U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM
 
439 posts, read 482,547 times
Reputation: 31

Advertisements

the quran has many reference to scientific facts .

and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah and Allah is the only god.

and here are seven facts may be one would unlock some hearts to accept the truth.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DYJfg_o4A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
 
18 posts, read 20,834 times
Reputation: 10
Well thee is only on ALLAH people believe or not bel.ieve on this. ALLAH has shown his miracle through his books Quran which he send it on his prophets to preach it in people and tell them about truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,323,385 times
Reputation: 1786
What truth? What science? Like the moon being split in two?

You are dreaming.

For a people that claim superior scientific acumen from their religion, they sure are pretty backward for the requirement that their men do not shave, their women must dress up like moving cloaked objects just so that their men do not lust after them, that they need to behead and mutilate humans for petty crimes, that it is OK for religious police to prevent 15 girls escaping a fire because they did not have themselves covered up, that women are stoned for getting raped because they made the perpetrator lust, that women are half buried then stoned to death.

Yeah that really sounds like a religion that is scientifically enlightened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,927 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
What truth? What science? Like the moon being split in two?

You are dreaming.

For a people that claim superior scientific acumen from their religion, they sure are pretty backward for the requirement that their men do not shave, their women must dress up like moving cloaked objects just so that their men do not lust after them, that they need to behead and mutilate humans for petty crimes, that it is OK for religious police to prevent 15 girls escaping a fire because they did not have themselves covered up, that women are stoned for getting raped because they made the perpetrator lust, that women are half buried then stoned to death.

Yeah that really sounds like a religion that is scientifically enlightened.
making the same claims in multiple forums... its not a legit argument...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,323,385 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
making the same claims in multiple forums... its not a legit argument...
It is. Your religion of peace and advanced scientific acumen is a joke. The followers of your religion in the ME are barbaric.

You cannot hide or pretend that this does not happen OR simply say these are bad people. I am not even talking of terrorism here. It is what you do to your own people that disgusts me.

Only someone backwards and denied exposure to other points of view will buy into the sham of islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 AM
 
397 posts, read 534,927 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
It is. Your religion of peace and advanced scientific acumen is a joke. The followers of your religion in the ME are barbaric.

You cannot hide or pretend that this does not happen OR simply say these are bad people. I am not even talking of terrorism here. It is what you do to your own people that disgusts me.

Only someone backwards and denied exposure to other points of view will buy into the sham of islam
your argument is a joke...

the people in whats considered the holiest ground to us, ie mecca, means that everyone around it is supposed to be the holiest of the muslims....? what kind of argument is that? the location does not have anything to do with it and some of the most knowledgeable scholars dont live there and THESE are what you should consider the holiest people in islam... not just because of where they live..

and i dont "pretend" that bad things dont happen to good people, i dont "simply say" they are just bad people. I say don't judge the religion by the people who claim to be muslim because if a "muslim" drinks alcohol inside mecca... that doesnt make it part of islam and it doesnt make him the holiest person. just because someone says they are muslim does not make everything they do thats wrong part of the entire religion... they are not following the religion when they do these killings of innocent people and rape, etc. theres evil people in atheism too, that kill and murder and rape but you dont see me running around claiming its part of what ALL of them as a WHOLE practice....

thats ignorant. your judging an entire society by the actions of a few people but take the actions of the other 2 billion muslims that would not say what theyre doing is ok. your selecting a few hundred or thousand out of an entire religion and saying its part of what we practice... get real and use common sense. thats not a legit argument and its really close minded of you if you continue saying that its part of islam. REALLY ignorant and close minded statements. open your mind and eyes and see that you have no argument against islam. you just have an argument against what some so called 'muslims' are doing overseas in which over a billion muslims would agree what theyre doing is not right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,323,385 times
Reputation: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
your argument is a joke...

the people in whats considered the holiest ground to us, ie mecca, means that everyone around it is supposed to be the holiest of the muslims....? what kind of argument is that? the location does not have anything to do with it and some of the most knowledgeable scholars dont live there and THESE are what you should consider the holiest people in islam... not just because of where they live..
There is nothing to consider, see pic below, these are EU muslims.
Quote:
and i dont "pretend" that bad things dont happen to good people, i dont "simply say" they are just bad people. I say don't judge the religion by the people who claim to be muslim because if a "muslim" drinks alcohol inside mecca... that doesnt make it part of islam and it doesnt make him the holiest person. just because someone says they are muslim does not make everything they do thats wrong part of the entire religion... they are not following the religion when they do these killings of innocent people and rape, etc. theres evil people in atheism too, that kill and murder and rape but you dont see me running around claiming its part of what ALL of them as a WHOLE practice....
What evil atheists? If an atheist commits a crime it is his/her own doing w/o some prompting from an ancient holy book or invisible entity. Your comparison is pathetic.
Quote:
thats ignorant. your judging an entire society by the actions of a few people but take the actions of the other 2 billion muslims that would not say what theyre doing is ok. your selecting a few hundred or thousand out of an entire religion and saying its part of what we practice... get real and use common sense. thats not a legit argument and its really close minded of you if you continue saying that its part of islam. REALLY ignorant and close minded statements. open your mind and eyes and see that you have no argument against islam. you just have an argument against what some so called 'muslims' are doing overseas in which over a billion muslims would agree what theyre doing is not right...
Then why are they not up in arms about it? Oh I know, they dare not speak out against it for fear of reprisal. Your ad numerum appeal does not fly.

EU muslim scientists enlightening the western word


African muslim scientists showing the village how to deal with adultery of another muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,323,385 times
Reputation: 1786
Default More British muslim scientific advice

Al-Qaeda has launched a women's magazine that mixes beauty and fashion tips with advice on suicide bombings.

Dubbed 'Jihad Cosmo', the glossy magazine's front cover features the barrel of a sub-machine gun next to a picture a woman in a veil.

There are exclusive interviews with martyrs' wives, who praise their husbands' decisions to die in suicide attacks.

The slick, 31-page Al-Shamikha magazine - meaning The Majestic Woman - has advice for singletons on 'marrying a mujahideen'.

Readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujahideen ready for jihad.

Read more: Glossy 'Jihad Cosmo' combines beauty tips with suicide bombing advice | Mail Online


Just some more bad muslims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,550,430 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the quran has many reference to scientific facts .

and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah and Allah is the only god.

Those two sentences have absolutely nothing to do with one another. And, as you always do in every thread you start, you're using Quran to "prove" Quran, which is a pretty poor way to make a case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,927 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
There is nothing to consider, see pic below, these are EU muslims.

What evil atheists? If an atheist commits a crime it is his/her own doing w/o some prompting from an ancient holy book or invisible entity. Your comparison is pathetic.

Then why are they not up in arms about it? Oh I know, they dare not speak out against it for fear of reprisal. Your ad numerum appeal does not fly.

EU muslim scientists enlightening the western word


African muslim scientists showing the village how to deal with adultery of another muslim.
so you have pics of some muslims holding some picket signs saying "kill those who insult islam"... but like i said before so what, the religion does not teach that. you wont find "kill those who insult islam" in the quran. therefore, point blank it doesnt matter who says this or that or what people do. if its not in the book its not part of the religion. your having the hardest time seeing that difference. people do not prove the religion, the quran and sunnah prove the religion. if i get a group of muslims that have signs that say terrorism is not islam what will you then agree...



o what? i thought you believed everything that muslims put on picket signs?... now you dont? i thought your proof was what muslims write on these picket signs?... your going to change your story now?... you have some other "proof" now that has nothing to do with the religion but more bad people?...



islam means peace.. since its on a picket sign and muslims are holding them i thought itd be extremely clear to you now, who would have thought that all it took was some muslims holding some picket signs to convince you, i should have done this a long time ago...

ya your right theres no such thing as bad atheist. atheist dont do anything bad especially talk down on other peoples beliefs and imply that an entire religion of people are all rapist and murderers... no your right cause you would never do that right?... give me a break... theres all types of evil people no matter religious or non religious... evil is not a religious term either if thats what your implying when you say "prompting from an ancient holy book or invisible entity"... you sitting here trying to say that you have something to prove is pathetic.... you just have pictures of a bunch of bad muslims that are not practicing the religion of islam properly and making people like you think they know something about islam... i know what i know from the quran and sunnah... you know only what has been on tv or read on the internet... o ya and seen on pictures... almost forgot that one...

Last edited by sukrill; 03-15-2011 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top