U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM

30,925 posts, read 31,815,566 times

Advertisements

A 16-year-old girl who was raped in Bangladesh has been given 101 lashes for conceiving during the assault. Her rapist was pardoned by the elders.

Saudi Arabian woman was gang raped and then sentenced to six months in prison and 200 lashes after she spoke out to protest the lenient sentences given her attackers.

On October 30, 2008, the United Nations condemned the stoning to death of Aisha Duhulowa, a 13-year-old girl who had been gang-raped and then sentenced to death by a Sharia court for fornication. You might think that such horrific barbarity cannot be the real Sharia law; that it is a misapplication of the law by ignorant clergy. Sadly, neither is true. How Sharia Law Punishes Raped Women

The photograph above is of a fourteen-year old girl called Hena. It was taken shortly before she died. She was a victim of rape but it was not the rape that caused her death, but Islamic sharia law.
ADRIAN MORGAN: SHARIA LAW: RAPE VICTIMS ARE PUNISHED AND KILLED | RUTHFULLY YOURS

Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the Muslim cleric currently on a controversial visit to Britain, believes that female rape victims should be punished if dressed "immodestly" when assaulted. 'For her to be absolved from guilt, a raped woman must have shown good conduct' - Telegraph

MANILA, Philippines -An alliance of Filipino migrant organizations on Thursday blamed the government for its alleged inaction on the case of an OFW who was a victim of rape in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

In a press statement, Migrante International said the OFW's family fears that Saudi authorities would soon carry out the 100 lashes penalty before releasing Camille (not her real name).
An OFW is an Overseas Filipino Worker.
Saudi Arabia: Rape victim now faces 100 lashes for the crime of being raped - Jihad Watch

Now tell me again that Islam is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM

15,315 posts, read 10,366,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
We treat our Women like princes ..
Try treating them like princesses instead.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM

591 posts, read 561,676 times
AFTER he killed their husbands, fathers, and brothers, I wonder if Muhammad claimed to have loved and treated all his Jewish sex slaves with respect.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Isn't it interesting how verses from 'holy books' are so often dragged out to justify repression and ill-treatment? Or even, in the case of the above, to distract, since the verses have little or nothing to do with the subject at hand? I suppose we are supposed to be so overawed by the alleged wisdom contained therein as to forget all about our objections. Sorry, ain't buying it.
To simplify and explain a little clearer. There is nothing in the Qur'an that would or could be understood as forbidding women from driving. The Ban is a Saudi thing for reasons of culture and concern about safety. It is not based on any Islamic ruling.

Woman do drive in nearly all of the Islamic Countries with the exception of Saudi and some of the UAE countries. Any ruling forbidding driving is cultural and not religion based.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:52 AM

15,315 posts, read 10,366,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The Ban is a Saudi thing for reasons of culture and concern about safety.
Wish they had the same in Europe.

....Running for cover!!

Old 05-24-2011, 11:57 AM

15,849 posts, read 30,405,931 times
If these women follow the law there is no opportunity for them to be raped. I am not saying that what happened to them is right, but the bottom line is that IN EACH CASE, if they would have been properly chaperoned then NONE of these gang rapes/rapes would have occurred to begin with.

I read a story once about a young Muslim girl who was home alone when someone knocked at the door. She looked outside and saw that it was the young man who lived next door. Thinking.... "Oh, it will be ok", she answered the door, let him in to the house and was raped.

First of all, a Muslim woman is FORBIDDEN to be alone with any man that is not a family member. So she broke the rules and she paid for it.

Although I do not know the circumstances of the unfortunate women that are mentioned in the post about rape offenses, I am willing wager quite high that ALL OF THEM were breaking the rules. They were unchaperoned and vulnerable and paid the price.

Before you tell me what barbarians Muslim men must be, think about what would happen to a 14 year old girl who would venture into the ghetto of Detroit or Chicago or Los Angeles. There are good and bad men everywhere. These incidents are highlighted by the media in this country because it vilifies Islam, which is what the press is hired to do.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Wish they had the same in Europe.

....Running for cover!!
I'll add North Dakota, especially around Fargo and Bismarck. Now I have to hide. We have to go to Fargo in a couple of hours.

I was surprised to see that Fargo has a rather large Muslim population, about evenly divided between Somali, Iraqi, Afghan and American Born.

I was unaware of the number of Muslims here in North Dakota until I began building a Mosque in Central North Dakota

Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 PM

147 posts, read 133,493 times
Penalty for rape in Islam:
THIS PUNISHMENT IF HE DID NOT Threatens HER BY weapon-
For the rapist punishment for adultery, which is stoning if he was married, and one hundred lashes and deny from his country for one year [this shame for him and warning for any one want to do like him ]
and some of scholars said he must give her dowry after punishment [the punishment and dowry the true one from god and ALLAH WILL FORGIVE HIM IF HE Repents AND ADMIT Of guilt BUT AFTER PUNISHMENT
and dowry for creature]THERE IS NO PUNISHMENT FOR HER 00000000000000 0000000 000000000000000 BUT IF HE Threatens HER BY weapon it would be a warrior,-ALLAH SAID IN QURAN [ The recompense of those who wage war against Allh and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.
34. Except for those who (having fled away and then) came back (as Muslims) with repentance before they fall into your power; in that case, know that Allh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. .] no punishment for her this is sharia of islam if you see opposite the problem with people not from islam
Selects the Governor of the four punishments mentioned in the verse as it deems appropriate, and in the interest of achieving a common security and safety in the community, the assailants reportedly corrupt.
SO SANSPEUR I told you before do not give any bad Muslim or imam and relate him to islam do you know the Gaddafi criminal--- there were Channel it called allibia this channel was the best for me because talk about Islam and the program was very good after the war this channel Support the gaddafi criminal he Buy some of them for Praise him so ask me about what islam says for this matter do not give me any example look what allah said in quran [ O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?
3. Most hateful it is with Allh that you say that which you do not do.]this mean there are Muslim says we are believe but they did not practice the rules of isalm i love who convert to islam because they practice islam rules better then most muslim look here YouTube - ‫

Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM

147 posts, read 133,493 times
i will say again IN LOAD VOICE ISLAM IS MORE THAN PERFECT UNTIL LAST BREATH Witnesses NOT FROM ARAB ONLY AND FROM SOME PEOPLE FROM WEST Do not think I defend ABOUT ISLAM BECAUSE I AM MUSLIM
FOUND THE TRUE IN ISALM MOST PEOPLE HATE ISLAM BUT AFTER READ QURAN AND SUNNAH [IN PURE HEART] THEY CONVERT TO IT THE HONEST PEOPLE WHO READ QURAN SEARCH ABOUT TRUE MEANING NOT FROM ONE WHO HATE ISLAM

Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,820,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
And please do not forget that Women did not gain the right to vote in federal elections until 1971 !!!Ok now .. What year did America get independence ?
Technically in 1783 when the war was over .. you wated 188 years to give women the the right to vote ...
Try 1920, Abdul. 1971 was the year 18-year-olds were allowed to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or