thing, a knocking could which in fact was not "hearable" when the prophet Mohammed was around.

So, you are absolutely pointing to the Q'Ran yourself, and saying it mentions a specific knocking sound that doesn't actually exist in nature. I simply asked for the reference to one of the most prolific scientific finds of all time: the laser.

(I will bet you there are, right now, Muslim readers desperately trying to fit a passage from the Q'Ran to the idea of wavelength-coherent light. As we speak!)

We are often treated to claims that the Q'Ran presaged (spoke of before their time) many of modern Western science's discoveries. This is another example of Muslims taking those specific modern accomplishments and tying them to a very ambiguous, vague and unrelated phrase in the Q'Ran. Then we're told, again in reference to a specific thing, that this is absolute proof of Allah, and the wonderful Q'Ran.

Which it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
rifleman , i responded to your post when you talked in scientific and logical way , so please enough mocking with me

what i'm thinking is that scientists discovered theses pulstars and recognized it by these radio signals and by these voice "knocking voice"

read with me this fact carefully

etc etc.

so the the sequence of dicovery was in this order , firstly they heared regular pulse/voice then finally they discovered the source of it
And so what? This is often the case. Bell discovered the sound by using an advanced radio telescope, and then they found out the source. So? Mohammed's Q'Ran is not talking about radio pulsars. They would have to have had access to such a specific wavelength radio-telescope. Simple.

http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_im...arp.750pix.jpg

Tomorrow, some Western scientist may well discover some new enzyme, organism or other phenomenon, and then they will increase their understanding of it by standard follow-up science. This does not mean the Q'Ran is responsible for all discoveries. You delude yourself, but still I do not mock anyone.

Quote:
read the verses of quran in this context you will find out as if quran inform them that the source of these voice is the stars which make holes or as if quran describe the star which make hole by saying it's the one which you hear it's knoking voice in your telescope

for me , it perfectly fit the scientific facts and discoveries and tools of dicovery , and i don't need to convince you with anything , i just inform you why i personally convinced , it's not blind beliefs for me , i have my scientific and logic reasons also
Oh well. Again, an incorrect interpretation. No-one back in the days of Mohammed ever heard an audible "knocking sound" from the star, simply an inaudible radio frequency pulse that their electronics down-verted into audible tones. No-one in Allah's time even knew about EM radiation, radios, telescopes, or any of it.

You reverse the logical order of discovery here. You are taking a modern fact and assuming an ancient and ambiguous phrase confirms it. So, again, I'm asking you to show us all the description of another specific thing, which is easily visible to the naked eye. A laser. Used in medicine, discovery, moon landings, war, archeological dating, music, and well, you name it! The most prolific and useful scientific discovery of the latest centuries. Should be an easy quest for the wonderful Q'Ran.

You are being fanciful in your interpretation. I'm simply correcting your errors, not mocking you.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,379 times
Quote:

And so what? This is often the case. Bell discovered the sound by using an advanced radio telescope, and then they found out the source. So? Mohammed's Q'Ran is not talking about radio pulsars. They would have to have had access to such a specific wavelength radio-telescope. Simple.

http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_im...arp.750pix.jpg
you are right
so may can i say that quran refered to the sound which bell discoverd lately using an advanced radio telescope
and you are right that it's impossible for any human to talking about radio pulsars because the human would need telescope
God don't need telescope , that's why we believe that quran is really his words

Quote:
Tomorrow, some Western scientist may well discover some new enzyme, organism or other phenomenon, and then they will increase their understanding of it by standard follow-up science. This does not mean the Q'Ran is responsible for all discoveries. You delude yourself, but still I do not mock anyone.
i agree with you
and i don't think that any muslims in this thread said that quran is responsible for all discoveries , or even responsible for this one

Quote:
Oh well. Again, an incorrect interpretation. No-one back in the days of Mohammed ever heard an audible "knocking sound" from the star, simply an inaudible radio frequency pulse that their electronics down-verted into audible tones. No-one in Allah's time even knew about EM radiation, radios, telescopes, or any of it.
i agree

Quote:
You reverse the logical order of discovery here. You are taking a modern fact and assuming an ancient and ambiguous phrase confirms it.
it's very logical order for me , specially when i read this verse

We will show them Our signs in the universe and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that This (Quran) is the truth". [Holy Quran: 41:53]

Quote:
So, again, I'm asking you to show us all the description of another specific thing, which is easily visible to the naked eye. A laser. Used in medicine, discovery, moon landings, war, archeological dating, music, and well, you name it! The most prolific and useful scientific discovery of the latest centuries. Should be an easy quest for the wonderful Q'Ran.
congratulation
you can now deny quran for a logical reasons (laser not involved in it's pages )

Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 PM

439 posts, read 482,547 times
Quote:
.... you can now deny quran for a logical reasons (laser not involved in it's pages )
very impressive logic.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,654,596 times

By the heavens and The Knocker.
How will you comprehend what the The Knocker is?
Itís a piercing star. . The Noble Quran.

here Allah swear by the sky and by the knocker

but what is knocker

the answer is from Allah in the next verse that the knocker is a piercing star.

piercing is the translation for the arabic word ثاقب that pronounce as Thaqib

and the word Thaqib can have many meanings

1- the thing that makes hole
2- shine
3- acute
4- lighting
5- firing

it does as lighting a matchstick

see the similarity between matchstick when it is lit and the Pulsar light
also a sound like knocking can be caught from the pulsar

do you still think that there are no relation at all between the verses and the Pulsar ?

that is one of the scientific signs in the Quran

Pulsar

Old 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM

762 posts, read 988,712 times
I will get back to you on this one...but I'm doubtful..

Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM

1,883 posts, read 1,654,596 times
Because The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) was the final prophet his miracle had to be continuous and immortal, this immortal miracle is the holy Quran itself

One of the scientific signs mentioned in the holy Quran is the piercing star.The Piercing Star and Black holes

Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 AM

762 posts, read 988,712 times
There are no miracles attributed to Mohammed. performing miracles is in order to give proof of the authenticity of message of God that it proceeds in fact from the Creator of the universe.

A miracle is an act that cannot be performed by the aid of learning and practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam