Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 03:46 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,559,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

The Druize are Israeli Citizens too because they sided with Israel....

The palestinians are not victims here.
All Israeli arabs are citizens of israel, regardless of their religion or who they sided with.

Palestinians resident in the occupied territories are not citizens, because they do not live in Israel. Israeli citizens , Jewish or arab (but what Israeli arab moves to the territories?) who move to the territories, retain the rights of citizens - this is not sustainable, IMO,

We are all victims of history - until we all, take history into our hands, and make peace.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:04 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
How still would we here in the USA have been in 1948,1956 and 1967 if in 1947 Russia had given the USA back to the Native Americans, and moved all non-Native American people to: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and New Mexico.

Post makes no sense.
However, If you want to run with a certain concept then since Israel won in Battle (after being attacked) the land it now controls belongs to them. The usual process is that land is Israel's by right of conquest. Been that way since day one, but for some reason the right of conquest doesn't appy to Israel. Now why is that?

Old 05-27-2011, 04:28 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Except the Jewish homeland has always been the land of Israel... We have a long history there...
Has the third temple been built?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Has the third temple been built?
If we could get rid of that mosque sitting on top of it it might be built.....

Should the Israelis blow the mosque up? Its a thought....

Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
All Israeli arabs are citizens of israel, regardless of their religion or who they sided with.

Palestinians resident in the occupied territories are not citizens, because they do not live in Israel. Israeli citizens , Jewish or arab (but what Israeli arab moves to the territories?) who move to the territories, retain the rights of citizens - this is not sustainable, IMO,

We are all victims of history - until we all, take history into our hands, and make peace.

Yes they are and I said that... All the Palestinians who stayed are citizens and they are Arab Palestinians.

I believe there will be peace when 2 sides want peace and Israel has a peace partner.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Except the Jewish homeland has always been the land of Israel... We have a long history there...
I still don't get why having a land eighteen centuries before gives anyone title. The homeland of the Gypsies is in Northern India, anyone give them it? Or Tunisia back to the Carthaginian descended peoples of Lebanon? Unless we're meaning "The Jewish homeland has always been Israel" in a religious sense.

Because in a historic sense the Jewish homeland is Israel because they felt it was and the British Empire agreed to it. It might be nice to think it's because Jews were always there, and some were, but that's not the historical reason. If Zionist groups had decided they'd be okay with Uganda than they'd have Uganda instead even though Jews had rarely or never been there.

Quote:
The Palestinians are not victims here.
Some of them are. Maybe they're as much victims of idiotic Arab governments as anything, but that's still being victims.

I do think still being mad about Israel is becoming rather pointless and silly. The Crimea used to be Muslim land, today it's ran by the Ukrainians I believe. Sometimes things change and you have to make peace with that. Besides which Muslims in Myanmar or China are suffering in ways Israeli Muslims aren't. At times the Muslim world's priorities seem skewed.

Granted a Muslim could say many Jews apparently didn't accept change either. I mean to still claim land after 18 centuries is like the most extreme version of "not getting over it" that may exist in history. However I think for many centuries returning to Israel was just a dream, they weren't actively trying to invade the Caliphate or Ottoman Empire or trying to assassinate its people. When ethnic nationalism began arising in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century the notion of every ethnicity having its nation began to be felt in various communities. And Antisemitism certainly helped the idea that going somewhere else might be a good idea. Even then some of the first Zionists wanted to buy the land from the Ottomans. You only get to things like the "King David Hotel bombing", etc, much later and that was largely disdained by the world. So being violent and uncompromising isn't the way to go.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 05-27-2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Muslims want Jerusalem - All of it. Arabs want Israel to not exist because it doesn't fit in their checklist for Arabism. If they ever got rid of Israel then the Muslims would turn on each other until either Sunni or Shia is totally wiped out (as they are trying to do in Iraq). Neither care if Palestine exists or not as they would eventually land grab it into border nations.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:49 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
If we could get rid of that mosque sitting on top of it it might be built.....

Should the Israelis blow the mosque up? Its a thought....
Fair enough answer.

Perhaps one day it will be possible for us to coexist in peace. I have no suggestions as even a first step, but I do pray that Peace will one day return to the region.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 PM

335 posts, read 375,661 times
The name Palestine was not in use until approximately 1000 years after the Israelites conquered the land.

Muslims use Palestine as an excuse for their bigotry and fanatical ways.

Ever hear a muslim offer support for a Jewish Statehood?

Shia and Sunni cannot get along without killing each other. Why would it change with how they deal with non-muslims.

Good article about life in Palestine: Statehood for Palestine? Take a good look :: Jeff Jacoby

Peace? Never happen with those who still live in the dark ages.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:51 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
The name Palestine was not in use until approximately 1000 years after the Israelites conquered the land.

Muslims use Palestine as an excuse for their bigotry and fanatical ways.

Ever hear a muslim offer support for a Jewish Statehood?
I think I have to be honest.

Abdul Hadi Palazzi : Jerusalem Post Internet Edition
Muslim supporters of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
American Jewish group takes Indian Muslims to Israel | Indian Muslims

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/stories/s551141.htm - This has the former leader of Indonesia Abdurrahman Wahid saying that the Islamic world should recognize Israel. That recognizing atheist states, like China, and not recognize Israel is weird. (I'm paraphrasing him and removing quotes due to copyright concerns)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam