U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2011, 05:54 PM
 
5,096 posts, read 8,072,332 times
Reputation: 3066

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
sorry man when i said beauty women i meant the women cover her face by her choice no one can force her she does not want any one flirting by her beauty i am trying to explain for sanspeur can the muslim women not cover her face because sanspeur always take the figure about Muslim women not essence she think Islam Injustice with women--------------the Muslim men like Ethics of women because he want women learn his children Ethics YouTube - ‫
Yes, I am a man, but you can call me NB for short.

Sure, if it's a choice of a woman to cover her face, that's okay. Still, I think it would be better to see the face because you can also see the expression of her face when talking. It's not just her beauty. Of course, there's always the possibility she might be very ugly.

Regardless, there are Muslim countries where women do not cover their face and also dress in modest, but more fashionable clothing, not clothes that look like a burlap bag. And even wear the head scarf to cover her hair but not her face. It's not the clothes that teach ethics to the children. Just because a woman hides her face does not mean she is any better at teaching her children ethics than a woman who does not cover her face. Do you see what I mean?

I think you do not understand what Sanspeur is talking about. While customs of a country may be part of it, so is the interpretation of religious views, which sometimes more radically political than they are rreligious. In some countries, it can be a crime for a woman to show her face in public. For example, women have been executed by hanging or beheaded for doing that in Afghanistan for doing that. This was done by the Taliban who are suppose to be religious leaders, but are nothing more than extreme terrorists and criminals of the worst possible kind. So, yes, religion is a part of such customs. In Saudi Arabia, laws are made after consulting certain religious leaders. Laws in Iran are also based on what its religious leaders decide.

This does not mean all Muslims are terrorists or criminals. I know Muslims who are moderate, normal, and kind people like anyone else. But the reason the radical extremists are able to take control of a society is because the moderates do not speak up against them. Sometimes it is because they fear for their own lives and for the lives of their families. So the disease of radicals is often permitted to spread because no one will do anything to stop it.

I will say that the government and courts of Indonesia have taken a stand to prosecute such criminals, such as the criminals responsible for the bombing in Bali and the beheading of three Christian schoolgirls in Indonesia. The girls were murdered just because they were Christian, and because the criminals wanted to send a warning to local residents that the same thing could happen to them. The excuse is because these criminals claim it is part of Islamic teaching and that Allah will bless them for their crimes. Even if it is wrong, religion is still used as a part of it. It doesn't just happen because of Islamic religion, all religions can have extremists because even the Christian and Buddhist religions can have extremists. In all cases, religion is often used as the tool to supposedly "justify" horrible crimes against other human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM
 
40,094 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
So the disease of radicals is often permitted to spread because no one will do anything to stop it.

I will say that the government and courts of Indonesia have taken a stand to prosecute such criminals, such as the criminals responsible for the bombing in Bali and the beheading of three Christian schoolgirls in Indonesia. The girls were murdered just because they were Christian, and because the criminals wanted to send a warning to local residents that the same thing could happen to them. The excuse is because these criminals claim it is part of Islamic teaching and that Allah will bless them for their crimes. Even if it is wrong, religion is still used as a part of it. It doesn't just happen because of Islamic religion, all religions can have extremists because even the Christian and Buddhist religions can have extremists. In all cases, religion is often used as the tool to supposedly "justify" horrible crimes against other human beings.
It has been said . . . "Evil men will do evil things . . . but it takes religion to get good men to do evil things."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 11:06 PM
 
5,096 posts, read 8,072,332 times
Reputation: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has been said . . . "Evil men will do evil things . . . but it takes religion to get good men to do evil things."
You're quite right Mystic. That pretty well sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,496,767 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
When a woman drives, presumably she is no longer under the protection of a man, (or, he would be driving). Without the protection of a man she is vulnerable to many dangers. Again, it is only the welfare of the woman that is of concern here. Imagine how many women in THIS COUNTRY go missing and end up in shallow graves who might not otherwise have met such a horrible fate if a man had been with them to protect them.

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to the mothers and fathers of the thousands of girls who go missing and end up dead, it is a very big deal.

20yrsinBranson
Women all over the world are not under the constant protection of men and yet do just fine. How many men go missing or end up dying from foul play around the world? Simply put, your reasoning is a joke and defies factual reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,496,767 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Visit Saudi some day and be on the road during an unexpected sandstorm. In spite of the modern large cities such as Riyadh, much of Saudi is very rugged terrain with many hazards. Sort of like Rural North Dakota, only hotter.

Actually there is little need for either men or woman to drive in Saudi. although like in many places people are now becoming addicted to Automobiles.
Thanks for another dumb reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,496,767 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If these women follow the law there is no opportunity for them to be raped. I am not saying that what happened to them is right, but the bottom line is that IN EACH CASE, if they would have been properly chaperoned then NONE of these gang rapes/rapes would have occurred to begin with.

I read a story once about a young Muslim girl who was home alone when someone knocked at the door. She looked outside and saw that it was the young man who lived next door. Thinking.... "Oh, it will be ok", she answered the door, let him in to the house and was raped.

First of all, a Muslim woman is FORBIDDEN to be alone with any man that is not a family member. So she broke the rules and she paid for it.

Although I do not know the circumstances of the unfortunate women that are mentioned in the post about rape offenses, I am willing wager quite high that ALL OF THEM were breaking the rules. They were unchaperoned and vulnerable and paid the price.

Before you tell me what barbarians Muslim men must be, think about what would happen to a 14 year old girl who would venture into the ghetto of Detroit or Chicago or Los Angeles. There are good and bad men everywhere. These incidents are highlighted by the media in this country because it vilifies Islam, which is what the press is hired to do.

20yrsinBranson
Are you serious? You are a truly despicable human being (and I use human lightly) to even attempt to assign ANY blame to victims of rape. Those who actually decided to force them into sex are to blame, 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 11:01 AM
 
147 posts, read 133,384 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Yes, I am a man, but you can call me NB for short.

Sure, if it's a choice of a woman to cover her face, that's okay. Still, I think it would be better to see the face because you can also see the expression of her face when talking. It's not just her beauty. Of course, there's always the possibility she might be very ugly.

Regardless, there are Muslim countries where women do not cover their face and also dress in modest, but more fashionable clothing, not clothes that look like a burlap bag. And even wear the head scarf to cover her hair but not her face. It's not the clothes that teach ethics to the children. Just because a woman hides her face does not mean she is any better at teaching her children ethics than a woman who does not cover her face. Do you see what I mean?

I think you do not understand what Sanspeur is talking about. While customs of a country may be part of it, so is the interpretation of religious views, which sometimes more radically political than they are rreligious. In some countries, it can be a crime for a woman to show her face in public. For example, women have been executed by hanging or beheaded for doing that in Afghanistan for doing that. This was done by the Taliban who are suppose to be religious leaders, but are nothing more than extreme terrorists and criminals of the worst possible kind. So, yes, religion is a part of such customs. In Saudi Arabia, laws are made after consulting certain religious leaders. Laws in Iran are also based on what its religious leaders decide.

This does not mean all Muslims are terrorists or criminals. I know Muslims who are moderate, normal, and kind people like anyone else. But the reason the radical extremists are able to take control of a society is because the moderates do not speak up against them. Sometimes it is because they fear for their own lives and for the lives of their families. So the disease of radicals is often permitted to spread because no one will do anything to stop it.

I will say that the government and courts of Indonesia have taken a stand to prosecute such criminals, such as the criminals responsible for the bombing in Bali and the beheading of three Christian schoolgirls in Indonesia. The girls were murdered just because they were Christian, and because the criminals wanted to send a warning to local residents that the same thing could happen to them. The excuse is because these criminals claim it is part of Islamic teaching and that Allah will bless them for their crimes. Even if it is wrong, religion is still used as a part of it. It doesn't just happen because of Islamic religion, all religions can have extremists because even the Christian and Buddhist religions can have extremists. In all cases, religion is often used as the tool to supposedly "justify" horrible crimes against other human beings.
Finally i found one not Muslim talk in good way thanks not taboo when women show her face but i Explained why women cover her face this is her choice some girls comfort with cover and other do not if you see Muslim country Executed women because she show her face this is more than taboo this country does not KNOW what is Islam ALLAH SAID IN QURAN IN THE NAME OF ALLAH [There is no compulsion in religion] EVEN IF THIS MUSLIM WOMEN DOES NOT COVER HER BODY THIS IS BETWEEN HER AND HER LORD [ ALLAH FORGIVE OR PUNISH HER ALLAH IS FREE ]
THIS IS NOT OUR BUSINESS ALLAH GIVE EVERY PERSON MIND TO FOLLOW THE TRUE ALLAH CREATE THE HELL AND PARADISE BEFORE CREATE US AND ALLAH TOLD US IN QURAN IF YOU WORSHIP ME ALONE AND FEAR ME ALONE AND PRACTICE MY RULES YOU Deserve MY PARADISE BUT IF YOU WORSHIP ANY THING BESIDE ME BECAUSE ALLAH CREATE US AND CREATE EVERY THING FOR US AND HOW CAN WE WORSHIP ANY THING FROM HIS Creatures AND DO THE Contrary THE HELL WILL IN THE END IN THE PARADISE NO COVER NO Responsibilities BUT EVERY THING YOU WANT[[[[[ THANKS BECAUSE YOU Understand WHEN YOU SAID
This does not mean all Muslims are terrorists or criminals. I know Muslims who are moderate, normal, and kind people like anyone else. But the reason the radical extremists are able to take control of a society is because the moderates do not speak up against them. Sometimes it is because they fear for their own lives and for the lives of their families. So the disease of radicals is often permitted to spread because no one will do anything to stop it.

I will say that the government and courts of Indonesia have taken a stand to prosecute such criminals, such as the criminals responsible for the bombing in Bali and the beheading of three Chrn have extremists. In all cases, religion is often used as the tool to supposedly "justify" horrible crimes against other human beings.]]]THIS IS THE TRUE THANKS[ NB]ISLAM NOT TERRORISM BY THE WAY THERE IS NO RELATION IF WOMEN COVER HER FACE BY HER Ethics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Thanks for another dumb reason.
Your Welcome. My pleasure to be of assistance.

All reasons are dumb to to somebody, but that does not eliminate them as being a reason.

It is dumb for most people to keep a fifty pound back of sand in the trunk of their car, but it is a necessity up here in North Dakota in the winter time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,105 posts, read 13,496,767 times
Reputation: 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Your Welcome. My pleasure to be of assistance.

All reasons are dumb to to somebody, but that does not eliminate them as being a reason.

It is dumb for most people to keep a fifty pound back of sand in the trunk of their car, but it is a necessity up here in North Dakota in the winter time.
No, as the two examples are based on very different things. One is based on factual evidence (a weighted car travels better in the snow) vs one that is based on assumptions and religious sexism. If men can drive in Saudi Arabia, so can women. This idea that it's too dangerous to drive there would make this whole issue moot if that was reality. Since men do drive there all the time, then that is obviously not reality and your point remains dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,384 times
Reputation: 20
what prophet Mohammed said about the mother [man came to the prophet and asked him who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me[the prophet said your mother]the man said who is next [the prophet said your mother]the man said who is next [the prophet said your mother]the man asked for the fourth time [the prophet said your father] look how Islam honored the women the house nothing without women i swear women is the paradise of every house YouTube - ‫ (http://youtu.be/hTIdPRPWExo - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top