U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2011, 09:01 AM
 
949 posts, read 880,301 times
Reputation: 110

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam is my life View Post
In the name of Allah
Occam's Bikini Wax: Thanks for your comment
But excuse me you have to know that i brought these evidence from Qur'an which is the ward of Allah ,
Allah is not a lair at all
and about these people who you had spoken about , i am sure that they do not understand Islam when it learn them where and when should they fight and when and where should they be peaceful
If I could prove the koran or muhammed taught incorrectly, would you denounce islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You might be slightly off there mate. From my days of Qur'an reading, it's OK to deceive in order to protect yourself from harm. So if, for an example, a Muslim is asked if he is a Muslim and he fears that he will come to harm if he says that he is, it's OK for him to lie and say that he isn't. Something like that anyway.
It isn't so much that it is alright to lie. It is that if that is the lesser of 2 evils it is better to pick the smaller evil. The best choice is to avoid any situation that places one in need of choosing between evils.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
If I could prove the koran or muhammed taught incorrectly, would you denounce islam?
I doubt it. If somehow you think you proved something to be in error, you are misunderstanding it.


To make life easier for you here is a link of the 4000 most common things non-Muslims believe to be errors. Listed in 4 books of 1000 each. 1000 Mistakes and errors in the Quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The truth has very little to do with Allah's commands to them. Deception of infidels is not just tolerated . . . it is demanded . . . if it will advance the spread of Islam.
How long would Islam have lasted if people were converted to it based upon lies?

I will agree some people have tried that and some followers of the Twelver sect of Shi'ism seems to believe it is demanded of them. Virtually every other Muslims believe Taqquiah is not a proper way to introduce people to Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,510,665 times
Reputation: 258
Just like I should lie: that was good; made me feel good; I shall shave my head one more time. OR, the way I look is not any business for you to know about; maybe you don't know how well I am attractive to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,384,086 times
Reputation: 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
If I could prove the koran or muhammed taught incorrectly, would you denounce islam?
This same logic could be equally applied to Christianity. If we provide absolute proofs of the fallacies that run rampant through the highly contradictory bible, would Christians even consider leaving their faith?

Note: about 3 years ago, when I first joined this forum, I started a thread that asked this very question: if I/we could absolutely prove up on the fallacies, errors and absolute deceptions precisely aimed at the psychological manipulation of the masses, would they consider leaving their faith?

The very telling and sorry answer, by a very few (3, I think...) who did answer, was a resounding...

NO.

I shoulda given up right then and there, but for a while I actually thought they could be enticed to listen to reason. Sadly, No Way.

This same paradigm applies to Islam, only more so. The masses facing east daily only confirms their devotion to "the unthinking" and the fear many of them must deeply feel at being an outsider in a community of followers.

The Greater Congregational Think is near-totally ingrained by the time they reach, oh I'd say, about 25 - 30 yrs of age, esp. if they see no other perspectives that might "tweak" their intellectual interests. Very few become atheists past or at that point unless their relgion truly fails them in life.

Well.... so be it! There are many sheep but few wolves. I have always respected the obvious purposeful individuality and insight of all the top-end predators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 09:09 PM
 
39,242 posts, read 10,913,531 times
Reputation: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I doubt it. If somehow you think you proved something to be in error, you are misunderstanding it.


To make life easier for you here is a link of the 4000 most common things non-Muslims believe to be errors. Listed in 4 books of 1000 each. 1000 Mistakes and errors in the Quran
On looking over that, there are perhaps some things that don't quite work - I admit I have not followed them up - but a predominance of them are of two kinds - the 'proof of God' hi -jacked from the christian Creationists and which are just as misconceived in the Islamic context as in the Christian context and

'science in the Quran' which we also get in the Bible and which equally turn out out to be overdrawn if not misconceived.

Woodrow bases his faith on other matters which (so he said) convinced him though it might not convince others and I can respect that. I can respect even more a muslim who can recognise that these 'proofs' are not proofs at all and serve only to make Islamists looks a bit silly.

Neither are unbelievers impressed by preaching, exhortations cut and pasted from the Quran and offers to supply a prayer - rug. My crediting of islam (as by even the rather unsympathetic mystic Philosopher, too) has been largely through Woodrow's unpretentious honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2011, 11:56 PM
 
10 posts, read 12,109 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Islam is fundamentally irreconcilable with civilized society. When a religion's own "holy" book demands the death of unbelievers, that religion should be expunged from existence as it has no value to humanity.


hey man....before u said that islam should be expunged from existance u should know what the quran means by demanding the death of unbelievers first.....allah demande that only in war....i mean if the unbelievers start attacking the believers they should kill theme....they should defende their slef and women ....right....it's the same thing that unbeliever will do if the believre attacke theme......that's the real meaning.....but if u stay there at ur country leaving in peace nobdy will kill u .....and that's what is happening now.....unlike what happend in some musilm countries by western countries......so does this mae sens to u my buddy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,701 posts, read 11,852,344 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaid_198805 View Post
hey man....before u said that islam should be expunged from existance u should know what the quran means by demanding the death of unbelievers first.....allah demande that only in war....i mean if the unbelievers start attacking the believers they should kill theme....they should defende their slef and women ....right....it's the same thing that unbeliever will do if the believre attacke theme......that's the real meaning.....but if u stay there at ur country leaving in peace nobdy will kill u .....and that's what is happening now.....unlike what happend in some musilm countries by western countries......so does this mae sens to u my buddy
What? Try using a spell-checker. This post is barely legible. Use your big person words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 AM
 
949 posts, read 880,301 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
This same logic could be equally applied to Christianity. If we provide absolute proofs of the fallacies that run rampant through the highly contradictory bible, would Christians even consider leaving their faith?

Note: about 3 years ago, when I first joined this forum, I started a thread that asked this very question: if I/we could absolutely prove up on the fallacies, errors and absolute deceptions precisely aimed at the psychological manipulation of the masses, would they consider leaving their faith?

The very telling and sorry answer, by a very few (3, I think...) who did answer, was a resounding...

NO.

I shoulda given up right then and there, but for a while I actually thought they could be enticed to listen to reason. Sadly, No Way.

This same paradigm applies to Islam, only more so. The masses facing east daily only confirms their devotion to "the unthinking" and the fear many of them must deeply feel at being an outsider in a community of followers.

The Greater Congregational Think is near-totally ingrained by the time they reach, oh I'd say, about 25 - 30 yrs of age, esp. if they see no other perspectives that might "tweak" their intellectual interests. Very few become atheists past or at that point unless their relgion truly fails them in life.

Well.... so be it! There are many sheep but few wolves. I have always respected the obvious purposeful individuality and insight of all the top-end predators.
knock yourself out. Prove it wrong and I'll denounce Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top