U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiranNoor View Post
PORK IS HARAM IN ISLAM! A lot of people misconstrue Islam's forbiddance of pork consumption as mere obsolete historical belief but it's actually based on real medical facts as illustrated below. The following was discovered many centuries ago upon the dawn of Islam but no logical explanation was ever offered on the rule...until now. If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, and wait a little while, you will SEE Worms crawl out of it. A message from the Health Corporation of Singapore about the Bad effects of pork consumption Pig's bodies contain MANY TOXINS, WORMS and LATENT DISEASES. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far MORE PREDISPOSED to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because PIGS like to SCAVENGE and will eat ANY kind of food, INCLUDING dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, reta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs. INFLUENZA (flu) is one of the MOST famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the LUNGS of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so THOSE who EAT pork sausage tend to SUFFER MORE during EPIDEMICS of INFLUENZA. Pig meat contains EXCESSIVE quantities of HISTAMINE and IMIDAZOLE compounds, which can lead to ITCHING and INFLAMMATION; GROWTH HORMONE which PROMOTES INFLAMMATION and growth; sulfur containing mesenchymal mucus which leads to SWELLING and deposits of MUCUS in tendons and cartilage, resulting in ATHRITIS, RHEUMATISM, etc. Sulfur helps cause FIRM human tendons and ligaments to be replaced by the pig's soft mesenchymal tissues, and degeneration of human cartilage. Eating pork can also lead to GALLSTONES and OBESITY, probably due to its HIGH CHOLESTEROL and SATURATED FAT content. The pig is the MAIN CARRIER of the TAENIA SOLIUM WORM, which is found in its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tape-worms can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage. One in six people in the US and Canada has TRICHINOSIS from eating trichina worms, which are found in pork. Many people have NO SYMPTOMS to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are NOT noticed during meat inspections.(NST, Singapore)
Pardon the pun, but this urban legend is pure hog wash.

United States

From 1997-2001, 72 cases were reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Most cases were associated with eating wild game (43%), although 17% were associated with commercial pork products and another 13% from noncommercial pork products. Infections may also occur during foreign travel, especially to Mexico and Asia. The percentage of infected domestic swine in the United States is 0.001%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 05:44 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Maybe the OP got it backwards: why are there people who DON'T hate pork? (Oh, wait, gosh darn it...I forgot that I'm Jewish. I might be biased!)

Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
Default heaven hates ham

If you believe science you would know that this "abominable" beast is one of our fairly close cousins. It shares a great deal of our DNA, and there have lately been welcome transplants of skin, heart , valves, and kidneys from pigs to humans. I have heard that porcophobia Muslim zealots in Europe are demanding that Miss Piggy be removed from the innocent gaze of their children. Maybe I'm confused. Why would the creator of all things designed such a versatile creature and then command man to avoid it altogether or risk eternal displeasure?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,554 times
This is the rational reason why moslems not eat the pork

[url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcG5m6xUfeo[/url]

Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 AM

4,639 posts, read 5,099,563 times
Wise to not eat any meat. Unless you are starving, and most people are far from starving. Pigs will stomp you when they are full ? Humans can kill you when they are full, or hungry. Lambs are meek, so it's easier to kill them, so they are better than pigs ? The obsession with blood in religion is disconcerting.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 AM

4,639 posts, read 5,099,563 times
I served the "veggie" sausages once, and no one even guessed they weren't pork. I had to show them the ingredient panel on the box. Tofurky makes some really good meat alternatives.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 AM

8,701 posts, read 11,839,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
im not sure if i get what u mean: google channel , but if ur implying i should use google and find a source for the argument then ur right, i could have, but i am lazy...
No....really? Well knock me over with a feather.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 AM

241 posts, read 391,224 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I had some good Muslim friends when I was in high school. They were all college guys here in the states...getting an education and going back home. I found it HYSTERICAL when we would go out. They would go out for PIZZA at LEAST 4-5 times a week!
Now you wouldn't catch them eating pork chops or even sausage...ya know, the whole pork thing. Finally, once I felt comfortable enough with them to "enlighten" them a bit, I explained to them what PEPPERONI is made of (as well as the bacon) on their Meat Lovers pizza .
So here they were, ordering pizza NO SAUSAGE, because it's pork, yet they had NO IDEA that the pizza had bacon on it, nor did they know that pepperoni has pork in it!
They were a bit shocked, and it was all in good fun...

BTW, they still ate pepperoni on their pizza anyway

THAT IS SO FUNNT i HAVE DONE THAT TO SOME OF MY MUSLIM FRIEND WHO LOVES MY BRUNSWICK STEW AND WHEN THEY FOUND OUT PORK WAS IN IT THEY KEPT EATING AND ASKED ALLAH TO FORGIVE THEM LOL.THEY STILL WANT MY STEW WHEN THEY COME OVER,I TELL THEM THEY ARE NOT REAL MUSLIM

Old 09-02-2009, 10:31 AM

8,701 posts, read 11,839,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
THAT IS SO FUNNT i HAVE DONE THAT TO SOME OF MY MUSLIM FRIEND WHO LOVES MY BRUNSWICK STEW AND WHEN THEY FOUND OUT PORK WAS IN IT THEY KEPT EATING AND ASKED ALLAH TO FORGIVE THEM LOL.THEY STILL WANT MY STEW WHEN THEY COME OVER,I TELL THEM THEY ARE NOT REAL MUSLIM

You might want to turn off your Caps Lock.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM

7 posts, read 12,820 times
Pork is forbidden wisdom of God
We do not doubt for one moment that the pig is dirty and filthy animal, the fruit is harmful to human beings, then it lives on dirt and filth, which is unacceptable to the proper and self-repulsive and refuses to address it, because it is a breach of the printing and temperament appropriate to the Almighty God created it.
Secondly: With regard to harm caused by eating pork on the human body, modern science has proved a sentence
Pork is the most common types of meat that contain the most cholesterol, which are associated with increased in human blood increase the chances of atherosclerosis. The fatty acids in pork are different from an unusual fatty acids in other foods, making them more easily absorbed than others in other foods and thereby increase blood cholesterol
Contributes to meat and pork fat in the spread of cancer of the colon and rectum, prostate, breast and blood
Pork meat and pork fat contribute to obesity and related diseases that are difficult to treat
Eating pork leads to scabies, allergies and stomach ulcers
Eating pork causes lung infections which result from tapeworms, lungworms and microbial infections of the lungs.Now swine flu is widespread in the world and is the scourge of the Lord of the Worlds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or