U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 AM

616 posts, read 591,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We need only one reason not to eat Pork. That is because Allaah(swt) has forbidden us to do so. We need no other reason. If someday it is shown that pork is actually beneficial, it makes not difference, what Allaah(swt) has forbidden to us, is forbidden. Haram is haram and the haram can not be made halal.

Not all things haram are because there are health hazards or such. Something may be haram only as a sign of obedience. We need not know why something is haram after we are told it is.

of cours my brother ,Basically that the goal of prevention is compliance to the orders of God (allah) Even if it did not show us the reason of prevention, it is Obey to allah

thanks you are a great

Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM

9,412 posts, read 11,726,587 times
Blind, misguided, duped, take your pick. Either which way millions of people eat pork every year and never get sick. There is no logical, scientific nor health reason not to gobble into a delicious pork rib or enjoy a pork roast on a Sunday night.

All throughout history people have been told what they can and cannot do by religion. It is high time we grow up and start making our own choices based on more than just "Because god said so".

Old 05-25-2011, 09:49 AM

13,143 posts, read 19,189,484 times
Mmmm... Forbidden Pork...

Old 05-25-2011, 09:56 AM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Pretty darned silly rule isn't it? Eating chicken or turkey is a lot more hazardous than eating pork if it's not carefully prepared and cooked.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Quote:
Blind obedience huh?
A thousand years ago there was a good reason not to eat pork, trichinosis is caused by eating raw or undercooked pork but now we know that with proper cooking there is no problem. In any case here in the west all meat is inspected before it gets to market. There has not been a case of trichinosis in Canada for over 15 years.

trichinosis is destroyed in any meat if cooked to an internal temperature of 137F (58C), well below the recommended 160F (70C) for a medium doneness.

Trichinosis can also be carried by wild game animals

not Blind obedience as you imagine but it is compliance to the order of God So why it called Islam, The word Islam means submission to God that you submit to God's commands and prohibitions ..

Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM

5,090 posts, read 8,065,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I hop it was false just for your Health

but I have seen worm I think
You THINK you have seen a worm? Are you saying you're not sure it was a worm?

Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

go on

Old 05-25-2011, 10:19 AM

13,143 posts, read 19,189,484 times
Quote:
Pretty darned silly rule isn't it? Eating chicken or turkey is a lot more hazardous than eating pork if it's not carefully prepared and cooked.
...Unless you are surrounded by religious nut-bags who imprison you, beat you up and/or kill you for daring to consume the forbidden swine. Islam is certainly humanity at it's best and brightest...

Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Quote:
Blind obedience huh? A thousand years ago there was a good reason not to eat pork, trichinosis is caused by eating raw or undercooked pork but now we know that with proper cooking there is no problem. In any case here in the west all meat is inspected before it gets to market. There has not been a case of trichinosis in Canada for over 15 years.

trichinosis is destroyed in any meat if cooked to an internal temperature of 137F (58C), well below the recommended 160F (70C) for a medium doneness.

Trichinosis can also be carried by wild game animals
That did not deter the Europeans or Chinese from eating pork. The only reason we need for not eating pork is because Allaah(swt) has forbidden it. I will agree with you that eating pork is far from the health hazard it once once and as a health issue that is no longer a concern for not eating it. It is also a concern, because us Muslims have placed too much emphasis on it being a health hazard. We need only know it is forbidden.

Call it blind obedience if you wish, but we do so by our own choice. Do I believe I will be damned to hell fire if I eat pork? No, unless I eat it with the deliberate reason to defy Allaah(swt). Nothing is going to happen to me if I eat a delicious meal and later discover one of the ingredients was pork, passed off to me as being broiled Salmon. Nothing is going to happen if I am out of food starving and all that is available is a pork chop.

In my pre-Islamic years I was a BLT addict, to be honest I loved them. I accepted it as being a sacrifice of giving up some things I enjoyed if I was to live my life as a Muslim. I had no problem with that.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
not Blind obedience as you imagine but it is compliance to the order of God So why it called Islam, The word Islam means submission to God that you submit to God's commands and prohibitions ..
I don't believe there is a god, and if there is he certainly didn't write the Qur'an...The Qur'an is just ancient folk lore, so you are obedient to rules that were made over a thousand years ago. Those rules are seriously out dated now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or