U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2011, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Since many Muslims are illiterate, what choice to they have but to take the word of others? I shed the fantasy of Christianity more than 50 years ago because I found it to be nothing but a bunch of ancient stories...Islam is no different, and many of the stories are the same. I find very little truth in either religion. It boggles my mind how any rational person can believe 95% of it, let alone see it as some kind of truth...In my opinion there are just too many destructive beliefs in both of these religions, not only for women, but for society as a whole.

Even you have to admit that religious beliefs have impeded human progress for thousands of years, and it's time to stop....Religion has had it's day, and it is time for humanity to discard it.
I do appreciate your honest replies and respect that you believe different than I do. I find Islam to be not only true but also a beautiful way of life.

I do understand you disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,047 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Women's rights in Saudi Arabia

All women, regardless of age, are required to have a male guardian. Women cannot vote or be elected to high political positions. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that prohibits women from driving. The World Economic Forum 2009 Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 130th out of 134 countries for gender parity. It was the only country to score a zero in the category of political empowerment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2...n_Saudi_Arabia

I'm come from saudia ,I'm girl , I say you that prohibits women from driving Has nothing to do with Islam but that is Because of the government and the proofs to that""all women in Islamic countries is driving""

that's it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,047 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
SEE WHAT PROPHET MOHAMMED[PBUH] SAID BEFORE DIE ABOUT WOMAN [
by the Prophet peace be upon him during the Farewell Pilgrimage on
Mount Arafah Mercy has already been revealed by the revelation
promising that "Today I completed your religion and completed My favor
on you and chosen for you Islam as your religion"

Thank
God we praise Him and seek His help and forgiveness and repent to him,
and we seek refuge in Allah from the evils of ourselves and our bad
deeds of God Yehedoh not misleading, and it's not Bob mislead him, and
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah alone with no partner and
I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

I advise you to fear God's Servants of Allah and I urge you to obey Him and bringing Him Who is the best. After "O people, listen to me show you I do not know not to meet you after the years this is my position.

O
people, your blood and honor are forbidden to you to meet your Lord as
sacred as this day in this month of yours in this country - that you
were God, I witness, it is a trust that was Vliwdha has entrusted to
them.

The subject of usury ignorance but you have your capital now onward and spent God it is not riba. The Lord's first start with my uncle Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib.

The
blood of ignorance in place, start with the first blood by the blood of
Amer bin Rabiah ibn al-Harith bin Abdul Muttalib and that exploits
ignorance is placed custodianship, watering and mayors fuel and
quasi-intentional murder is killed with a stick, stone, and the hundred
camel, it is increased from the people of ignorance - you were not God,
I witness .

After
O people, Satan has despaired to worship in your land this, but it may
be obeyed and pleased with things that only burn the Vahdhiroh of your
work on your religion, my people but Alenci increase in disbelief led
astray by those who disbelieve Ihlonh years Ihrmonh Iotioa several
years to what Allah has forbidden Faihloa what Allah has forbidden and denied that Allaah has permitted. The
time has turned Khiith day God created the heavens and the earth, and
the number of months with Allaah is twelve months in the Book of God on
the day God created the heavens and the earth, of which four are sacred
three sequences and one individual: November Dhu'l-Hijjah and Muharram,
and Rajab Mudar which comes between May and August - Do not amounted to God I witness.

After O people, your wives for you and you really right for them. That
you do not Iwatin mattresses other than you, do not dislike anyone
entering your homes and come only with your permission, immorality, but
in a manner, God has authorized you to prevent them from marrying and
Tahjrohn in their beds and Tdharboehn is severely beaten, and heed,
come of the Flikm livelihood and reasonable manner, and urge you to
treat women well, they are like prisoners do
not have anything for themselves, and entrusted them to you but God and
dislike of God Fear of God in women and urge you to treat them good -
Do not hit .... God I witness.

O
people, the Believers are but brothers is not permissible for a man who
has money to his brother, for the same good of it - you were not God I
witness.

There
Trdjan after me hit some of you infidel throats, I have left in you
whether you have received will not go astray after him: the Book of
Allah and the Sunnah of His Prophet, do not you hit ... God, I witness.

O
people, your Lord and one Father and that one of you to Adam and Adam
is from dust sight of God, not the Arab Ajami preferred not to piety -
Do not be reached .... God I witness said yes - the witness said
Filiplg absent.

O
people, that God has divided the legacy of each share of the
inheritance may not be an heir to a will, a will may not be in more
than one-third, and the boy to bed and the adulterer stone. Who
claimed to not take his father or disloyal, the curse of God and the
angels and all the people do not accept the outlay of no justice. Peace be upon you.

LOOK HOW ISLAM HONOR WOMEN please watch all video here it is ex plane of islam

YouTube - ‪woman in islam‬‏


Islam gave to women all their rights that have been usurped before Islam

thanks to allah

your post is great , thanks my brother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
 
147 posts, read 133,293 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, I see that women in many cases are not even allowed to show their faces...This is from your link.
women can show her face and hands only the proof my mother it is not taboo why most women cover her face there are tree kinds from women 1-women does not want any men look to her 2-some girls not beauty for this cover this is taboo because she should satisfied god not looking what is better 3-beauty women many men harms her so why always you look for Figure not Essence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM
 
5,090 posts, read 8,064,121 times
Reputation: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
3-beauty women many men harms her so why always you look for Figure not Essence
That makes no sense. How does a woman showing her face mean the same thing as showing her figure (her body shape)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:44 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,293 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
That makes no sense. How does a woman showing her face mean the same thing as showing her figure (her body shape)?
who told you that some women can not breath with cover there are many different between women cover her body and women do not the men always look at the body of women not for face you know if the women beauty but she is fat he does not want her because she is fat the the men look at women when she where short clothes in bad way the best thing for women the body she should protect the best thing for her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM
 
5,090 posts, read 8,064,121 times
Reputation: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
who told you that some women can not breath with cover there are many different between women cover her body and women do not the men always look at the body of women not for face you know if the women beauty but she is fat he does not want her because she is fat the the men look at women when she where short clothes in bad way the best thing for women the body she should protect the best thing for her
I didn't ask anything about whether a woman can breathe or not with her face covered. And I didn't say anything about short clothes. You said: "3-beauty women many men harms her so why always you look for Figure not Essence", which sounded like that was a reason you were trying to give to explain for why women should cover their face. I'm just saying that a woman could show her face but still have the rest of her figure (the rest of her body) covered. I think if a woman was so fat that no one would be interested in her, it wouldn't make much difference if her face was covered or not becaause she'd still look overweight, even if she was covered from head to toe. It's not always about how fat or thin a woman is. If she's a good person and has a good personality, there are men who would still be interested in her. Are you saying that Muslim men only like beautiful women who have a thin figure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,293 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Since many Muslims are illiterate, what choice to they have but to take the word of others? I shed the fantasy of Christianity more than 50 years ago because I found it to be nothing but a bunch of ancient stories...Islam is no different, and many of the stories are the same. I find very little truth in either religion. It boggles my mind how any rational person can believe 95% of it, let alone see it as some kind of truth...In my opinion there are just too many destructive beliefs in both of these religions, not only for women, but for society as a whole.

Even you have to admit that religious beliefs have impeded human progress for thousands of years, and it's time to stop....Religion has had it's day, and it is time for humanity to discard it.
you have big problem do you think the religion is option this life will end soon tell me why GOD CREATE US to live as we like if we follow our desire and no punishment for people i swear no one will stay in this earth because if i hate any one i will kill -i will Steal -i will do bad thing- i will do what i like because god create me to follow my desire -so what the benefit for god to create me if i did not follow his rules ALLAH SAID IN QURAN[ Surat Al-Naziʿat (Arabic: Moderator cut: English only posts per the TOS
And for such as had entertained the fear of standing before their Lord's (tribunal) and had restrained (their) soul from lower desires,
79:41
Their abode will be the Garden.] THIS LIFE IS TEST IF YOU CONTROL YOUR DESIRE BECAUSE YOU FEAR GOD HE WILL ENTER YOU THE PARADISE BUT IF YOU DO THE OPPOSITE WHERE DO YOU THINK WILL GO THE HUMAN MAY BE die in any time so when you meet the god what you will say to him you will say it's time to stop....Religion has had it's day, and it is time for humanity to discard it. after death there is hell or paradise
YouTube - ‫

Last edited by june 7th; 05-25-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,293 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I didn't ask anything about whether a woman can breathe or not with her face covered. And I didn't say anything about short clothes. You said: "3-beauty women many men harms her so why always you look for Figure not Essence", which sounded like that was a reason you were trying to give to explain for why women should cover their face. I'm just saying that a woman could show her face but still have the rest of her figure (the rest of her body) covered. I think if a woman was so fat that no one would be interested in her, it wouldn't make much difference if her face was covered or not becaause she'd still look overweight, even if she was covered from head to toe. It's not always about how fat or thin a woman is. If she's a good person and has a good personality, there are men who would still be interested in her. Are you saying that Muslim men only like beautiful women who have a thin figure?
sorry man when i said beauty women i meant the women cover her face by her choice no one can force her she does not want any one flirting by her beauty i am trying to explain for sanspeur can the muslim women not cover her face because sanspeur always take the figure about Muslim women not essence she think Islam Injustice with women--------------the Muslim men like Ethics of women because he want women learn his children Ethics http://youtu.be/NtmOhskqR9U

Last edited by ashkarloveALLAH; 05-25-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,293 times
Reputation: 20
why prophet mohammed pbuh said[Women deficient in mind and religion]the enemy of Islam said Islam Insult women because they want Maimed Islam the meaning of this hadeth the women deficient in mind [Romance overcome feelings]this is best nature for her from god to make the house comfort this is the meaning ---women deficient in religion mean during Menstruation Islam Exemption her from pray and fasting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top