Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times

Advertisements

The pastor who burned the Quran is a total jackass who feels no guilt about the UN workers who were killed in Afghanistan, but the scenes of those Muslim mobs demonstrating violently for a second day, simply because an idiot in Florida with a very small congregation burned a copy of their "holy" book, really makes me happy to be an atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 PM

439 posts, read 554,703 times
Say: Shall I seek another than Allah for Lord, when He is Lord of all things? Each soul earneth only on its own account, nor doth any laden bear another's load. Then unto your Lord is your return and He will tell you that wherein ye differed. The noble Quran

Old 04-02-2011, 11:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,470,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The thing is most Christians no longer follow their book, at least not literally, whereas many Muslims follow theirs to the letter.
They follow their interpretation, they use it like a swiss army knife, folding out which ever tool fits their current agenda.

While I know much less about muslims, I suspect they are much the same, after all there are the peaceful moderate ones, and the hate filled fringe, again all from one book, so they must also practice very free interpretations to suit their agenda.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:12 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,480 times
The only "religion of peace" respondent cites a verse from their holy book?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:25 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Say: Shall I seek another than Allah for Lord, when He is Lord of all things? Each soul earneth only on its own account, nor doth any laden bear another's load. Then unto your Lord is your return and He will tell you that wherein ye differed. The noble Quran
Is this the best response to the OP that you can come up with? How do you, as a Muslim feel about the violence and killings committed following news of the moronic pastor that burned the Quran? Do you think it is justified or not?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,261,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Two Christians killed, churches burned: extremists respond to Florida Koran burning. PAKISTAN - UNITED STATES Two Christians killed, churches burned: extremists respond to Florida Koran burning - Asia News

Thousands of Islamic extremists have gone on the rampage in Ethiopia burning dozens of churches and the homes of Christians, according to Compass Direct News. Islamic extremists burn churches in Ethiopia | Christian News on Christian Today

I have searched the news and have not found a single Muslim condemning these actions, but many condemning the Florida pastor, including a call for his death...

I'm still waiting patiently for a response from the Muslims on this forum.
i condemn the terrorism and extremists
all muslims condemns islamic extremists in general as every one condemns extremists of every relegion

extrmist acts not justified by anyone

Indonesia Muslims Condemn Church Attacks - Asia-Pacific - News - OnIslam.net

Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i condemn the terrorism and extremists
all muslims condemns islamic extremists in general as every one condemns extremists of every relegion

extrmist acts not justified by anyone

Indonesia Muslims Condemn Church Attacks - Asia-Pacific - News - OnIslam.net
Very nice, but your link does not address the violence in response to the Quran burning...So far I have not seen any condemnation of these acts by any Muslim organization, but I've seen lots that condemn the act of Terry Jones.

So far my search for this condemnation has turned up nothing...Your fellow peaceful Muslims are eerily quiet.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Where is the outrage over the burning of the book? I think we saw it manifested already.

Terry Jones sees no problem with having done so...I wonder if he'd be as dismissive if someone burned a Bible in front of him. Or if he would turn violent in response.

If he did, should he be condemned for doing so? Moderator cut: Inappropriate language

Last edited by june 7th; 04-03-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-03-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Where is the outrage over the burning of the book? I think we saw it manifested already.

Terry Jones sees no problem with having done so...I wonder if he'd be as dismissive if someone burned a Bible in front of him. Or if he would turn violent in response.

If he did, should he be condemned for doing so? Moderator cut: Orphaned
Terry Jones has certainly been condemned...Read the news...Call my momma whatever you want...Don't worry I won't hit you...Calling someone a name does not give anyone an excuse for violence...I learned that in kindergarten....Were you absent that day?

Are you trying to equate the burning of a book with the taking of lives and be-headings?

Last edited by june 7th; 04-03-2011 at 02:06 PM..

Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Yes, it does give the excuse for violence, and I wouldn't condemn anyone who became violent in response to being PROVOKED. I will condemn the person doing the provoking though.

I've also found that violence is a very good solution, through my own life experiences. It only takes one good beating for people to leave you alone as you asked them to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam