U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 02:24 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So how many of these events occurred this month?

Recent Events :: Iraq Body Count

From the Russian Paper Pravda

Quote:
Libya buries 11 religious leaders murdered by NATO

The imams were killed in a NATO bombing in the city of Brega (east), in an attack which also injured about 50 people

On Saturday, Libya buried the 11 imams (spiritual leaders of Islam) that were killed in an attack by the imperialist forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) on Friday afternoon. While the imams were being buried, planes of the Atlantic bloc, which issued a statement of "apology" for the massacre, broke the sound barrier.

SOURCE

I accept you do not see NATO as representing Christianity, but much of the non-Christian world does just as so many non-Muslims see Iran, Al-Qaida and Taliban as representing Islam.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM

8,047 posts, read 4,211,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I've always been curious as to why someone would believe the word of any, single individual who claims God spoke to him. Anybody can claim that. Where's the proof?
But what if he claims that Xenu spoke to him??

Seriously, it comes down to the same thing as always. If you take another person's word for it without question then you're a gullible *******. If you pray and find out for yourself that A.) There actually is a God and B.) That God affirms that he did indeed speak to the person in question ... then that's different.

But more importantly, I'm still not sure if you can pray to Xenu or if he's more like the devil. Where is Xenu today??? Is he coming back?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 PM

30,913 posts, read 31,804,732 times
Well now, if you really want to count bodies be prepared to lose... Muslims are killing people in many other places, not just Iraq.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
From the Russian Paper Pravda
Wait, wait, wait ... you actually consider Pravda a reliable source for anything???

Pravda was the same newspaper that so faithfully lied to the people of the USSR for the entirety of Communist rule. It was the primary vehicle of Soviet Communist propaghanda from 1912 till 1991 when Boris Yeltsin ordered the paper shut down. Afterwards, many of the staff recreated the newspaper under the same name. Same people running it that were running it under Communist rule, more or less. I'm blown away that you'd trust anything they say!

We have our less than trustworthy media outlets, but nothing short of the Weekly World News lies quite so spectacularly as Pravda!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Wait, wait, wait ... you actually consider Pravda a reliable source for anything???

Pravda was the same newspaper that so faithfully lied to the people of the USSR for the entirety of Communist rule. It was the primary vehicle of Soviet Communist propaghanda from 1912 till 1991 when Boris Yeltsin ordered the paper shut down. Afterwards, many of the staff recreated the newspaper under the same name. Same people running it that were running it under Communist rule, more or less. I'm blown away that you'd trust anything they say!

We have our less than trustworthy media outlets, but nothing short of the Weekly World News lies quite so spectacularly as Pravda!
You are sharper than I...I didn't pick up on that, but thought it very strange that only imams were killed...I guess all Muslims practice taqiyya...

Old 05-16-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You are sharper than I...I didn't pick up on that, but thought it very strange that only imams were killed...I guess all Muslims practice taqiyya...
There were allegedly 40 Imams in the house they were holding a peace rally to stop the fighting in Libya.

I figured youmightfind Pravda to be the most unbiased of the world's papers, but if you desire to look here are a few other Sources, although the story does change from country to country.

From the UK:
Libya accuses Nato over bombing of imams | World news | guardian.co.uk

From Australia:
Libya buries 11 imams killed in NATO strike

From India
Libya Buries 11 Imams Killed In Nato Strike

Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM

No matter...11 imams? Probably just more lies anyway. I have come to the conclusion that all Muslims lie....How many have been killed so far in the libyan conflict?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
There were allegedly 40 Imams in the house they were holding a peace rally to stop the fighting in Libya.

I figured youmightfind Pravda to be the most unbiased of the world's papers, but if you desire to look here are a few other Sources, although the story does change from country to country.
It is a strange thing since Russia has no iron in the fire over the outcome of the Libyan civil war, but at the very beginning, Pravda was claiming that all the reports of Qaddafi's forces massacring civilians were 100% made up Western media propaganda. You'd have to be pretty gullible to buy into that line though I've no idea what Pravda's motives are in this matter. Probably just stirring the pot.

Everything else is effectively "he said she said" and likely there's a lot more to it. For instance, it would seem very much in character for Qaddafi to use Immans as human shields -- all the better to stir up Muslim outrage. We're talking about a man who will do absolutely anything to stay in power.

Let's break down your other sources:
Quote:
NATO carried out new air strikes, after Libyans buried 11 Muslim clerics killed in what Moamer Kadhafi's regime said was an alliance air strike on the oil city of Brega.

The state news agency JANA reported the late Saturday NATO air strikes in the Libyan regions of Bir Al-Ghanam, Njila and the city of Al-Azizya, southwest of the capital Tripoli.

Citing a military source, the agency reported that "civilian and military" sites had been targetted and that the strikes had caused "human and material damage." It provided no further details.
JANA is the state controlled news organization of Libya -- so they report what Moamer tells them to report. "Military source" also falls into the category of a Qaddafi-controlled source of information. Such sources are unreliable at the best of times and in Libya's current mess -- almost guaranteed to be lies.

So yeah ... we're just supposed to take Qaddafi's word for it.

For all we know, the immans were killed but Qaddafi himself just so he could blame it on NATO. If NATO was responsible -- which is hardly proven -- then it's a terrible thing. But no they're not about to start targeting peace rallies and the like. At worst this is a tragic accident. But I'm still not convinced that Qaddafi didn't do these immans himself.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
No matter...11 imams? Probably just more lies anyway. I have come to the conclusion that all Muslims lie....How many have been killed so far in the libyan conflict?
Perhaps we should refresh our memories over the original question I was answering.

It had to do with what Christians had done recently.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Perhaps we should refresh our memories over the original question I was answering.

It had to do with what Christians had done recently.
I really think you should abandon that line of discussion, as in today's world it is obvious to all that many Muslims are on a killing spree almost world wide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam