U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
 
40,054 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Reputation: 6050

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The original long-form version is not available to the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Huh??
LOL . . . good one, MightyQueen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,339,568 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
LOL . . . good one, MightyQueen.
Guess I missed the joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Chicago Area
8,036 posts, read 4,200,551 times
Reputation: 3039
finalmessage, the fact that you didn't bother to address ANY of my concerns is very telling. You don't have answers for these things. You can't tell me why God/Allah would allow his servant Jesus to be so massively misrepresented, starting at the instant he ascended into heaven. You don't have an answer for this outside of, "since Mohammed is right and Christianity is wrong ... bla, bla, bla ... X, Y and Z must have happened." You have the word of one man contradicting the word of thousands. You're going to have to do better than, "Because Mohammed was right and because Mohammed said so."

And you also never answered my other question: Why would God/Allah, a being who supposedly loves mankind, drop off a book and then tie his own hands by stating "there can never be anymore prophets." Scripture and living always coexisted, it's the way God/Allah always did it, so why would he suddenly change programs and abandon mankind. It makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
my point is that you have got some wrong facts about jesus thru the past years and becasue these wrong facts continued generation after generation it became as it correct and true. in this clip of the documentary movie about jesus you can see that jesus used the name Allah and Elahi as we still use so we are the one who is in the right path and you are the ones who go astray
I don't know where you are from, but in America little children like to say, "I know you are but what am I?" It's not a convincing argument. If you have facts outside of "Because Mohammed said so." then state them. If you don't then at least have the decency to admit it that you have no facts to back up your theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
3,644 posts, read 5,560,756 times
Reputation: 1616
Amazon.com: The Islamic Antichrist: The Shocking Truth about the Real Nature of the Beast (9781935071129): Joel Richardson: Books

A very good book that I highly recommend. It points out how all of the end time beliefs in Islam are almost exactly the opposite of Christianity and how all the good guy / bad guy roles of the characters are reversed. In Islam Jesus comes ot break the cross and kill all the Jews, as just one example.

Another good read: Amazon.com: God's War on Terror: Islam, Prophecy and the Bible (9780977102181): Walid Shoebat, Joel Richardson: Books

Written by a former Muslim terrorist who converted to Christianity after taking up a challenge to read the Bible and disprove it.

I find it interesting that the one thing that is essential to salvation in Christianity (beleive in Jesus' divinity) is the worst sin in Islam: shirk (Arabic: شرك‎ širk) which is to equate partners with Allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 AM
 
48 posts, read 45,378 times
Reputation: 11
IF YOU BELIEVE THE JESUS IS GOD TELL ME WHO WAS THE GOD BEFORE THE BIRTH OF JESUS AND HOW CAN PEOPLE KILL GOD IF THE JESUS KILLED FOR YOUR SINS SO WHY MOST OF CRISTIAN MAKE SINS NOW WHY THEY DID NOT RESPECT Sacrifice OF JESUS AND WHY MARY COVER HER HAIR AND THE CRISTIAN DID NOT SO WHY MOST OF DISASTER IN CRISTIAN COUNTRY WHY JESUS DID NOT PROTECT THEM IF HE GOD BECAUSE HE IS HUMAN LIKE YOU HE IS PROPHET ALLAH GIVE HIM MIRACLES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
15,310 posts, read 10,339,568 times
Reputation: 2612
You said that without drawing a breath!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
 
Location: around the way
656 posts, read 932,411 times
Reputation: 422
OK, settle down, Beavis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
IF YOU BELIEVE THE JESUS IS GOD
I don't, but I'll take a crack at it anyway. Also, it's just "Jesus", not "The Jesus". "The Jesus" is a character from the movie "The Big Lebowski", and while he's very memorable he's not really relevant to this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
TELL ME WHO WAS THE GOD BEFORE THE BIRTH OF JESUS
God in Christian thought is eternal- a single infinite being with three divine persons- Father/Son/Holy Spirit. Think of it like a single plant with 3 leaves (that's how St. Patrick described it to the pagan Irish, after all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
AND HOW CAN PEOPLE KILL GOD IF THE JESUS KILLED FOR YOUR SINS
God's essence was never killed, although the physical body of Jesus was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
SO WHY MOST OF CRISTIAN MAKE SINS NOW
The same reason Muslims, Jews, atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Branch Davidians, and whoever else you claim to name still sin: they're human and fallible. Duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
WHY THEY DID NOT RESPECT Sacrifice OF JESUS AND
Most if not all of them do? That's kind of the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
WHY MARY COVER HER HAIR AND THE CRISTIAN DID NOT
Because she was a Jewish woman in the Levant 2000-odd years ago, and that's how they rolled back then. Many if not most women in the West also kept their hair covered in public until 100 years or so ago. Styles change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
SO WHY MOST OF DISASTER IN CRISTIAN COUNTRY
OK, now you're just reaching.
List of natural disasters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China, India, and Bangladesh seem to come up a lot and none of them are particularly Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
WHY JESUS DID NOT PROTECT THEM IF HE GOD
Probably the same reason Allah/Muhammad didn't save Iran, Pakistan, or Syria from all those earthquakes, or Bangladesh from the floods, or Bangladesh from the hurricanes, or Bangladesh from...

Seriously, what does God have against Bangladesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
BECAUSE HE IS HUMAN LIKE YOU HE IS PROPHET ALLAH GIVE HIM MIRACLES
Yes, I agree with that. The first part, at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 432,388 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftFn View Post
Your Qur'an was copied from Jewish-Catholic bible and that one was REWRITTEN from the code of Hammurabi - read this thread:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...hammurabi.html
so you are basing on ordinary lie and ordinary theft

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
come on !!
I am a Muslim ... and I know that Quran is completely differents from another books .. I read a page from bible and it's seem like any book for me but, the Quran have many things which you don't know about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 432,388 times
Reputation: 129
Did the bible mention prophet Mohammad (p.b.u.h) ??
by the way Jesus (p.b.u.h) is mentioned on the Quran more than 50 times !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 01:23 AM
 
439 posts, read 482,247 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
finalmessage, the fact that you didn't bother to address ANY of my concerns is very telling.

you also did not say any thing regarding the accuracy of the bible
in post 22 and here it is again

" but when the Islamic history mention any thing about prophet Muhammad
and i mean any thing big or small , even if it is only one word then they verify the source of this information.
for example if MR. a1 said that the prophet said or did something and he got this information from
a2 and a2 from a3 and so on until the chain reach to the prophet.
then they verify all the people in the chain and if only one of them does not have a very good reputation then they do not accept that act as a prophet act .

now i want you to examine the people in the chain who from them the current bible is written

does the chain reach to prophet Jesus without any cut?
"


Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You can't tell me why God/Allah would allow his servant Jesus to be so massively misrepresented, starting at the instant he ascended into heaven. .

that is not a fact

your are the one who say allow his servant Jesus to be so massively misrepresented

it is like putting words on the mouth of others




Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
: Why would God/Allah, a being who supposedly loves mankind, drop off a book and then tie his own hands by stating "there can never be anymore prophets." Scripture and living always coexisted, it's the way God/Allah always did it, so why would he suddenly change programs and abandon mankind. It makes absolutely no sense.

.
because it is the will of Allah
and because the Quran has every thing regarding living in this planet

Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful



**********************************************

There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are peoples like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees). Then unto their Lord they will be gathered.

*************************************************

And (bethink you of) the day when We raise in every nation a witness against them of their own folk, and We bring thee (Muhammad) as a witness against these. And We reveal the Scripture unto thee as an exposition of all things, and a guidance and a mercy and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).


**********************************************

Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.


The Noble Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top