U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:17 PM

8,036 posts, read 4,199,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You said:
"Did you know in the beginning of 2011 Christians were going to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but God sent down the snow at the airports either Australia flooding was the biggest sign that Allah is not satisfied with what you do
I already answered this Moderator cut: edit once:
Quote:
As far as Natural Disasters being any indication of how much God hates anyone, here's something to think about:

Ten deadliest natural disasters of the past century
1.) 1931 Floods in China killed between 1 and 2.5 million people.
2.) In 1976 a an earthquake in China killed approximately 779,000 people.
3.) The 1970 Bhola Cyclone (hurricane) killed about 500,000 people in East Pakistan (now known as Bangladesh.)
4.) The Haiyuan earthquake in 1920 in China killed 234,000 people.
5.) Indonesia Tsunami killed 230,210 people - the bulk of those fatalities happening in Indonesia.
6.) The Haiti earthquake of 2010 killed 222,570 people.
7.) The Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 killed 142,000 in Japan.
8.) Cyclone Nargis kills over 138,000 people in Myanmar in 2008.
9.) The 1991 Cyclone kills 138,000 people in Bangladesh.
10.) The Ashgabat Earthquake of 1948 kills 120,000 people in Turkmenistan.

Just for the sake of perspective, how has the Unites States fared in terms of natural disasters (aka, God's hatred) in the past century?
1.) Hurricane Katrina killed 1,836 people in 2005.
2.) The 1980 heatwave killed 1,700 people.
3.) Another heatwave in 1995 killed 739 people, mostly in Chicago.
4.) The Tri-State Tornado of 1925 killed 727 people.
5.) The 1919 Florida Keys Hurricane killed 600 people.
6.) Another hurricane killed 600 people in New England in 1938.
7.) The 1918 Cloquet Fire killed 453 people in Minnesota.
8.) The Ohio flood of 1913 killed 428 people.
9.) Another hurricane in Florida killed 423 people in 1935.
10.) Another flood in 1937 (Ohio River) killed 385 people.
-- If we reach a bit past the 100 year mark, the worst death toll in any natural disaster in the history of the USA was the 1900 Galveston Hurricane which killed between 6,000 and 12,000.

Conclusion: God hates China more than anything. After China, God hates Islam (Turkmenistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia are all almost entirely Muslim.) Fair to say that God hates Japan, Haiti and Myanmar but not nearly as much as he hates China and Islam. Clearly he hates China and Islam more than anything. On the other hand God obviously hates the USA least, which can only mean that he likes the USA better than any other nation on earth.
Do I believe all of that? Nope! But it sure as hell debunks this Moderator cut: delted "Allah is punishing you for being Christian." If Allah is punishing ANY world religion via natural disasters, it's Islam.

I don't buy into the notion that God is punishing people every time there is a natural disaster because it's a load of crap. But it's hilarious that any Muslim would open that can of worms considering how hard-hit Muslim countries have been in the last 100 years.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-27-2011 at 12:08 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 PM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Yup, Allah sure loves the Muslim countries...

Six months after the worst floods in the history of Pakistan, millions are still in dire need of assistance and there are new warnings of malnutrition. Approximately one-fifth of Pakistan's total land area was underwater, approximately 796,095 square kilometres (307,374 sq mi). According to Pakistani government data the floods directly affected about 20 million people, mostly by destruction of property, livelihood and infrastructure, with a death toll of close to 2,000.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 AM

20 posts, read 26,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
you said:
"did you know in the beginning of 2011 christians were going to celebrate the birth of jesus, but god sent down the snow at the airports either australia flooding was the biggest sign that allah is not satisfied with what you do

i asked if your imams were preaching this message .
What religion i may or may not be has nothing to do with your yes or no answer.
my answer in quran above

Old 04-24-2011, 06:49 AM

19,786 posts, read 19,886,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by !slam View Post
my answer in quran above
Your current Imams were not alive when the quran was written so the answer will not be found there.
Are your living Imams publicly stating that the events you mentioned were deliberately caused by god?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 AM

19,786 posts, read 19,886,317 times
It is clear you are not going to answer the question so I will take that as the answer that they indeed are not and it is only your opinion since a "yes" would have been easy to state and to back up..

Old 04-24-2011, 11:23 AM

27,954 posts, read 15,043,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by !slam View Post
you do not fear god tell me you--- ALLAH create you for boyfriend or girlfriend drink live this life for your self as you like oh ask my god to forgive you do you know there are tow angles in your hands they recored your talking and action after death you will meet ALLAH and ALLAH WILL give you book inside it all your action and talking but in the lost time what you will say to him you will say oh my god i worshiped your son and stone and my desire so enter me the paradise ALLAH create the paradise reward for people who worship him alone and do good deeds and hell for people who didn't worship him alone look you will see that after death do you know what the death people wish they wish to return to this life to follow the god message look islam is god words many of american convert to islam why because no mistake in quran
Most of those that convert to Islam in America are black and seem to be looking for there unique identity...If i remember correctly, the 60s and 70s saw a majority of blacks embracing the african lifestyle in order to identify with there ancestors who were taken as slaves to this country then in the 80s they began converting to Islam and adopting Islamic names as they adopted african names in the 60s and 70s...I do not know of to many white folks that converted to Islam...Muhammed sent out mercenaries to the countyside where the poor were and told them to tell the people that they were to pay tribute, worship Allah or die and since they were poor and could not afford a tribute and they did not want to die...what else was left?...convert to Islam...wonderful way to convert people...under threat of death...It seems to me the crusades did something similar...

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 AM

591 posts, read 560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Most of those that convert to Islam in America are black and seem to be looking for there unique identity...If i remember correctly, the 60s and 70s saw a majority of blacks embracing the african lifestyle in order to identify with there ancestors who were taken as slaves to this country then in the 80s they began converting to Islam and adopting Islamic names as they adopted african names in the 60s and 70s...I do not know of to many white folks that converted to Islam...Muhammed sent out mercenaries to the countyside where the poor were and told them to tell the people that they were to pay tribute, worship Allah or die and since they were poor and could not afford a tribute and they did not want to die...what else was left?...convert to Islam...wonderful way to convert people...under threat of death...It seems to me the crusades did something similar...

It's so ironic how many refer Christianity as the "white man's" religion, and move away from Christ, who was sinnless, and convert to Islam, who was founded by a black slave trader. Boggles the mind, really.

Last edited by Ball Pean; 04-24-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,972,242 times
!slam: The problem is that all your answers are in the Quran, just as all a fundamentalist Christian's answers are in his Bible.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:49 PM

430 posts, read 514,287 times
The obvious rationale for claims of Godly retribution whenever there's some sort of natural disaster is that the authors of such sillliness need to strike while the fear-iron is hot, to capitalize on illiterate people's short-attenrion span coupled with their fear that something similar could just as easily happen to them. So, as Rahm Emanuel (sp?) said so well, "never let a good crisis go to waste!"

Those catastropy statistics are amazing in showing how unrelated this stuff is to predictions of imminent Godly venegance, but the devout will always cling to their fervent hope, which is that they alone will be saved, and... nyah nyah... you won't!

Tsk tsk... the valuable time they waste in such ideological pursuits, while the rest of us move on unhindered....

Old 04-24-2011, 01:53 PM

15,310 posts, read 10,335,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
!slam: The problem is that all your answers are in the Quran, just as all a fundamentalist Christian's answers are in his Bible.
He's no longer here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam