U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 PM
 
5,091 posts, read 8,068,874 times
Reputation: 3066

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
When a woman drives, presumably she is no longer under the protection of a man, (or, he would be driving). Without the protection of a man she is vulnerable to many dangers. Again, it is only the welfare of the woman that is of concern here. Imagine how many women in THIS COUNTRY go missing and end up in shallow graves who might not otherwise have met such a horrible fate if a man had been with them to protect them.

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to the mothers and fathers of the thousands of girls who go missing and end up dead, it is a very big deal.

20yrsinBranson
And THAT'S the only reason why Saudi Arabia prevents women from driving? Seems to me a little common sense would be to lock the car doors and stick to safe public places with plenty of people around. What about being able to drive in the event of an emergency? Somehow I suspect there may be a little more to the issue than what you suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,978,743 times
Reputation: 5074
So, since men cannot be expected to control their behavior, women must pay the price by not being allowed to drive? I'm with you, NightBazaar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 AM
 
570 posts, read 636,704 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
Women's rights in Saudi Arabia

All women, regardless of age, are required to have a male guardian.
We treat our Women like princes .. a treasure ... they are walking with bodyguards to Protect and serve them .. we don't want them to experience the same dangers that your women experienced and go through every single moment .
Women are Physically weak .. they need to be protected from psychosis .
232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006. That's more than 600 women every day
"National Crime Victimization Survey"
We dont need this s***t in our life !!

Quote:
Women cannot vote or be elected to high political positions
.
There is nothing in Islam Prevents women from that .. its just merely a social custom on its way to extinction .
And please do not forget that Women did not gain the right to vote in federal elections until 1971 !!!
Ok now .. What year did America get independence ?
Technically in 1783 when the war was over .. you wated 188 years to give women the the right to vote ... Saudi arabia is just a 60 years old country .. so dont you think that you are rushing us too much !!
patience my friend

Quote:
Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that prohibits women from driving.
So what !!
What is it with you and driving ? Why is it a big deal to you ?!!
Our women in saudi arabia have their own private drivers.
Is there any woman in the world who dont want to have a private driver ?!!
However, There is a solution to this issue on the way .
So again patience my friend

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 05-23-2011 at 07:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM
 
147 posts, read 133,341 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Women's rights in Saudi Arabia

All women, regardless of age, are required to have a male guardian. Women cannot vote or be elected to high political positions. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that prohibits women from driving. The World Economic Forum 2009 Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 130th out of 134 countries for gender parity. It was the only country to score a zero in the category of political empowerment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2...n_Saudi_Arabia
driving for women not taboo the Saudi arabia want to be Conservative not more this is from customs not from Islam there is no verses from quran for that look at other Islamic country the women driving and Contribute in political positions but There are conditions for driving [tell her family where she go -return to home early because may be some boys harm her i will give you true story happed for woman she was driving at night some boys follow her she make accident and Paralyzed i swear --there is story happened to my family i swear my Aunt was driving at night with her children lot of men Flirts her and they see to her in bad way for this it is better to her return early -----other condition drive in Public places because if some thing happened to her can found someone help her ]i will tell you some thing if you see any bad Muslim person do not relate him or her to islam because he or she did not follow the rules of islam here is true stories about people they called them self Muslim the boss of my mother biggest Thief and there are lot of people thief -boy go with women without married -men kill other men for Stupid reasons while the kill is taboo -look at the Presidents of Arab country in this days they impossible be Muslim look at this verses from quran about kill in the name of god[ And relate to them the story of the two sons of Adam with truth when they both offered an offering, but it was accepted from one of them and was not accepted from the other. He said: I I will most certainly slay you. (The other) said: Allah only accepts from those who guard (against evil).

"5.28": If you will stretch forth your hand towards me to slay me, I am not one to stretch forth my hand towards you to slay you surely I fear Allah, the Lord of the worlds:

"5.29": Surely I wish that you should bear the sin committed against me and your own sin, and so you would be of the inmates of the fire, and this is the recompense of the unjust.

"5.30": Then his mind facilitated to him the slaying of his brother so he slew him; then he became one of the losers

"5.31": Then Allah sent a crow digging up the earth so that he might show him how he should cover the dead body of his brother. He said: Woe me! do I lack the strength that I should be like this crow and cover the dead body of my brother? So he became of those who regret.

"5.32": For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our apostles came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.] look here other verses what must the president do Consultation the people but no one practice of president in the name of allah][ And those who. shun the great sins and indecencies, and whenever they are angry they forgive.

"42.38": And those who respond to their Lord and keep up prayer, and their rule is to take counsel among themselves, and who spend out of what We have given them.] for this most Arab Retarded because they did not practice the rules of Islam do not forget the Muslim in the past Cause of Sciences [Ibn Sina, Al-Razi ,,,,,,] because they were honest and practice the islam but now little of muslim practice all rules of islam http://youtu.be/b-y_u9mZ-Vg

Last edited by ashkarloveALLAH; 05-23-2011 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,978,743 times
Reputation: 5074
Isn't it interesting how verses from 'holy books' are so often dragged out to justify repression and ill-treatment? Or even, in the case of the above, to distract, since the verses have little or nothing to do with the subject at hand? I suppose we are supposed to be so overawed by the alleged wisdom contained therein as to forget all about our objections. Sorry, ain't buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
 
5,091 posts, read 8,068,874 times
Reputation: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
We treat our Women like princes .. a treasure ... they are walking with bodyguards to Protect and serve them .. we don't want them to experience the same dangers that your women experienced and go through every single moment .
Women are Physically weak .. they need to be protected from psychosis .
232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006. That's more than 600 women every day
"National Crime Victimization Survey"
We dont need this s***t in our life !!
I think nearly everyone here agrees that rape and any kind of physical abuse (which includes beatings) against women (or men) is a very serious crime that deserves very harsh and serious punishment. Even if there was only one attack, that's one attack too many.

That said, your argument is extremely weak. There is no evidence to suggest that women who drive are also at risk of being raped or sexually assaulted. Ironically though, the rape and assault of foreign women (especially women from SE Asia) working as maids in private homes is not unheard of in Saudi Arabia where such women are sometimes treated like slaves. Are these women given the same protective bodyguards you mentioned when going out in public?

While the incident of rape is admirably low in Saudi Arabia, it's hard to say how many incidents go unreported because of fear, shame or helplessness felt by the victims. Regardless, rapes do occur in Saudi Arabia. That's not to say such violence it typical of all Saudis, but I do think your comments only sweep aside such problems in Saudi Arabia by focusing on flaws in the U.S. for having similar problems.
MORE SAUDI MAID ABUSE: MAID RAPED BY TWO SAUDI NATIONALS……. |

Battered Indonesian maid in Saudi police hands | The Jakarta Post

Saudi diplomat is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
And THAT'S the only reason why Saudi Arabia prevents women from driving? Seems to me a little common sense would be to lock the car doors and stick to safe public places with plenty of people around. What about being able to drive in the event of an emergency? Somehow I suspect there may be a little more to the issue than what you suggest.
Visit Saudi some day and be on the road during an unexpected sandstorm. In spite of the modern large cities such as Riyadh, much of Saudi is very rugged terrain with many hazards. Sort of like Rural North Dakota, only hotter.

Actually there is little need for either men or woman to drive in Saudi. although like in many places people are now becoming addicted to Automobiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
 
Location: around the way
656 posts, read 932,506 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
So what !!
What is it with you and driving ? Why is it a big deal to you ?!!
Our women in saudi arabia have their own private drivers.
Is there any woman in the world who dont want to have a private driver ?!!
However, There is a solution to this issue on the way .
So again patience my friend
Most people, men or women, would like the option to drive themselves if their own personal "private driver" is sick, busy, or just not feeling like they want to bother today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,961,439 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
We treat our Women like princes .. a treasure ... they are walking with bodyguards to Protect and serve them .. we don't want them to experience the same dangers that your women experienced and go through every single moment .
Women are Physically weak .. they need to be protected from psychosis .
232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006. That's more than 600 women every day
"National Crime Victimization Survey"
We dont need this s***t in our life !!

And if they are raped, you throw acid in their face as a reward. Don't click if you're a bit squeamish.

Spoiler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And if they are raped, you throw acid in their face as a reward. Don't click if you're a bit squeamish.
Sadly that does happen primarily among Muslims from India or whose family originated in India. Even one incident is too many this concept of "Family Honor" is a horrific carry over of family traditions.

We are human and as such we are sinners, even some very evil sinners walk among us. None of us are responsible for the actions of others. each person is the only one responsible for his deeds. Those who do such things will be held accountable for their evil if not in this Dunya they will in the Akhira.

Does this group represent Christianity?

Quote:
National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT)
Objectives
The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) was formed in December 1989 for the purpose of seceding from India in order to create an "independent" Christian fundamentalist state of Tripura.
History & Foundation

Most wanted terrorist mastermind of the NLFT, Kamini Debbarma

The Baptist Church of Tripura was initially set up by Missionaries from New Zealand in the 1940’s. Despite their efforts, even until 1980, only a few thousand people in Tripura had converted to Christianity. Realizing this, the Church used one of its most efficient and time-tested weapons of evangelization - creating racial and ethnic divide among the people. In the aftermath of one of the worst ethnic riots, engineered by the Church, the NLFT was born in 1989 -- but not without the midwife role of the Baptist Church. From its very inception, the NLFT has been advancing the cause of Christianity through armed compulsion. Every trace of indigenous culture and religion is being eliminated through violent means. Every resisting group is made to bleed its way to extinction.
SOURCE

Off course not, neither does every lunatic represent Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top