U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,047,642 times

Advertisements

Ony Know one and he has converted to Christianity.but was a nice guy before he accepted Christ. He also has a beautiful testimony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,622,257 times
I don't have anything against them personally, I just pray for them.

I had a very good muslim friend a few years back. He used to ride my horse from time to time. When I became a Christian he was very aggressive towards me when I would ask questions about his faith. I wasn't trying to convert...I hardly new much about Christianity at that point...but he obviously didn't want to hear the name of Jesus. From then on we never discussed religion.

Personally, my next research will be into the Quran....AFTER WE SELL THIS HOUSE! Oh...sorry...just keeps coming out!

p.s. Ok...it was more like ten years ago...boy the time flies by!

Last edited by Jazzedforhim; 07-28-2007 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Just thought about the time line...added a ps

Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,727,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
...AFTER WE SELL THIS HOUSE! Oh...sorry...just keeps coming out!
I'm with ya on that one I know the feeling. We've had ours on the market for 3 years! Oops, soory off topic.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:37 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,240,302 times
I have a friend, who is attending graduate school with me. He is a Muslim from Pakistan and probably one of the more gentile persons I have known. I also note that he "walks the walk" regarding his faith. It's not obvious, but at social gatherings where everyone else is drinking wine or eating pork products, he quietly steers around them. He knows I am LDS and knows our religion forbids drinking also, so we kid each other about being the odd men out when everyone else is imbibing. I mention this, because it is a known fact that the "so-called" martyrs who hijacked the 9/11 aircraft, were in bars drinking for weeks before they carried out their plans. I think I would have been on my knees praying if I had really believed God intended for me to slaughter people.

Anyhow, we have discussed religion a couple of times. I am amazed at how much he knows about other faiths. Of course, the topic of radical Islam has come up. He makes no bones about it; he calls these people apostates and states they have twisted and corrupted the Qu’ran for personal and political motives. I’m no expert on Islam or the Qu’ran, but I know there have been a few million Christians through the ages who are guilty of committing the same offense with Christianity and the Bible; in fact there are bunches around today.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 AM

7,812 posts, read 10,705,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
The ones I know are kind, generous and loving.......Just like me

They are generally afraid of most Americans, because of the hatred they see and hear about them every day..They would like for us to know that just because they are muslim does not mean they are members of a cult like religion, just as we christians are not associated with the cultists claiming christianity.
AND...

Irishmom:
"Kind, hardworking family people...same as everybody else."

Muslims are not inherently bad people, they are human beings, just as we are. I think there is a profound difference between people having faith, expressing their faith in their religious beliefs, and actions that are compelled by extremist beliefs of any religion or people...

Old 07-29-2007, 09:52 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,401,994 times
I have met several Muslims while I was in Egypt, and I have a friend here who is a Muslim, and they are really nice people. As people said before, fundamentalists are the one who give them "bad rep". Other than that, they Islam is like any other religion to me. I may not agree with it, but they are the same like everybody else.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:15 AM

7,099 posts, read 24,500,052 times
Travis.....any chance that they may be even NICER than some Christians you have known?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM

52 posts, read 137,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboih View Post
hi,
What u think about islamic people?
They are people like everyone else.

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”...Joshua 24:15

Old 07-29-2007, 12:21 PM

358 posts, read 851,496 times
My reply to your question is: Are most Muslim people so alike that it's possible to form one opinion about them all?

Old 07-29-2007, 02:40 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,757,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Travis.....any chance that they may be even NICER than some Christians you have known?
I think that's assumed in my original post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or