U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:16 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,974,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post

Diplomat: I can no longer represent Israel

Diplomat: I can no longer represent Israel - Israel News, Ynetnews
Wow, they (Israel) are in trouble! What will they do

Well, I guess they'll have to find another diplomat...

Old 05-28-2011, 06:21 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I Think that the way Israel was formed has established a barrier that will be difficult to remove. We have 2 groups of people, each believing themselves to be the rightful heirs to the land and the other as a thief trying to steal it.

I wonder what today would be like if in 1947 we had given the Jews, New York State instead of what was Palestine?

And just imagine if in 1948 there had been 2 states side by side and living in prosperity now....

Just imagine....

No one stole anything... The palestinians were given a state and they said NO!!!

They said NO and all the Arab nations attacked......

Israel should tell Obama to go to hell and say no to the 1967 line.....

Old 05-28-2011, 06:27 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,507,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And just imagine if in 1948 there had been 2 states side by side and living in prosperity now....

Just imagine....

No one stole anything... The palestinians were given a state and they said NO!!!

I don't mind this. I'm really into that concept of Israeli Arabs (that's now what we refer to them, just recently) living side-by-side with Jews is reasonable but constantly changing. The concept of states living side by side is unreasonable and hasn't changed one iota.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:36 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

Just imagine....

But the problem is who had the right to divide the Nation. It really would have been better if we had given the Jews, New York State.

I do have sympathy for the Jews and wish a peaceful accord had come about in 1947.

However, I see it no different from the Lakotah reservation I live on. The white man came and said here 3/4s of this land is now for the settlers, but out of generosity we will give you the unproductive badlands as a gift and your new home. We are now 2 nations living side by side, aren't you happy?

Old 05-28-2011, 06:38 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,507,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
I guess I meant from people who are in a position that matters.

Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu tells US: Palestinians blocking peace deal | World news | The Guardian

"Why has peace not been achieved? Because so far the Palestinians have been unwilling to accept a Palestinian state if it meant accepting a Jewish state alongside it," he said.

"President Abbas must do what I have done. I have stood before my people and I have said I will accept a Palestinian state. It's time for President Abbas to stand before his people and say: I will accept a Jewish state. Those six words will change history … With those words, I will be prepared to make a far-reaching compromise."

Palestinian officials accused Netanyahu of grandstanding for Congress, and said his demands for an immediate recognition of Israel as a Jewish state, rather than as part of an overall peace deal, was yet another obstacle to an agreement.

"What came in Netanyahu's speech will not lead to peace," said Abbas's spokesman, Nabil Abu Rdainah.

Netanyahu said he recognised that a peace agreement would require Israel to give up some of the Jewish settlements in the occupied territories, known to Israelis as Judea and Samaria. But he rejected the contention that Israelis had no legitimate claim to the West Bank. "In Judea and Samaria, the Jewish people are not foreign occupiers," he said, to a standing ovation. "We're not the British in India. We're not the Belgians in [the] Congo. This is the land of our forefathers."

Another content which was always a problem for the Palestinian portion of the occupied (environmentally then, land) is the status quo in the economic/culturally virtues of being listened to.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM

8,036 posts, read 4,198,304 times
Quote:
Pictures often tell better than words can
AMEN TO THAT!!

Here we have the Byzantine Roman Empire, the strongest defender of the Christian faith in Medieval history.

Then the armies of Islam show up:

Desperate to defend their empire, the Romans didn't go down easy. But the Islamic forces just kept attacking:

And attacking:

And attacking:

And attacking:

And attacking:

And attacking

And attacking until in 1453 there was almost no Byzantine Empire left:

Then the Muslims took Constantinople the greatest Christian city in the world. Once this unbeatable fortress finally fell in 1453 -- to add insult to injury -- the Turks made it their capital. And with Constantinople out of the way, they invaded deep into Europe, the Christian Caucuses kingdoms and Christian Russia.

Christians populations in the conquered areas shrank rapidly. While Islam theoretically is supposed to treat "fellow people of the Book" with respect and tollerance, there was very often little tolerance to be had.

In its last gasp before collapse, the Ottoman Turkish Empire committed the first modern genocide against the Armenian Christians.

The plight of the Palestinian People is regrettable, but it's also small potatoes compared to the atrocities Islamic rulers have committed against Christians, Hindus and other religions. The fact that so much fuss is being made over a tiny scrap of ground is nuts.

And HYPOCRISY is rampant.
Look at the treatment of Coptic Christians in Egypt.
In Iraq: Persecution of Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Pakistan: Persecution of Christians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Assyrians,

Look at the treatment of non-Muslims in every nation that is predominantly Muslim. What on earth are Muslims complaining about, the death toll they are amassing against nonviolent non-Muslims all over the world almost makes Israel look like a bunch of angels with their treatment of an extremely violent Palestinian population. I'd love to give the Palestinians the benefit of the doubt but they just elected Hamas to be their government. They elected group whose charter is the most horrid pile of racist garbage imaginable, calling for the eradication of Israel and massacre of Jews everywhere in the world. And they can't amend that charter for "internal reasons" ...

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Islam focuses on Israel because that's the worst thing they can point to where Muslims are being treated poorly. But if they want the rest of the world to actually feel sorry for them:

THAT IS ALL.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:15 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
AMEN TO THAT!!
True, now to find my old ancient history books and see how much of this was the result of wars between Muslims and the Huns, Mongols, Goths and Visigoths. Possibly even also Vikings. This real Estate was rapidly changing hands and many wars were fought. I guess the aggressors and defenders will change depending on which history source is studied.

However I will concede that there was even then some Muslim kingdoms that did not act very Islamic.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
True, now to find my old ancient history books and see how much of this was the result of wars between Muslims and the Huns, Mongols, Goths and Visigoths. Possibly even also Vikings. This real Estate was rapidly changing hands and many wars were fought. I guess the aggressors and defenders will change depending on which history source is studied.

However I will concede that there was even then some Muslim kingdoms that did not act very Islamic.
The Huns came and went. The Goths weren't really much of a player in the Eastern Empire. The Mongols came and went. The Bulgars came and went. The Vikings came and went (known as the Rus) -- and were so impressed with Constantinople they ended up converting to Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Many many others came and went.

Islam was the one constant enemy over the centuries. They were constantly raiding Asia Minor. They tried many times to take Constantinople.

But the underlying point is that the Ottoman Empire went on a MASSIVE religion-based land-grabbing spree affecting the lives of hundreds of millions living today. The caliphs also went on massive land-grabbing sprees of their own. Israel's land-grab is pathetically tiny by comparison.

It remains to be seen, but I'll go out on a limb here and say that Palestinians would end up experiencing significantly better treatment than Coptic Christians -- IF they could all just stop killing Israelis. Will we ever see that happen? Doubtful. But even today, I doubt there are many instances of young girls being kidnapped, forced to convert to Judaism and forced to marry Jewish men. But Coptic Christians do see that sort of thing happen to them: Coptic girls kidnapped, forced to convert and forced to marry a Muslim man. No doubt the Muslims involved think it's for her own good.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Zionist Israel entered Palestine by force of arms so it will only drag out of it by the same way .
1400 years ago .. the holy Quran told us that jews spread corruption in earth twice ... in the first time God sent them Nebuchadnezzar to punish them , The second time they will return to Palestine (the Temple )to occupy and they will become a great power and control the world ( like we see now) .. they totally control USA Politically, economically and in the media ) spread corruption again ( The promotion of moral corruption in the media , Dissemination of usury in the banking ..ETC ) .. and when they reach the summit of glory it will be the beginning of their end by the hands of powerful men who dont fear anyone or anything .
The first part of the Quran verse already happened ..so the second verse must happen too .
( when ??)
Allah only knows .
"And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice, and ye will become great tyrants. (4) So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged (your) country, and it was a threat performed. (5) Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more in soldiery (6)(Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting "
Al-Isra 17/4-7
Wow all of that has a familiar ring to it.

Here's a guy who makes a darn good speech. Sure seems to know how to work a crowd. What a great leader!

YouTube - ‪Adolf Hitler - speech (English Subtitles)‬‏

And what do you know, he didn't like the Jews either!

YouTube - ‪Hitler on Jews and Christ (Mein Kampf in English)‬‏

Clearly the Palestinians are loving this guy's body of work. They seem pretty keen on keeping the ball rolling.

And hey, why not?? What could possible go wrong??

Islam already did it once, how about an encore? Maybe they can hit above that paltry 1.5 million victims mark this time.

Yeah you're doing Muslims everywhere real proud here buddy!

Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 AM

30,874 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Quote:

In the old days, you sir would have been called a traitor having switched sides from Christianity to Islam. Do you know what happened to traitors when exposed?

Islam was a religion of war and conquest, and it still is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam