U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM

15,512 posts, read 17,740,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narashansa View Post
very important question indeed!

Quote:
Pig is the most dirty animal
My dog is the dirtiest animal. She will not overlook an oportunity to roll in any rotting cow carcass. She acts so proud of her odor and the bits of gore stuck to her fur like she is a real badarse.

So don't eat my dog.

Quote:
Pig is the most shameless animal
I once say a bull ox humping a fencepost. Never seen a pig do that.

So don't eat beef.

Quote:
Pig is the most dangerous animal
Considering that the mosquito carries more fatal diseases than any other animal that result in untold thousands of human deaths each year, the mosquito is the most dangerous animal.

So don't eat mosquitos.

Now if I can only figure out how to form a religion based on my idea of not eating dogs, beef and mosquitos...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 01:51 PM

656 posts, read 932,651 times
Prosciutto is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

(with apologies to Ben Franklin)

Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,061,422 times
i'm ready for a BLT

Old 05-11-2011, 08:51 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,637,223 times
It might have something to do with this:

Surah 5:60

Say: Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah. those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped evil;- these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!

Al-Bukhari

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." (Book #69, Hadith #494v)

Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM

8,339 posts, read 9,801,373 times
I say we tax all religious organizations up the yahoo, and use that money to fund real, effective and mandatory science education. To read what people believe in this thread is pathetic. Ancient mythologies and fairy tales dictating how some in modern times live, down to even what they eat..it's all craziness. <chews on some mythological evil entity's meat strips>

Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 3,662 times
Hi , I noticed most of the replies are not correct.

1. To make it short. As a human pork is edible.
2. As a muslim pork is edible too.
3. A muslim can eat pork on purpose, accidentally or when emergencies.
4. When eating pork on purpose is said to be a sin and prayers wont be accepted by god in 40 days
and if that guy dies within the 40 days he died not a muslim...Thats all.
5. Islam is very lenien. Its the bastard fanatics who spoiled the islam religion.

Moderator cut: email solicitation

Last edited by june 7th; 06-30-2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,964,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinewebsearcher View Post
we all know that muslims HATE pigs and other animals of that species. but has anyone ever wondered why that is. it seems very irrational, its just a animal after all (granted not the prettiest )

just wondering if anyone knew the roots of this islamic hatred and fear of piggys
Just another silly superstition from times of ignorance and fear. The simplistic "that's the way we've always done it" of a failure to learn and grow.

However, I'll be smoking some mighty fine baby back pork ribs on my smoker for the 4th

Old 07-01-2012, 12:38 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
People seem to make things too complex. We do not eat pork for the simple reason, because we are forbidden to eat it. No other reason is needed. Pork could be the most delicious and healthiest of meats, we still could not eat it as it is forbidden for us to.

Now why did Allaah(swt) forbid it to us? some possible reasons:

It is a form of sacrifice on our part to give up something.

It is an unhealthy meat.

A pig can not be slaughted humanely in a halal manner. It takes them too long to die, it is almost impossible to sever both carotid arteries with a single fast cut, the pig feels too much pain. because it takes to long to kill them.

Pigs are extremely intelligent, and are aware they are being slaughtered.

The reason could be any one of those, all of them or something different. It makes no difference, the only fact we need know with our limited knowledge is it is forbidden.

On a side note, I gave up eating pork long before I accepted Islam. At one time I actually raised them. Slaughtering them became too traumatic for me I found them to be too intelligent and saw the terror in their eyes as they were led to slaughter. It was brutal and almost comparable with killing a child. We don't require pigs, so why kill such a wondrous creature.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,021 times
pork is haraam in islam so it is not beeing eat

Old 08-30-2012, 09:43 PM

7,576 posts, read 2,435,663 times
There is nothing irrational about it. The reasons have been give here. I am not Muslim, but I also do not consume pork for religious reasons (which are intertwined with health).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or