U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 10:02 PM

23 posts, read 10,210 times

Advertisements

It's forbidden to eat it just like the Jews. Am Jesus according said I HAVE NOT COME TO CANCEL LAWS OF THE PROPHETS. So pork is banned for you too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 04:42 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,306,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
I am glad the ppor Pig is spared form some folks.It has the intelligence of a 5yr old and the way animals suffer in the slaughter houses is shameful.

It is said "If a slaughter house had glass windows no one would eat meat"
No-one thinks about the suffering when they get their meat all nicely cut and packaged.
Yet they wouldn't subject their dog to such treatment.
This is the first logical reason I've seen here to not eat pork. They are smart animals, and can be rather cute.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:46 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,306,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You have your self stated you support the cruelity of pig slaughtering.

While the videos you just posted are "so called Halal slaughter" not one of them meets the standard for Halal. For one thing to be halal an animal can not be slaughtered within view of another animal.

I will agree that for profit there are evil people using improper methods and calling it Halal in order to reach the Muslim Market. Which is one reason I am essentially a vegetarian as I do not trust the halal label in the USA. My own findings is that which is labelled halal often is not.

It is extremely expensive to raise and slaughter an animal halal. To begin with an animal raised for slaughter
has to be treated with extreme kindness, fed only the best foods and treated as a very loved and appreciated animal. The slaughter has to take place away from all other animals, the animal must be completely relaxed and not experience any trauma.

Proper Halal has been shown to be virtually painless

Sunday, 6th March 2016
Summary report

Experiments for the objectification of pain and consciousness during conventional (captive bolt stunning) and religiously mandated (“ritual cutting”) slaughter procedures for sheep and calves.

From

Deutsche Tieraerztliche Wochenschrift (German veterinary weekly) volume 85 (1978), pages 62-66

translated by Dr Sahib M. Bleher, Dip Trans MIL

By W. Schulze, H. Schultze-Petzold, A.S. Hazem, and R. Gross

The Animal Welfare Act of 24 July 1972 (TierSchG) assumes the basic concept of an ethically orientated animal welfare legislation. It further stipulates that the standards for evaluating the obligation to protect animals should not so much be the result of human sensitivities and emotional, but to be increasingly replaced by exact and representative scientific knowledge of standards and requirements specific to animal species and correspondent to their behaviour (Ertl. 1972). The Act thus conforms to the changing attitude of man to the life circumstances and legitimate welfare entitlements of animals, a development which can also be noticed internationally.
The Halal Study

For the full report and findings click on the link

I also stopped eating pork long before I accepted Islam. I was actually raising pigs for slaughter at the time and after watching one of my pigs being slaughtered I swore off pork and began advocating to end the cruelty to pigs
The whole "meat factory" idea made meat sickening to me many years ago. I feel healthier without it, and no guilt for the horrible treatment of the animals.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:37 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The whole "meat factory" idea made meat sickening to me many years ago. I feel healthier without it, and no guilt for the horrible treatment of the animals.
Visiting a slaughterhouse is sufficient reason for a person to be vegetarian. I used to raise pigs until I saw them slaughtered, that ended pork for me and that was long before I accepted Islam. I am not 100% vegan but do shun all "Factory raised" meat. I will on occasion eat Halal or Kosher meat if I am absolutely certain it was raised properly and the slaughter was with minimal pain. I have seen proper halal and Kosher slaughters and they are far less traumatic than what occurs in a "Meat Factory"

I am not certain if stunning actually eliminates pain. I spent 3 months or so comatose after serious injuries and I will tell you I was very much aware of pain during that time. I still have very vivid memories of when the surgeons began to reconstruct my arm I was not given any anesthesia as I was unconscious. I was very much aware of what was taking place, but unable to respond to it. I still remember the pain of that surgery and that occurred in 1963 My own belief is a stunned animal feels pain, but is not able to respond to it.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 04-22-2016, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 662 times
This is little traditional and a contrasting situation between religions. (islam and christianity)

I tried a few times but I did not like too much pork.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:15 PM

23 posts, read 16,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinewebsearcher View Post
we all know that muslims HATE pigs and other animals of that species. but has anyone ever wondered why that is. it seems very irrational, its just a animal after all (granted not the prettiest )

just wondering if anyone knew the roots of this islamic hatred and fear of piggys
The same reason Christians should hate pork, and the same reason Jews hate pork.

Deuteronomy 14:8 - "The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses."

Old 09-20-2016, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 313 times
"you know well the story of those among you who broke Sabbath."

"Allah changed their bodies into those of monkeys and swines. The young people turned into monkeys while the old people turned into swine.''

The Monkeys and Swine that exist now are not the Descendants of Those that were transformed

But you can't tell 'them' that. Technically you can't even get 'them' to admit it.

Truth is free. A lie must be sold.

Some Jewish scholars say that kashrut should be categorized as laws for which there is no particular explanation, since the human mind is not always capable of understanding divine intentions. In this line of thinking, the dietary laws were given as a demonstration of God's authority, and man must obey without asking why.

Last edited by sir2th; 09-20-2016 at 08:41 PM..

Old 09-20-2016, 10:36 PM

2,050 posts, read 664,118 times
This is one of the reasons
Said Attia Salem to explain to be desired: If we look at the presence of qualities in animals and we found affect human if more than eat her flesh, and we found scientists to talk too much about it, including Abu Hayyan God's mercy, where he said the wisdom of the prohibition on pork, he said: It is the nature of this animal's lack of jealousy, then male is not jealous of the female partner, it is more than eat his flesh to flesh impact on instinct jealousy him, weakening even becomes jealous of his wives. Oh
But the main reason is that the Koran was based on previous books it
Including the Torah prohibition took them on food
That's why I think that Islam did not come up with something new in the prohibition of pork because Jews preceded him in this

Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
This is one of the reasons
Said Attia Salem to explain to be desired: If we look at the presence of qualities in animals and we found affect human if more than eat her flesh, and we found scientists to talk too much about it, including Abu Hayyan God's mercy, where he said the wisdom of the prohibition on pork, he said: It is the nature of this animal's lack of jealousy, then male is not jealous of the female partner, it is more than eat his flesh to flesh impact on instinct jealousy him, weakening even becomes jealous of his wives. Oh
But the main reason is that the Koran was based on previous books it
Including the Torah prohibition took them on food
That's why I think that Islam did not come up with something new in the prohibition of pork because Jews preceded him in this
Islam is nothing new. It was not introduced as a new religion, The Qur'an teaches what was previously taught in the past scriptures of Jews. Sabeeans and Christians.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-23-2016, 12:41 PM

4,431 posts, read 1,654,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir2th View Post
"you know well the story of those among you who broke Sabbath."

"Allah changed their bodies into those of monkeys and swines. The young people turned into monkeys while the old people turned into swine.''

The Monkeys and Swine that exist now are not the Descendants of Those that were transformed

But you can't tell 'them' that. Technically you can't even get 'them' to admit it.

Truth is free. A lie must be sold.

Some Jewish scholars say that kashrut should be categorized as laws for which there is no particular explanation, since the human mind is not always capable of understanding divine intentions. In this line of thinking, the dietary laws were given as a demonstration of God's authority, and man must obey without asking why.
By the mouth of a Jewish Rabbi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REb8HNM1z6E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or