Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 AM

241 posts, read 474,510 times

Advertisements

I need your oppinion at the end

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
I think that's a fairly good cartoon.

Of course, it over simplifies many of the issues, (particularly having to do with Israel) and I'm not sure I know of a university because she wore a hijib.

But over all you make a good point.

1 rep point to you.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:11 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
I need your oppinion at the end

Because there has been much violence in the name of Islam. Terror is all done by Muslims. I have not see any terror carried out by any other group lately, have you? NO you haven't. The world lives in fear waiting for the next big terror attack. Muslims do not care about collateral damage. The twin Towers can attest to that. 3000 innocent people killed. Yet they were a specific and planned target.

Because there is a push for Sharia in countries where the Muslims are gaining a foothold.

Because there is a hatred in Islam of Jews, and Christians, and atheists.

Because in the middle east there is incitement to violence and training of children to kill Jews. The incitement is the same kind in pre WW2 Germany. Not all Jews live in Israel, or always support Israel's policies. Many support policies of peace and hope one day for a 2 state solution and peace in the middle east. There are Jews who work along side Muslims for peace in the middle east.

Because of a belief in world domination of Islam and the inability of Muslims to integrate into their adoptive countries.

Because anytime they feel their prophet has been insulted they become violent and kill people.

Because they back terrorist groups like Hamas and Hesbollah. Because if they didn't these groups would not be able to survive. Hamas continues to shoot rockets into Southern Israel into civilian areas.

Because they continue to join Al Qaidah.

Because Islam does not permit education of women in many countries, and women are forced into marriages or killed for family honor.

I do not see peaceful behavior in any of this and I don't see Muslims rising up against this. All I see is folks like you playing the victim and turning your back on all of these activities like they do not exist.

Muslims are not the victims, in many ways they are the victimizers here.

Moderate Muslims need to rise up and clean their house and then they will have respect because we will no longer fear the violent side of Islam.

I fear an Islamic world and what it would look like and everyone else ought to also.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 12-26-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 12-26-2010, 10:12 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Why Muslims? Because people are scared about what they don't know. They can't understand how anyone would choose to live in a different manner than they do (ie. hijabs) and they fall for media sensationalism. Just wait for the people clamoring about how moderate Muslims condone terrorism because they do not condemn it no matter how many times we point out where Muslims have condemned acts of terrorism, violence, and extremism.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:35 PM

122 posts, read 143,243 times
You made a really good point here by these pictures.I think it is because of the media.Most people have been spoon fed,therefore,they had a bad picture of all muslims and they made a conclusion based on the media and some Muslims around the world.If they read more about Islam and asked the right people,the issue wouldn't even be there.Thankx for the thread.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:54 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
In the western world, women, mothers and students have a choice.....muslim women are told what to wear, denied the opportunity to have jobs, and murdered by their fathers and brothers if they don't adhere to strict rules of behavior. The koran is not holy and it offers no solutions, only evil. Muslims are considered terrorists because they attack innocents on a regular basis. They kill each other in market places, schools, hospitals and buses.......not on battlefields against an armed enemy....just against women and children. Newspapers report the news and are respected, the koran tells lies and have earned no respect. If you are a muslim, you have declared yourself to be my enemy. Your goofy so called holy book says so. Jews will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Hindu's will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not.Christians will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Pagans will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Heathens will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Buddhists will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Shintoes will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not.All have joined the 21st Century......Muslims have not.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM

271 posts, read 355,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
In the western world, women, mothers and students have a choice.....muslim women are told what to wear, denied jobs, and murdered by their fathers and brothers if they don't adhere to strict rules of behavior. The koran is not holy and it offers no solutions, only evil. Muslims are considered terrorists because they attack innocents on a regular basis. They kill each other in market places, schools, hospitals and busses.......not on battlefields against an armed enemy. Newspapers report the news and are respected, the koran tells lies and have earned no respect. If you are a muslim, you have declared yourself to be my enemy. Your goofy so called holy book says so. Jews will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Hindu's will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not.Christians will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Pagans will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Heathans will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Buddhists will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not. Shintoes will let me believe what I want. Muslims will not.All have joined the 21st Century......Muslims have not.
Ignorance and hate are so evident here

Old 12-26-2010, 03:16 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
not so, simply knowledgeable disgust

Old 12-26-2010, 05:21 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
You made a really good point here by these pictures
No, he really didn't. Take the one about the kid studying all sorts of things versus the kid studying the koran...that second child is learning fairy tales and being told they're true, versus the kid who studies all sorts of things and learns to use critical thinking skills, deductive reasoning, and the scientific method to learn what is real and what are delusions. Sad, very sad to stunt a child's brain by teaching them that myths are real.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:46 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,410 times
I think this cartoon more accurately depicts the Muslim-Israel difference:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam