U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2011, 07:37 AM
 
591 posts, read 560,801 times
Reputation: 66

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Oh - Where to begin?????.......

1.) I said nothing about respecting Islam. I said to respect the poster. This means not slamming his faith with your constant rants. All you are doing is repeating the same things post after post. He has been nothing but cordial while responding to you.

2.) People don't argue with you (or respond to you in general) because they have accepted the fact that discussing anything with you rationally is like trying to clap with one hand.

3.) I don't demand anything from you. Although, it would be nice if you got a life or something.

4.) Getting all Islamic? I have NO respect for Islam. It is a false religion as far as I'm concerned. BUT..... You need to learn how to discuss things you feel strongly about with some level of tact. You also need some grammar lessons as well, but that is aside the point.

You demanded I respect his beliefs. Hence, you demanded I respect Islam. They are not arguing with me because if they did, it would be acknoledging the fact that Muhammad committed HORRIBLE acts of evil against mankind in many different ways. They don't argue with me. They just sit back and wish peace apon, and cover up all the evils of Muhammad and Islam.

 
Old 05-24-2011, 07:39 AM
 
591 posts, read 560,801 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Thank You. I do not consider harbingers of hate to be Christian.

Although I disagree with Christian teachings, I have no animosity towards Christians and I do not let the words of those with hardened hearts to cause me to think they represent Christianity.

By weishing peace apon Muhammad, you show your support for a man far worse than Hitler. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and anything Holy(any other religion at all). You don't have any problem with his hatred.
 
Old 05-24-2011, 08:24 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,793 posts, read 7,963,042 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
You demanded I respect his beliefs. Hence, you demanded I respect Islam. They are not arguing with me because if they did, it would be acknoledging the fact that Muhammad committed HORRIBLE acts of evil against mankind in many different ways. They don't argue with me. They just sit back and wish peace apon, and cover up all the evils of Muhammad and Islam.

No, he asked that you respect Woodrow, himself. Not his beliefs.

Your attitude is not very Christ-like, IMO, for all your claimed piety. Welcome to my ignore list - at least I won't have to wade through your incessant ranting anymore!
 
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, he asked that you respect Woodrow, himself. Not his beliefs.

Your attitude is not very Christ-like, IMO, for all your claimed piety. Welcome to my ignore list - at least I won't have to wade through your incessant ranting anymore!
Peaceful dialogue does not require agreement. Many people whose company I enjoy the most are those who I disagree with.

People stagnate if they stop thinking. Once a person shuts his mind and can not see that people have reasons for their differences, they cut themselves off from much of life. A closed mind, fast becomes a believer in misconceptions and the person becomes a follower of lies, and soon ceases to love mankind and loves only his own thoughts.

Fortunately most people in this world do understand that those who think different, have reasons to do so. You can not change a person by telling him he is wrong, as it is impossible to prove a negative. But, you can gain tolerance if not agreement if you stress the positive of what you find to be true.

May all people learn to agree to disagree without malice. May we all learn we are all inhabitants on this planet and we do need to share the little space that is allotted for us.

We need never agree or even like each others beliefs, but we all need to understand and see that we each have a reason for being as we are.
 
Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,133 posts, read 20,819,764 times
Reputation: 8293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
You demanded I respect his beliefs. Hence, you demanded I respect Islam. They are not arguing with me because if they did, it would be acknoledging the fact that Muhammad committed HORRIBLE acts of evil against mankind in many different ways. They don't argue with me. They just sit back and wish peace apon, and cover up all the evils of Muhammad and Islam.
Using your ruler we should have shipped all germans and Japanese "back home" after World War II
 
Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,572 posts, read 21,715,728 times
Reputation: 18115
When discussions drift off topic or result in sidebar debates it is time to move on....

closed
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting and sub forums
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top