U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times

Advertisements

In any case, your post is worth repeating, sans . . . the distinction is not a minor one. Muslims fight for religious reasons, period . . . and that is far more troublesome.
Quote:
Not at all the same at all...Muslims are killing each other over who has the better fairy tale. The second world war was expansionist and political and nothing to do with religion, other than Hitler's persecution of Jews, and that was mostly political as well.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:57 AM

570 posts, read 636,894 times
I knew from the bigning that this forum is full of prejudices and brainwashed people , Those who have fossil minds that needs a strong jolt to absorbed the truth about Islam ..
When you enter to a negative-filled with hate- environment .. it is natural to be offensive ...

Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,427,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I knew from the bigning that this forum is full of prejudices and brainwashed people , Those who have fossil minds that needs a strong jolt to absorbed the truth about Islam ..
When you enter to a negative-filled with hate- environment .. it is natural to be offensive ...

yes it is natural to be offensive and you have also been full of hate so it goes both ways...

Those that spew hate usually get it thrown right back at them...

Usually though its called defending your position. You say you have been offensive and you certainly have been highly offensive.

Offensive - noun
the position or attitude of aggression or attack: to take the offensive.

And most of us do understand Islam and we are not brainwashed.

You don't do much for the cause of Islam....

Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder
Yep that would be the very first major holy site of another religion that Islam hijacked and claimed as their own. The thing sits right on top of the platform that Herod the Great created to build the Jewish temple on - and right on top of the site of Solomon's Temple. Why on earth did Islam co-opt the MOST sacred site in all of Judaism??? This would be the equivalent of Christians turning Mecca into a giant Christians-only city and converting all mosques into cathedrals!! What on earth were they thinking??
When ignorance mixed with s******ty the result will be a disaster as we have seen above ...
Read and learn :
Jerusalem considered the third holy city to Muslims ... not the first one !!
The issue is not optional because the Lord of Moses and Jesus is the same Lord of Muhammad ...Since Islam is complementary to judaism and Christianity it is natural that the holy places is the same because God is the same .. then Islam added Mecca (Kaaba wich built by Ibraham )and Medina where the tomb of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH ) is .
Quote:
You can read all about the plight of Christians in Muslim ruled lands here:
The history of the persecution of Hindus is a bloody one and continues to be blood to this day. The Hindus are hit from both sides. They are victims of terrorist attacks in India where they are the majority, while they are massacred and persecuted in Pakistan and Bangladesh where they are the minority. The Hindus have hardly been angels in the modern age. But consider that the Muslim conquest killed approximately 16 million and the long succession of Muslim rulers were more often than not brutal and murderous to Hindus. Events such as the Gujarat Riots of 2002 were terrible but in comparison to historic Muslim brutality, the event would barely merit any notice at all. And you don't even need to go far into history to find atrocities that were MASSIVELY worse committed by Muslims: The Hindu Genocide in East Pakistan killed a minimum of 1.25 million Hindus and saw 10 million more fleeing into India as refugees.
The Armenian Genocide killed at least 1 million Christians.
The civil war in Sudan had killed 1.9 million by 2005. Christians have composed a hugely disproportionate number of the dead in that conflict are being enslaved and sometimes sold off into other Muslim countries.
Stop giving me sites on the Enternet & be specific about a certain incident & give me your point of view about it not what the others said ...
No one can answer all of the incidents in one response ..
Quote:
I could go on and on and on. The bigger question is, why on earth don't you already know all about the brutality being committed by Muslims all over hte world Much of it ostensibly on behalf of Islam?? All you have to do is search for it, Muslim atrocities are so commonplace that you'd have to be deaf, blind and dumb to miss them. A Muslim doing something blood-chillingly cruel to their fellow human beings isn't even news anymore, it's just too commonplace. Burning children alive, torturing children to death, gouging out eyes, maiming, rape followed by forced conversion to Islam followed by forced marriage. The world has come to expect Muslims to act like rabid animals.
It is not my nature to let the others think on my behalf like you do .. I'm always seaking for the truth myself ...pointing out to something does not mean it actually happened the way they say it ... for example :
The Holocaust does really happened but not the same way as they say it did ..!!
There is a vast difference between the truth and exaggerate that truth ,The secret lies in the source who documented each incident and what is the objectives behind it .
In relation to the Holocaust the objective was to get sympathy from the world and then extort it & the objective behind Muslims murderous to Hindus was to sow sectarian strife in the interests of foreign political powers ... also to distort the image of Islam as they always do .
It is not in interest to some Certain powers that there should be peace between India and Pakistan .. muslims and hindus , This subject needs a long explanation & you are very naive to think that the reason is all religious .
Quote:
Pointing out Muslim atrocities world-wide is like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm stunned that you seemed to think I'd have a hard time finding anything.
A 6 years old child can find any information that he/she want but the difference lies in the validity of those informations and how you understand it ...
Now you can go back and continue being stunned as long as you like
Quote:
I am trying very hard to learn to respect Islam in spite of the many inhuman crimes being committed by Muslims of the world every single day. I want to think better of them. But hearing you spout off about how it was your divine destiny to take Constantinople and that you will take the rest of Europe too and no doubt put them under Sharia Law -- I'm probably going to have to block you in the near future so I can at least attempt to have some respect for Islam left. In the face of what Muslims have done to non-Muslims worldwide since 1948, what right do they have to complain enmasse about Palestine? It is so hypocritical is blows my mind.
Respected Islam or not that wont change anything you already brainwashed & do not want to re-think about it ... this reminds me of the Ant which stood to challenge enormous sea Wave .. it is just doesn't matter .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 06-08-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 AM

8,040 posts, read 4,203,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam
I see here only historical sympathy with the Jews by non-muslims

Closing your eyes about crimes and the wars that were\are\ and they still led by America and Israel against the Muslims even today ..
It is true that Israel has tended to often be more brutal than is absolutely necessary, but that is not the real reason Muslims are angry.

The big reason for Muslim anger is that somebody showed up and took from the Muslims land that they had "rightfully" stolen to begin with. Their theft even took them so far as to plant their very own mosque on top of the temple grounds, which in their minds must have been symbolically laying permanent claim to a site that was already sacred to both Christian and Jew alike. A fine early example of Islam hijacking the sacred sites of others and Islam would do it over and over and over again wherever their armies conquered. It was the Christians who saw Jerusalem and Palestine taken from them by force. They didn't ask the Muslim armies to come occupy their lands, rule over them and over the centuries convert their people to Islam (as often by threat of violence as by willing conversion.) Christian Egypt, Christian North Africa, Christain Asia Minor, Christian Constantinople, Christian Greece, Zoroastrian Persia, Hindu India -- none of them asked for Islam to brutally conquer them and occupy their lands. Millions were killed in the long process of pressuring or outright forcing all residents of Muslim-ruled lands to convert to Islam.

Christianity has fought to protect the lands it held and take back lands it had lost every since the Muslim forces showed up in the 600's AD. Islam has not been a welcome neighbor but an imperialist hoard that relentlessly kept attacking, selling Christians into slavery and pushing their religion on everyone in the lands they controlled. Why would Christians care if the Jews stole back the Holy Land that Islam stole from Christianity to begin with? And of course Muslims sources will exaggerate spectacularly regarding how many Palestinians have died since 1948. I've seen numbers like 6 million thrown around, which wouldn't have been numerically possible even if you were counting Palestinians who died of old age. Might as well just say, "A million-billion-gazillion Palestinians have died."

Historically, Islam is a culture of bullying and just like any bully, they can sure dish it out but they can't take it when somebody bullies them back. Israel showed up and took their toy away and every Muslim in the world finds this unacceptable, yet they burst with pride when retelling stories of Islamic conquest throughout their history.

As for the USA's invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, both nations struck at us first (though Iraq is less justifiable.) Allowing the terrorist organization that took down the World Trade Center and hit the Pentagon to operate unmolested as honored guests was a declaration of war, pure and simple. Iraq's crimes were trying to assassinate George Bush Sr and being the single largest sponser of terrorism in the world. Trying to sell that war on WMD's had a degree of validity -- 100,000 dead Kurds and an unknown number of Iranians killed by Iraq's chemical weapons says that they did have WMD's. The bigger question is where did they go?? But it was a mistake to sell that war entirely on WMD's and all-in-all we didn't have sufficient reason to go into Iraq. But have we killed millions? Absolutely not!

The coalition forces composed of Iraqi Security Forces, some paramilitary groups fighting to stabalize their nation, US forces, UK forces have lost a total of 24,111 killed and 72,539 wounded. Casualties taken by the Iraqi army controlled by Saddam Hussein are still pretty nebulous numerically, but somewhere between 13,500 and 45,000 were killed.

The real story of Iraq is Muslim insurgents. Insurgents from Iraq. Insurgents from Iran posing as Iraqis. Insurgents imported from all over the Middle East. Their goals vary, but one thing they have in common: The have come to Iraq to ensure that the nation is a never-ending meat grinder of murder, gurerilla attacks, massacre and chaos. Their primary target has been unarmed defenseless Iraqi civilians and they've killed at least 120,000. Some estimates run much higher and it may be impossible to tell exactly how many Iraqi civilians have been murdered by Muslim insurgents. Some put the number at 900,000 though I don't know of a credible source having solidly established a number quite that high. The important point to remember: Muslims fighting against the current democratically elected Iraqi government as well as US forces have killed the vast majority of these many thousands of innocents. The US and allies are responsible for a tiny fraction of the civilian deaths -- it is almost impossible to avoid them in war. But if you want to call it a genocide then it is a genocide that is being carried out by Muslims fighting against us, not the USA and its allies.

Unsurprisingly, out of the 1.5 million native Christians living in Iraq prior to the start of the war, only 600,000 remain. This means 900,000 of Iraq's Christians (mostly Assyrian Christian) have either been killed or have fled to other countries as refugees. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the native Christian population is proportionally hugely over-represented in the end tally of innocent civilians that have been killed by the insurgents in Iraq.

If it had not been for the insurgents, the US forces would be long gone from Iraq. Their attacks on military and civilian targets have accomplished what I think is their primary goal: Trapping US forces in Iraq and thereby providing a focal point for world-wide Muslim outrage, sparking anti-Western violence. At this point, all we want to do is leave Iraq and the insurgents won't let that happen. If we leave and Iraq turns into a pit of complete anarchy, then it's our fault and we will never hear the end of blame for it. That is the only reason we're still in Iraq.

In Afghanistan, the story is very similar. The Taliban government that effectively declared war against the USA along with Al Qeda have managed to keep us in Afghanistan far longer than we would like to have stayed. The USA, coalition forces and Afghan allies have lost about 15,000 troops. The Taliban, Al Qeda and other insurgent groups losses are around 40,000. Civilians killed is almost impossible to guess at and I don't know if anyone is in any position to offer credible guess at those numbers.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,776,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Us brainwashed? You need to look in the mirror to see who is really brainwashed...I don't know how you can make the accusation of prejudice when Islam is the most prejudiced and hateful religion existing, not only against Israel and Jews, but against homosexuals, and also everyone who is not Muslim.

This is the face of Islam that I see..

Old 06-08-2011, 06:25 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Muslims get emotional about Palestine because that is what they do . . . get emotional. Rational independent thought is NOT venerated in Islam . . . rote memorization of the Qur'an and Sunnah are. A people who will kill over a cartoon of Muhammad or a movie about the mistreatment of women in Islam are not paragons of rationality and emotional self-control. You might as well ask why wolves hunt in packs or pigs wallow in mud.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Us brainwashed? You need to look in the mirror to see who is really brainwashed...I don't know how you can make the accusation of prejudice when Islam is the most prejudiced and hateful religion existing, not only against Israel and Jews, but against homosexuals, and also everyone who is not Muslim.

No ...
This is the face that comes as result of injustice and oppression that practiced against a particular race or religion ...
There is a big difference between what comes from Islam and what comes out of oppression and aggression .

Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM

616 posts, read 591,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

I can do it

Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
This is the view of most Muslims. These are the type of people who represent the majority of us.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam