U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Do you think Muslim countries will be able to handle democracy?

At this moment, many of the Muslim countries are over-throwing their dictators. Do you think these countries will be able to establish democracies like the Western countries or will they just become new authoritarian regimes like Iran?

Democracy is a very messy system, but at least the people have a chance to elect leaders that represent them. However, in a democratic government, we have to be able to work with people who do not agree with us.

Muslims are used to being with people who all pray alike and who all think alike. With a mindset like that, it may be very hard to establish a democratic government.

I heard one Egyptian say, "The Americans get to choose a new leader every four years. Why can't we do that?"

It is because we have a democracy and Egypt does not.
offcourse we can , why you think we can't ?
no one choose or like to live under control of dectators

we will have democracy as the west , the revolution happened for this purpose , and we succeeded because we were honest and convinced with nesessity of these needs

but i'm interrested to talking about the concept of democracy in your view
the red statment in the quote confusing me , because in my logic , if all people are alike in their prayer and in thier thinking then the democracy will be easier not harder as you suggest ?

democracy for me is the decesion of mjority , and if majorty are in harmony , it will be easier to make deciesion in democratic way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I actually have a question to ask you. I normally don't entertain people of other religions and belief systems because I don't have time for the blazy-blah and the arguments. But I have inquired once or twice a few things about the Islamic religion.

1. Why do you guys bow your heads to ground? I've always thought it was a huge contrast to Christians when we bow our heads, but pray upward. You guys do it downward. Not to sound self righteous but if I wasn't naive, I would say it seems like your bowing down to someone in the ground.
we pray to God upward and downward , but pryaing to God downward help us spiritually to feel more closer to him and more focused ,
by the way most of prophets in the bible bowed thier heads to ground while praying to God , jesus and mosas (pbut) involved
Quote:
2. Why do it say in the Quran to kill any unbeliever?
within the context of the verses , quran dosn't say that

Quote:
3. Do you believe the Quran has powers? I have never touched a Quran in fear of getting a curse or something similar.
the power of truth ( from our point of view ) , not majical power or something , you can touch it without fear .

Quote:
4. Why does the Quaran say that you can beat your wife?
if you need to know the teaching of quran with regard to treatment of women , then please you have to know firstly the statues of women pre_islam , then what is teaching of islam about this issue in general .
then after you know the genral situation and the core teaching , you can dicuss this verse to understand it's correct interpretation
don't start by it because this vese is talking about very critical situations .

briefly , if you think that quran generally say that one can beat his wife , then you are misinformed

Old 02-26-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
ya>> but can woman be in charge of a man in islam..??? can a woman beat her husband if he is bad in islam..???

it's obligatory upon men to be the charger , and women not prohibited to be the charger

if the husband is bad , then i can't imagine what this man may do for his wife if she beated him or even insulted him
i just hope you will not condemn islam ( as for he is allready bad person )
bad man may do horrible things to his wife if she beated him ( no mattar what his relegion is ) sound of nature will be the speaker in such situations
and i don't think that it will be wisdom to allow a a wife beating her husband under any consequences (sound of nature speaking again) . specially if he is bad person

as for the unjust husband , God recommend the woman to be patient , beside he gave her the permission to divorce from her husband in islam .

cruxan , you always follow the sound of logic
and you should know that physically the man is differ than the woman , and consequently the laws of treatment can't to be the same , we need a wisdom

Old 02-26-2011, 02:28 AM

8,770 posts, read 4,442,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
offcourse we can , why you think we can't ?
no one choose or like to live under control of dectators

we will have democracy as the west , the revolution happened for this purpose , and we succeeded because we were honest and convinced with nesessity of these needs

but i'm interrested to talking about the concept of democracy in your view
the red statment in the quote confusing me , because in my logic , if all people are alike in their prayer and in thier thinking then the democracy will be easier not harder as you suggest ?

democracy for me is the decesion of mjority , and if majorty are in harmony , it will be easier to make deciesion in democratic way
Yet will the majority uphold the minority view in issues, complaints and fixes for common problems they may have to endure?

It isn't the big people that have the problem with getting their voice heard. It is the little people, whose voice that is different from the majority, that is muffled within the crowds. Who will hear them? Will they too, get, "representation" and if so, who will be appointed to them? (if the east is going to do this like the west, western law books are a useful tool)

Also, if the little person knows of a wrong doing, many times there are ways, that voice, is never heard.

It has been said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end". It has also been said, that the full circle of life is death. The earth is alive and it too will one day die. The earth will pass away.

My question: Why do we fight and kill people for land that will one day pass away and be gone? Just seems like an oxymoron to me.

There use to be dinosaurs here and they are no longer here---they all passed away. One day, it will be the same for modern humans as well....

So--are we just trying to speed up the process or what?

Ethics, this world could use some.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:33 AM

8,770 posts, read 4,442,494 times
Quote:
it's obligatory upon men to be the charger , and women not prohibited to be the charger

if the husband is bad , then i can't imagine what this man may do for his wife if she beated him or even insulted him
i just hope you will not condemn islam ( as for he is allready bad person )
bad man may do horrible things to his wife if she beated him ( no mattar what his relegion is ) sound of nature will be the speaker in such situations
and i don't think that it will be wisdom to allow a a wife beating her husband under any consequences (sound of nature speaking again) . specially if he is bad person

as for the unjust husband , God recommend the woman to be patient , beside he gave her the permission to divorce from her husband in islam .

cruxan , you always follow the sound of logic
and you should know that physically the man is differ than the woman , and consequently the laws of treatment can't to be the same , we need a wisdom
Stop hitting one to the other and respect each others space---there's the wisdom.

If it could only be shown that a person who did not hit, no matter what, was great with honor---there would be far less broken bones and bruises, don't ya think?

Old 02-26-2011, 08:42 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,114,951 times
Quote:
Hi Elwill, nice to have you back.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of political system develops in Egypt.

After our Revolutionary War was over in 1783, we struggled for a few years until we adopted our Constitution in 1787. After it was signed, someone asked Ben Franklin (one of our important leaders) what kind of government we were going to have.

Franklin said, "A republic, if you can keep it."

We all hope Egypt will adopt a system that serves your people in the best way.

Are there any majority Islamic countries that have a system that you admire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or