Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I've always been curious as to why someone would believe the word of any, single individual who claims God spoke to him. Anybody can claim that. Where's the proof?
Hey man...you hit the nail square on the head.

Beginning about 3000 BC there was this story of a virgin born son of god called a savior and who was ultimately crucified...Horus of Egypt. Dozens of versions of this same scenario continued all over north Africa and the middle east until finally the Jews wrote their rendition...which they no longer claim.

Besides the Jesus and Allah stuff the biggest and greatest deceiver of mankind had to be the idea that the angel Mormon delivered the word of god, by golden tablets, which suspiciously disappeared, to a convicted con man in the early 1800's. There's Dumb and Dumber but anybody who falls for that crap has to be ready for the funny farm. As a matter of fact anybody who falls for any of those promises which are supposed to be delivered to them after they're dead falls into that same category. C'mon now...they even have a legal charge to be made for a failed promise of matrimony much less a promise of something which will only happen after one's death.

Last edited by Melvin.George; 05-16-2011 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 04:23 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There were allegedly 40 Imams in the house they were holding a peace rally to stop the fighting in Libya.
I guess it was their peace pipes that produced the secondary explosions and not the ammunition, AK47's and rocket launchers in the house.The disruptions to the command and control abilities were probably just collateral damage too. Or is this just Western taquiyya? It is so hard to tell when dealing with a culture whose God commands lying to infidels. Separating truth from fiction is so hard. Besides Muslims never hide behind innocents as shields to protect their vital military assets . . . oh wait . . . yes they do. Hmmm. It's all too confusing dealing with deceitful bastards. I give up.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:52 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I guess it was their peace pipes that produced the secondary explosions and not the ammunition, AK47's and rocket launchers in the house.The disruptions to the command and control abilities were probably just collateral damage too. Or is this just Western taquiyya? It is so hard to tell when dealing with a culture whose God commands lying to infidels. Separating truth from fiction is so hard. Besides Muslims never hide behind innocents as shields to protect their vital military assets . . . oh wait . . . yes they do. Hmmm. It's all too confusing dealing with deceitful bastards. I give up.
Sorry, I am not Shia, Sunnis do not use taquiyya. But even the Shii are forbidden to lie except under 4 conditions those being,

to keep peace in the family, if the lie is not meant to hide a deception. ie When your wife asks if the supper she cooked tasted good.

In time of war if telling the truth is going to endanger your country men

Although shunned upon and cowardly it is permissable to lie about being Muslim if saying so will endanger you life.

If it is necessary to prevent unjust harm from coming to someone. ( to explain a little, one would not be permitted to lie about a criminal to keep them from being punished, the punishment would not be an unjust harm)

Some how some Shii interpret all of that to mean it is permitted to lie to non-Muslims.

BTW do you know what an Imam is? Keep in mind we have no ordained clergy and nothing that even resembles Christian clergy or hierarchy, although many seem to think an Imam is like a priest or something or some kind of religious official.

I used to serve as an Imam quite often in Austin, and looks like I may have to do so here out in the Boondocks, We seem to have a shortage of Muslims if you ever check the Muslim population of ND,

I most likely am the oldest Muslim in ND so I doubt if I can find anybody else who our small group would accept. although I do feel many of the younger members probably are more qualified than I am.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
In time of war ......

And Islam is always at war with infidels. Islam is in a perpetual state of war with all non-believers.

How convienent

Listen, I have no interest in defending Christianity over Islam. I have many times argued in favor of Native Americans, in discussions regarding Native Americans, history and Christians. Both (Islam and Christians) have been very active and very guitly of committing hidious, vicious attrocities for thousands of years.

But Islam is by far the most consistent and neverending religion of conflict, torture, mutilation and vicious murdering.

Your attempts at Islamic propaganda, have failed.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Islam is by far the most consistent and neverending religion of conflict, torture, mutilation and vicious murdering.
Maybe they are still trying to get even for the Crusades. There's no religion in the world more guilty of gross murders than Christianity. PERIOD.

Have you ever thought of the millions who fled to Syria and Jordon when God and George Bush invaded Iraq?

'Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

What about the 150,000 Arabs(conservative estimate) killed in that little fiasco. 'Course I suppose you believe that was justified even though they never found any weapons of mass destruction...which was what the American people were told was the reason we invaded.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
And Islam is always at war with infidels. Islam is in a perpetual state of war with all non-believers.

How convienent

Listen, I have no interest in defending Christianity over Islam. I have many times argued in favor of Native Americans, in discussions regarding Native Americans, history and Christians. Both (Islam and Christians) have been very active and very guitly of committing hidious, vicious attrocities for thousands of years.

But Islam is by far the most consistent and neverending religion of conflict, torture, mutilation and vicious murdering.

Your attempts at Islamic propaganda, have failed.
I thank you on my wife's behalf for arguing in favor for the NA, she is Cheyenne, but we live on the Standing Rock Lakotah Rez in North Dakotah. I am some what active in AIM but more for the supporting of Russel Means and his bid to Establish the RoL --Mitakuye Oyasin. If you ever get to Pine Ridge when he is there look him up, he has a house in Manderson. He actually is a very nice guy and down to earth. Currently he seems to be living in New Mexico, His wife is Navajo, but he still comes up this way on occasion.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Maybe they are still trying to get even for the Crusades..

So what you're saying is, you have little to no actual knowledge of what occured prior to the Crusades and why the Crusades occured, in the first place.

You may want to take a good, long look at what Islam/Muslims were doing for...oh.....several hundred years and their vicious, invading, oppressive behavior.

The Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Holy Wars....were all horrible periods for everyone. Dark, brutal time periods.

But they happened for a reason and Islam was NOT just some innocent bystanders who were victimized and taken advantage of.

Islam and it's Muslims were the catalysts, the vicious invading aggressors and catalysts; for hundreds of years.

What would you have them do? Just submit to Islam? Convert to Islam? Lay down and let Islam have it's way? Let Islam continue to invade and slaughter everyone, in every country....on every piece of land on the planet?

Get a grip.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:20 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Maybe they are still trying to get even for the Crusades. There's no religion in the world more guilty of gross murders than Christianity. PERIOD.

Have you ever thought of the millions who fled to Syria and Jordon when God and George Bush invaded Iraq?

'Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

What about the 150,000 Arabs(conservative estimate) killed in that little fiasco. 'Course I suppose you believe that was justified even though they never found any weapons of mass destruction...which was what the American people were told was the reason we invaded.
At least 90% of those 150,000 Muslim Arabs were killed and are still being killed by fellow Muslim Arabs, Melvin.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM

591 posts, read 641,461 times
I have talked to Muslims about the Holy Spirit, having visions, and powers of prophecy, and they taught that anything associated with the Holy Spirit is associated with the Jinn, and it is evil in nature. It seems pretty much like anything Holy is despised by them. They seem ANti Holy Spirit, as well as antiChrist, and antianything else. But that has been my personal experience talking to Muslims about the Spirit.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM

591 posts, read 641,461 times
I had a vision last night. I was with Jesus and he was REALLY pissed. He was emmitting anger, I could FEEL his anger inside of me. Then I heard God's voice say, "I am ready to EXPLODE!!" I was like, "let er rip!!" "Let it all out!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam