U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 AM

48 posts, read 45,440 times

Advertisements

look this life pass faster than car the death for people like friend this life is limited but the hell not limited I advise you read the quran god give lot of Miracle in quran now discovered like the miracle of quran we will not lose any thing but you will lose your self after death remember that search about miracle in quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 01:35 PM

439 posts, read 483,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Okay, I'll play.

First problem I'm seeing is the statement that the Quran is "the Last Testament." I don't believe that God arbitrarily just stops talking to humankind. .

Allah is talking to humankind via the Quran

the Quran has every thing the humankind need.

all the previous miracles from all the previous prophets do not exist now except for the Quran

the Quran is the only miracle that never finish

until the last day is near.

and this is one of the reason that we do not need a new prophet.
Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful

There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are peoples like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees). Then unto their Lord they will be gathered.

And (bethink you of) the day when We raise in every nation a witness against them of their own folk, and We bring thee (Muhammad) as a witness against these. And We reveal the Scripture unto thee as an exposition of all things, and a guidance and a mercy and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).

Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

The Noble Quran.
Quote:

Now it's obvious where the speaker in your video is going with this: He is going to point out that different translations of the Bible differ. The four Gospels or accounts of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ do not agree perfectly in all cases. But I would point out that anytime you have two witnesses to the same series of events, they remember things differently. The fact that the four Gospels retain many of these small differences is compelling evidence that the material has not undergone the same degree of revision as we see with the Quran. If early Christians had been dilligently seeking to "correct" the Biblical text rather than just preserve it unblemished, we would see no disagreement whatsoever in between the four Gospels. The transcription of the writings of the apostles is not perfect certainly, but there were very few attempts to change those writings intentionally.

see here how the bible came to you

YouTube - History Of Bible continues....

and see here how the Quran came to us

Old 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,218,816 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll play.

First problem I'm seeing is the statement that the Quran is "the Last Testament." I don't believe that God arbitrarily just stops talking to humankind. There have been significant gaps where there wasn't anything written that you could quite call scripture, but if God sent a new prophet to us tomorrow it is 100% within his rights to do so. Notions of the cessation of relelation, miracles, etc are a sad attempt to handcuff and limit that which is all-powerful and limitless. And this Muslim -- I presume he's a scholar? -- does not establish any reason God must of necessity cease communicating with humankind or to communicate less directly. In this concept I already know that I differ from many Christians, but it is completely illogical for God to arbitrarily hand humankind a book and then withdraw and expect us to figure it out for ourselves. The possibility of future scripture, prophets and messages from God is a door I refuse to believe has ever been sealed shut. Why would God do such a thing if he loves us?
You see such persecutors justify their actions by passages in the Quran -- and yes those passages seem to say "kill the infidel if he will not accept Islam!" I believe "by their fruits you shall know them" is a true and wise statement, even if you don't believe in Jesus at all. It's just good sense afterall. Right now, far too much of the fruits of Islam are rotten. Far too few are good. I have seen and known Muslims in the USA who really do live the idea, "good people, good teachings, live and let live." They live in a nation where they are a tiny minority. Yet if you go to where Muslims are the clear majority, all that seems to go right out the window. The predominantly Muslim nations in the world are the most backward, unproductive and unsophisticated in the world with very few exceptions.
The part about the widespread trend of incredibly under-productive Muslim nations.

The best measure of raw value and productivity of any given nation is GDP (Gross Domestic Product). So who are the biggest, most productive nations on earth today?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal)
0.(highest but not technically a single nation but working towards being a single economic entity) European Union: 16.3 Trillion per year
1.) The Unites States: 14.7 Trillion
2.) People's Republic of China: 5.9 Trillion
3.) Japan: 5.5 Trillion
4.) Germany: 3.3 Trillion
5.) France: 2.6 Trillion
6.) United Kingdom: 2.2 Trillion
7.) Brazil: 2.1 Trillion
8.) Italy: 2.0 Trillion
9.) Canada: 1.6 Trillion
10) India: 1.5 Trillion

Who are the top predominantly Muslim nations, where do they rank and why are they seeing some small measure of success?
17.) Turkey: .74 Billion. Turkey tends to view itself more as a part of the family of European nations and doesn't really consider themselves to be part of the Arabic Middle East. So they do what Europe does. Turkey copies successful European economic systems. Yet depite having the third largest population in Europe, they place only 7th in Europe in raw GDP.
18.) Indonesia: .71 Trillion. Indonesia is the 4th most populous nation on earth behind China, India and the United States. It should be a no brainer that having an immense population equates to a very high economic output, yet Indonesia is less productive than 13 nations with significantly smaller populations. Case in point, the Netherlands has about 1/6th of Indonesia's population but ranks just ahead of them in anual GDP.
22.) Saudi Arabia: .44 Trillion. Oil, oil, oil. They produce so much of it that it inflates their ranking. One must wonder what Saudi Arabia and others will do when the oil runs out.
29.) Iran: .36 Trillion. Oil and population, but Iran ranks far lower than one would expect considering their large population.
33.) United Arab Emirates: .30 Trillion. Oil, oil and more oil.
40.) Egypt: .22 Trillion. Huge population (80 million) but obviously not doing much with it.
47.) Pakistan: .17 Trillion. Astounding that a nation with such a large population ranks this low internationally. They are the 7th most populous nation on earth, so the fact that the rank 47th in economic output is astounding.
57.) Bangladesh: .10 Trillion. Much like Pakistan, this is a HUGE population that just isn't doing much. With 150 million people, they are the 8th largest population on earth.

And everything below this is seriously just scraping the bottom of the barrel. Muslim nations just aren't anywhere close to being efficient and productive nations.

The trend we see is seems to indicate that Islam and high levels of productivity just don't coexist together. Pakistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, UAE, Indonesia, Turkey, Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia combine for 825 million in population, and 3.04 Trillion in GDP. (And I'm trowing in two the big oil low population nations just to try to make Muslim countries look as good as I possibly can.)

Japan has 128 million people and blows them completely out of the water with 5.5 Trillion in GDP. Germany also singlehandedly outproduces them with 3.3 Trillion in anual GDP, and does it with less than 1/10th the population: 82 million.

Islamic nations are statistically almost irrelevant to the world's economy: A giant mass of people that just don't seem to be doing much. You can't help but wonder why that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
that is more than funny if there someone told you about your best friend is Thief while you know all the thing about your friend is more than good and while you know before this guy liar and Enemy
for your friend you will believe that or you will trying to looking for true give me clear Proof do not give me from liar guy This priest see to most of peolpe convert to islam make him crazy the enemy of true more than dust
Ashkar, I assume you were responding to the portion of my post that you didn't quote, correct? I responding to the part of my post you did quote above. As for the Coptic Christian priest, the man is in Egypt which is about 90% Muslim. One would think that he'd know better than to make up the whole story. After all, Muslim historians in Egypt could absolutely shred him if he was. But what do I know, maybe it's all made up, right? Can you provide unbiased sources to debunk what he's claiming?

It's also obvious they felt threatened by him: The only possible explanation for his sudden prolonged silence is that the Muslims threatened him, threatened the TV station and effectively shut him up. If all he was spouting was made up nonsense, why validate his claims by silencing him? Or is Islam unable to handle any criticism whatsoever?

Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
First problem I'm seeing is the statement that the Quran is "the Last Testament." I don't believe that God arbitrarily just stops talking to humankind. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Allah is talking to humankind via the Quran

the Quran has every thing the humankind need.

all the previous miracles from all the previous prophets do not exist now except for the Quran

the Quran is the only miracle that never finish

until the last day is near.

and this is one of the reason that we do not need a new prophet.
I'm sorry finalmessage but this is nothing close to being a compelling reason for God to drop off a book and then abandon mankind to figure it out for themselves. I hear some Christians say the same thing about the Bible, "It contains everything that we will ever need, no further need of prophets and revelation." In both cases it's just completely ridiculous!! Either God/Allah loves us or he does not. If he just dropped off a book and abandoned humankind, it can only mean that he loves us less today than loved humankind beforehand. And neither the Bible nor the Quran can possible account for all scenarios and circumstances. No and neither can a finite book can even hope to capture all of the wisdom and knowledge of an infinite being. With living prophets and apostles (amounts to the same thing really), you have direct access to God/Allah and the infinite wisdom and knowledge. Sure you will have to accept that he isn't going to tell you everything -- he never has after all. But think of it logically for a moment: With living messengers, he can directly guide and direct us. Yet if imperfect human beings are left to read God's book and then figure it out for themselves, they're going to get it wrong sometimes -- and if you look at history they get it wrong A LOT!!

I'm sorry but you just haven't come anywhere close to convincing me that Allah/God dropping off a book and then just ditching humankind to figure it out is a good idea, nor something one would expect from a loving God.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM

40,228 posts, read 26,840,335 times
Quote:
[youtube]
Are you too ignorant to understand that this is a DISCUSSION forum . . . NOT a propagand site for your You Tube videos!! Either discuss the topics or leave us alone with your crap videos.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Are you too ignorant to understand that this is a DISCUSSION forum . . . NOT a propagand site for your You Tube videos!! Either discuss the topics or leave us alone with your crap videos.
Couldn't rep you, but Quoted For Truth.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 PM

48 posts, read 45,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
what is the problem with you is this forum for you or what is the matter

Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM

15,332 posts, read 10,375,671 times
Quote:
The part about the widespread trend of incredibly under-productive Muslim nations.
Don't forget that a lot of what we know about the sciences and medicine today comes from the Arabs. Jus sayin'

Old 05-09-2011, 11:15 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,758,275 times
Quote:
look this life pass faster than car the death for people like friend this life is limited but the hell not limited I advise you read the quran god give lot of Miracle in quran now discovered like the miracle of quran we will not lose any thing but you will lose your self after death remember that search about miracle in quran
I read quite an bit of the Koran and much of it is an bunch of farytales just like much of the bible is as well. Thankfully more and more people are discovering that there is much more to life than an book of ancient texts. I know that the koran says that unbelievers will burn in hell forever. However much of the koran is fear mongering and the type of God is an vengeful God, rather than an God that loves unconditionally.

Last edited by other99; 05-09-2011 at 11:23 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Don't forget that a lot of what we know about the sciences and medicine today comes from the Arabs. Jus sayin'
Absolutely true which is why it's so utterly perplexing that Islam has fallen so far. It really and truly was the pinnacle of civilization, progress, math, science and so forth. Now they lead the world in doing nothing apparently. Oh how far the mighty have fallen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or