Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:50 PM

147 posts, read 153,590 times

Advertisements

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

Hadith Qudsi 16:

On the authority of son of Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

(1) It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Hadith Qudsi 17:

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 04:53 PM

Hadith Qudsi 20:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

Hadith Qudsi 14:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH), who said:

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, fillin that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

Old 05-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Hadith Qudsi 6:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:

The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasa'i).

Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
wa Alaikum Salaam Akhi
wa Ramatullahi wa baraktuhu.

The beauty of those aHadith is very deep.

To add to it think of the beauty with the simple words we are commanded to begin each thing with.

Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem

In the Name of Allah the Beneficent, the most merciful

What a wonderful reminder of what Allaah(swt) has revealed to us, of himself.

He is the Allah, a word so full of meaning that we could never write them all out even with an endless supply of ink. A word that in itself contains all of the attributes found in the Asma-ul-Husna and an endless number still unknown.

He is the Rahman the provider of all our needs and the giver of all we have or will get. He gives endlessly with no holding back.

He is the Raheem and forgives endlessly, he judges with mercy and rewards with abundance.

Allaah(swt) has told us much about himself, and from the little we can understand how can we ever think of worshiping any other except Allaah(swt)

Old 05-14-2011, 06:44 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
I've always been curious as to why someone would believe the word of any, single individual who claims God spoke to him. Anybody can claim that. Where's the proof?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I've always been curious as to why someone would believe the word of any, single individual who claims God spoke to him. Anybody can claim that. Where's the proof?
...Or that anyone would credit a thread (yet one more in the apparently endless series) that consists mainly of cutting & pasting.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:42 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
What my Brother has posted is not from the Qur'an. Those quotes are from the Ahadith. The Ahadith are the eyewitness accounts of what indivuals saw and heard. In these particular ones the witnesses to these accounts were:

Abu Dharr al-Ghifari

the son of Abbas

and

Abu Harayrah

We do not follow the word of any single individual and are obligated to seek verification from all sources about anything we believe. We who follow Islam are constant doubters who are expected to be responsible for what we believe and to always seek truth and not follow on blind faith. We question all things and do not believe unless we can justify the reason for believing.

Three of the things we learn to use as tools in our searching are the Quran, the Ahadith and the fiqh-ul-Sunnah. In addition we do our best to seek other works such as historical records, traditions, anything available that we can verify through other sources.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What my Brother has posted is not from the Qur'an. Those quotes are from the Ahadith. The Ahadith are the eyewitness accounts of what indivuals saw and heard. In these particular ones the witnesses to these accounts were:

Abu Dharr al-Ghifari

the son of Abbas

and

Abu Harayrah

We do not follow the word of any single individual and are obligated to seek verification from all sources about anything we believe. We who follow Islam are constant doubters who are expected to be responsible for what we believe and to always seek truth and not follow on blind faith. We question all things and do not believe unless we can justify the reason for believing.

Three of the things we learn to use as tools in our searching are the Quran, the Ahadith and the fiqh-ul-Sunnah. In addition we do our best to seek other works such as historical records, traditions, anything available that we can verify through other sources.
Yes, I know that's from the Hadith. But, just as in the quotations the OP used, it's all second or third hand evidence: "So and so heard from so and so that Mohammad said," or something like that. So far as I know, there were no direct, eye-witnesses to Muhammad's conversations with the Archangel except for his wife on a few occassions. Yet, even she claims nothing more than to have heard what he said.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Yes, I know that's from the Hadith. But, just as in the quotations the OP used, it's all second or third hand evidence: "So and so heard from so and so that Mohammad said," or something like that. So far as I know, there were no direct, eye-witnesses to Muhammad's conversations with the Archangel except for his wife on a few occassions. Yet, even she claims nothing more than to have heard what he said.
Do you apply the same standard to the Christian Bible?

Who was around to record it when Jesus was supposedly alone in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:04 PM

33,538 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I have no idea how anyone with one iota of common sense could voluntarily align themselves with this archaic violent religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam