U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,663 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Al-Qaeda has launched a women's magazine that mixes beauty and fashion tips with advice on suicide bombings.

Dubbed 'Jihad Cosmo', the glossy magazine's front cover features the barrel of a sub-machine gun next to a picture a woman in a veil.

There are exclusive interviews with martyrs' wives, who praise their husbands' decisions to die in suicide attacks.

The slick, 31-page Al-Shamikha magazine - meaning The Majestic Woman - has advice for singletons on 'marrying a mujahideen'.

Readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujahideen ready for jihad.

Read more: Glossy 'Jihad Cosmo' combines beauty tips with suicide bombing advice | Mail Online


Just some more bad muslims?
o wow how suprising, u got a picture of a book on suicide bombings from a known terrorist group... who would have thought... too bad its still not the quran and u still havent provided evidence from the source. do i need to start getting pictures and names of books that say that suicide bombings is not part of islam? i see that your really into seeing only what you want to see... and avoiding the truth...that being its not part of islam and that being you got a book on suicide bombings from a terrorist group... nice "evidence" to support your claim...

your completely avoiding to provide proof of where it says any of this in the quran or sunnah. if its not in the quran or sunnah its not part of the religion. your avoiding giving any evidence because you have no argument... if a muslim kills someone or rapes someone... god forbid... thats horrible but no one told them to do that. god didnt. the quran and sunnah didnt... they just did it because they chose to do it and they chose to turn their back on their religion when they did so because islam does not promote that... let me see if i have a pen so i can write all that on a picket sign or better yet let me just go take a bunch of pictures of muslims doing alot of good things and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize that pictures prove nothing. what people do proves nothing because i can find pictures of muslims doing good and bad things... its the source you have to go to...

Last edited by sukrill; 03-15-2011 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,320,343 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
-snip-
See my reply to you in the other thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 03:02 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,343,010 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
so you have pics of some muslims holding some picket signs saying "kill those who insult islam"... but like i said before so what, the religion does not teach that.
"Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be put to death. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an, or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Qur'anic basis for it."
TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Killing Those Who Insult Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,508,483 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
"Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be put to death. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an, or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Qur'anic basis for it."
TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Killing Those Who Insult Islam
What if you get away with it? What if you commit blasphemy against prophecies of Mohammed or any of the other prophets? We don't really have less of our input on the whole mechanism of the modern world, e.g., Bill Gates, or, let's say, Charlie Sheen. Is this a rule of thumb for the religious life, or a deliberate issue for considering the consequential reputation of the influential individual?

Should we, as alive for a kind of mission of converting people to the better life, merely take it into heart to tolerate and possibly LOVE our enemies, or stand like sentinels in defense of the faith of our already close ONES? Finally, all this putting to death, is this some amazingly cynical view of human nature which I believe comes more from American cynicism over how to approach anyone's calling in Life for "putting others above yourself".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Oregon
3,066 posts, read 3,047,864 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minahel.Fatima View Post
Well thee is only on ALLAH people believe or not bel.ieve on this. ALLAH has shown his miracle through his books Quran which he send it on his prophets to preach it in people and tell them about truth.
RESPONSE:

Gee! That's a lot like the Bible or the Book of Mormon, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,373,844 times
Reputation: 3735
Default Fail!

Back to the OP's point: your initial point was that the attached video "proves" the scientific "accumen" of the Q'Ran.

It does nothing of the sort, only appealing to the already convinced. Your effort at convincing us of the great scientific accomplishments of Islam fails again and as usual. Sorry: you'll have to do much better than that. Like show us something of a more modern nature. You know, like...

1) an Islamic contribution to the International Space Station, rocket engine technology, GPS, etc.;

2) an Islamic Nobel Prize winner in science or medicine;

3) an advanced vehicle, plane or ship that was engineered, tested and put into production in the Islamic ME;

4) architecture not stolen from or provided to any ME country by Russia, China or the West.

5) even weapons technology that was not, ditto, stolen from the west. Else, you'd all be out there absent the ubiquitous AK or Scuds, with some sharpened sticks and, oh yeah, really insulting placards...

(I tremble in my bed at night..)


6) something, anything, as entrepreneurial as, say, Apple Corporation (the Mac computer folks, FYI). The new Mohammed-phone perhaps? The M-Pad?

Fortunately for the backwards and half-starved ME, Captain Oh-rawhnce's original guidance, plus the British and the Dutch investments in oil exploration and refineries out in the desert sands, and then the arrival of American wealth and consumer demand, you've been dragged, literally, out of the smothering sand dunes of history.

Unfortunately, like kids with too large an allowance, your countries and rulers have squandered the profits on wild excesses, the highest accumulation of Rolls Royces, Ferraris, etc. of any country with paved roads, and yet, the highest levels of illiteracy of any country. and hand in hand with that, the highest (and growing) membership in your chosen religion, one that essentially celebrates illiteracy and blind allegiance. Goody for your side!

And so from this, you claim to be "proud" of some mis-claimed scientific accomplishments?

Get a grip, son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,355 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
.... Your effort at convincing us of the great scientific accomplishments of Islam fails again and as usual. Sorry: you'll have to do much better than that. Like show us something of a more modern nature. You know, like...

The main purpose of displaying the scientific miracle in the Quran is to show proofs that the Quran is the Word of Allah.

And not to show that the Muslim culture was more scientifically and mathematically advanced than Western culture up until the Middle Ages.

And the scientific facts in the Quran are not from Muslims but they are from Allah.

The Quran is a book and in it you can read that the disbelievers will go to Hell .

And no one would care for this warning if he does not believe that the Quran is from the one who created him and these scientific facts in the Quran might help those who have desire to find the correct path.

the quran is not a scientific book .

your angle of view to the scientific facts in the Quran is not the correct angle.

here are another 7 Quran Challenges for Science


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSahOrtT7MY

Last edited by finalmessage; 03-17-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Oregon
3,066 posts, read 3,047,864 times
Reputation: 258
finalmessage posted:

>>The Quran is a book and in it you can read that the disbelievers will go to Hell <<

RESPONSE:

Yep! That ought to keep the troops in line.

My friend Ralph is going to include the same claim in the book he feels inspired to write establishing his own new religion.

Do you think all the readers will believe him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:08 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,320,343 times
Reputation: 1786
Default Science Mo did not know about

One example was when some people came to Muhammad and asked him about the phases of the moon.

يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْأَهِلَّةِ

“They ask you concerning the phases of the moon..." (2:189)

This question is just begging for a Scientific Miracle to be revealed.

For example God could have said something like:

"The Moon rotates around the Earth and both rotate around the Sun - as they do, the Sun illuminates the Earth and the Moon. The part of the moon facing the sun is lit up while the part facing away from the sun is in darkness. The revolution of the Moon around the Earth makes the Moon appear as if it is changing shape in the sky. From Earth it looks like the Moon grows from a thin crescent to a full disk (or full moon) and then shrink back to a thin crescent again before becoming completely dark so that we can't see it."

Instead the Qur'an says:

قُلْ هِيَ مَوَاقِيتُ لِلنَّاسِ وَالْحَجِّ

“...Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in (the affairs of) men, and for Pilgrimage.” (2:189)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
finalmessage posted:

>>The Quran is a book and in it you can read that the disbelievers will go to Hell <<

RESPONSE:

Yep! That ought to keep the troops in line.

My friend Ralph is going to include the same claim in the book he feels inspired to write establishing his own new religion.

Do you think all the readers will believe him?
They'd better, or you know where they're going to wind up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top