U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2011, 03:39 PM
 
40,032 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Reputation: 6047

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Perhaps it was the vitamin C capsules. Them things can go off unexpectedly.
I forgot about that . . . especially the ones with strychnine and cyanide which are particularly problematic.
Quote:
Check these 2 links: LINK
LINK 2
To relate this back to the thread. I feel there are more political than religious that are the cause of the Palestine/Israel conflicts.
True . . . the money laundering under the cover of Children's foundations and charities is particularly heinous . . . but not as bad as hiding behind, hospitals, women and children in battle, I suppose. Still . . . when a track record of such abominations are part of the established dynamic . . . little can be done to create trust.

 
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Chicago Area
8,036 posts, read 4,197,528 times
Reputation: 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
It's ironic how you mention it (Muslims took Constantinople the greatest Christian city in the world ...etc ).
Because Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told us that so many years ago before it really happened & as u said it did happened ..wooo !!!
Read :
You will invade the Arabian Peninsula and God will grant it. Then Persia and God will grant it. Then you shall invade Europe and God will grant it. Then you shall attack the Anti-Christ and God shall give you over to him.” The Messenger of God (Muhammad) was then asked, “Which of the two cities will be conquered first, Constantinople or Europe?” and the Holy Prophet replied: “The city of Constantinople will be conquered first” .
He alsao said that Israel will be destroyed by the hands of Muslims & they will expel the Zionists from Jerusalem .
Every thing he told us will happen did happened the exact same thing .
guess who was right before & who will be right again as always !!
*******
The fact of the matter is that "the city of Europe" isn't a city at all.

I wonder if Muhammed predicted an age where the predominantly Christian nations of the West would invade the lands of Islam more or less at will, and that the Muslims would be utterly helpless to stop them. Did he foretell an age when the only thing stopping France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Russia and England from grabbing up any Muslim nation and claiming it for their own was each other? That Islam would be so weak that they couldn't hope to stop them?

And let's be real on something, if colonialism of the 1800's and 1900's and military actions by the Western powers since were "the new Crusades" as many Muslims like to paint them to be, then Egypt and North Africa would have been force converted back to Christianity. If the modern Western Powers had been anywhere nearly as religiously obsessed as Islam was with taking Constantinople, then Mecca and Medina would either be smoking piles of rubble or strictly Christian cities where all Muslims are barred entry. If the "Great Satan" the USA was actually on some sort of ideological religious Crusade, why haven't they seized Mecca and Medina? What's stopping them? What was stopping colonial Europe from doing the same?

The fact of the matter is that the European Christian nations long since stopped playing the Jihad vs Crusade game. This results in the confusing mess we have today: Muslims thinking they're fighting a Jihad for their religion when their religion is not even being threatened. Christians fighting for an entirely new ideology: Freedom of religion, equality of all peoples and genders,
etc. And the rhetoric of Islamic global domination accomanying their perceived holy war scares the crap out of every non-Muslim in the world -- making them wonder if the world would not be a better place if Islam didn't exist anymore. But because of modern values, nobody is trying to eradicate Islam from the world, nor will they.

What you have is an incredibly naive and misguided one-sided holy war.
 
Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,507,068 times
Reputation: 258
The holy war is no longer in Libya and Syria. The national valued issues have come up there. Yes, too late fortunately, we have returned to civil wars.
 
Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,133 posts, read 20,812,641 times
Reputation: 8293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Pictures often tell better than words can.








Why do Jews get emotional about Israel?
Why do Irish get emotional about Nortern ireland?
etc etc
 
Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 590,998 times
Reputation: 50
[quote=Jazzymom;19359204]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
how said you that islam has been spread under threat of death ?
Convert to religions be by Spirit is not the body,none can force anyone to love something or dislike

I was responding to this:

Originally Posted by squall-lionheart
Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 508. Also, see As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1] .
Spreading the truth and justice to humanity sometimes needs to be done by force , However, At first it was necessary to spread the Islamic religion , back then the Muslims always offer Islam by word first .. greet Peace before using armed forces ... if they refuse then Muslims demand tribute in exchange for protection and freedom of religion ... if they refuse then Muslims Use force as the last option .
That was an interim strategy to Islam and not permanent .
Now we can spread Islam by so many other ways because the conditions now become different .


example:

You can pretend that you are Muslim but in fact you are Jewish WHY IS THAT ? Because the SOUL was not convert to Islam .

Never did I ever say I was a Muslim, I am Jewish and I have a Jewish soul.

Muslims led the world in the golden age . they were not forced one to conversion to Islam

The golden age is about the only thing Muslims can claim and the only time they coexisted with others.... To bad it didn't last..

If Islam was spread by the sword then why even today is still millions of Jews and Christians all over the world

So, that is Refute Claimed that Islam was spread by under threat of death

Historically we all know it was spread by the sword.... Islam is a very violent religion....



about this :

Originally Posted by squall-lionheart
Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 508. Also, see As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1] .
Spreading the truth and justice to humanity sometimes needs to be done by force , However, At first it was necessary to spread the Islamic religion , back then the Muslims always offer Islam by word first .. greet Peace before using armed forces ... if they refuse then Muslims demand tribute in exchange for protection and freedom of religion ... if they refuse then Muslims Use force as the last option .
That was an interim strategy to Islam and not permanent .
Now we can spread Islam by so many other ways because the conditions now become different


all The Islamic conquests were to remove the dictators Governor who are forced people to convert to one religion, for that was Islamic conquests and let people choose their religion freely, without force of the Governor All the countries conquered by the Muslims did not force the inhabitants to convert to Islam ,and proof is that in all the countries conquered by the Muslims there are Jews, Christians and Buddhists till today , If they were forced anyone in countries conquered to convert to Islam, why even today we still see find the Jews and Christ, and atheists !!!!

so Islamic conquests had been directed to the tyrants Governor who were forced it people to convert to Christianity


as in Spain were Muslims and Jews forced to convert to Christianity there, and who refuses of them was killed , this means al-hadith Posted by squall-lionheart



you said , Historically we all know it was spread by the sword.... Islam is a very violent religion


I said you, Which is his\her the Jewish religion should not criticize other religions WHY I SAID THAT ? I'll be coming in the texts of the Torah is full of violence which make the hair white

Do you know the brutal texts in the Talmud, which they attribute to God!!!!

When you would be stab in Islam means that you stab in your religion

so there is no violence in Islam, if you know Islam well
 
Old 05-30-2011, 02:08 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807
[quote=weaam;19368666][quote=Jazzymom;19359204]




about this :

Originally Posted by squall-lionheart
Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 508. Also, see As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1] .
Spreading the truth and justice to humanity sometimes needs to be done by force , However, At first it was necessary to spread the Islamic religion , back then the Muslims always offer Islam by word first .. greet Peace before using armed forces ... if they refuse then Muslims demand tribute in exchange for protection and freedom of religion ... if they refuse then Muslims Use force as the last option .
That was an interim strategy to Islam and not permanent .
Now we can spread Islam by so many other ways because the conditions now become different


all The Islamic conquests were to remove the dictators Governor who are forced people to convert to one religion, for that was Islamic conquests and let people choose their religion freely, without force of the Governor All the countries conquered by the Muslims did not force the inhabitants to convert to Islam ,and proof is that in all the countries conquered by the Muslims there are Jews, Christians and Buddhists till today , If they were forced anyone in countries conquered to convert to Islam, why even today we still see find the Jews and Christ, and atheists !!!!

so Islamic conquests had been directed to the tyrants Governor who were forced it people to convert to Christianity


as in Spain were Muslims and Jews forced to convert to Christianity there, and who refuses of them was killed , this means al-hadith Posted by squall-lionheart



you said , Historically we all know it was spread by the sword.... Islam is a very violent religion


I said you, Which is his\her the Jewish religion should not criticize other religions WHY I SAID THAT ? I'll be coming in the texts of the Torah is full of violence which make the hair white I also look critically at my own. But Muslims don't critically look at theirs because they seem to think Islam is above reproach. Its everyone else who is wrong.

Do you know the brutal texts in the Talmud, which they attribute to God!!!!The qur'an is very brutal also. The books are written in a very different time by very different people. And the Qur'an too have very violence entries. Like I said words of men.

When you would be stab in Islam means that you stab in your religion you need to rewrite this so what you are saying can be comprehended...

so there is no violence in Islam, if you know Islam well

Islam is full of violence.... Much of the current violence is done in the name of Islam.

Do you actually speak english or are you using a translator? You are very hard to comprehend....
 
Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 590,998 times
Reputation: 50
[quote=Jazzymom;19372242][quote=weaam;19368666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post




about this :

Originally Posted by squall-lionheart
Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 508. Also, see As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1] .
Spreading the truth and justice to humanity sometimes needs to be done by force , However, At first it was necessary to spread the Islamic religion , back then the Muslims always offer Islam by word first .. greet Peace before using armed forces ... if they refuse then Muslims demand tribute in exchange for protection and freedom of religion ... if they refuse then Muslims Use force as the last option .
That was an interim strategy to Islam and not permanent .
Now we can spread Islam by so many other ways because the conditions now become different


all The Islamic conquests were to remove the dictators Governor who are forced people to convert to one religion, for that was Islamic conquests and let people choose their religion freely, without force of the Governor All the countries conquered by the Muslims did not force the inhabitants to convert to Islam ,and proof is that in all the countries conquered by the Muslims there are Jews, Christians and Buddhists till today , If they were forced anyone in countries conquered to convert to Islam, why even today we still see find the Jews and Christ, and atheists !!!!

so Islamic conquests had been directed to the tyrants Governor who were forced it people to convert to Christianity


as in Spain were Muslims and Jews forced to convert to Christianity there, and who refuses of them was killed , this means al-hadith Posted by squall-lionheart



you said , Historically we all know it was spread by the sword.... Islam is a very violent religion


I said you, Which is his\her the Jewish religion should not criticize other religions WHY I SAID THAT ? I'll be coming in the texts of the Torah is full of violence which make the hair white I also look critically at my own. But Muslims don't critically look at theirs because they seem to think Islam is above reproach. Its everyone else who is wrong.

Do you know the brutal texts in the Talmud, which they attribute to God!!!!The qur'an is very brutal also. The books are written in a very different time by very different people. And the Qur'an too have very violence entries. Like I said words of men.

When you would be stab in Islam means that you stab in your religion you need to rewrite this so what you are saying can be comprehended...

so there is no violence in Islam, if you know Islam well

Islam is full of violence.... Much of the current violence is done in the name of Islam.

Do you actually speak english or are you using a translator? You are very hard to comprehend....

yes, I know english without translator ,I see my reply was Specific to your responses I was explained to squall-lionheart's point and I replied on your claim that Islam was spreaded by Sword, and It seems to me that you do not know the Quran and verses that call for Jihad aggressors so All the verses fighting in Quran are to defend, not attack


also, the cause of the violence in the book of the Torah that it was of distortion of human beings


you said :
Historically we all know it was spread by the sword.... Islam is a very violent religion


It seems to me that you hate only to Islam

I say you If Islam was spread by the sword or Was a religion of violence, as you claimed WHY be the More prevalent religions and became a universal religion, If it was a religion of violence why convert to it!!!!
 
Old 05-30-2011, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Chicago Area
8,036 posts, read 4,197,528 times
Reputation: 3039
weaam it's no sin really ... but your English isn't good. You are extremely hard to understand. Most people here are only getting bits of what you're meaning to say here or there.

Both Christianity and Islam have forced groups of people to convert or die, even though this is not necessarily in line with what their religion teaches them to do. Currently, I can go to any predominantly Christian nation where I could:
1.) Openly say that Christianity is false and that all Christians are deranged.
2.) Burn a copy of the Bible on every street corner.
3.) Protest against all government sanctioned religious activity.

Now to be clear, I don't believe any of that nor do I intend on doing anything like it. But if I did such things, it is extremely unlikely that anything would happen to me.

But in any Muslim nation you can list, I'd probably be killed for:
1.) Loudly proclaiming that Islam is a false and Satanic religion.
2.) Burning copies of the Quran on every street corner for all to see.
3.) Protest all government sanction activity promoting or helping the practice of Islam.
In fact it'd take a lot less than that to get me killed. In many cases, it would take nothing more than me not being Muslim and being in the wrong place at the wrong time when somebody somewhere does or says something that ticks off Muslims world-wide.

So you're saying that Islam is non-violent?? Really??

I judge the value of any given religion by its ability to make people better. Every nation that is predominantly Muslim has a significant contingent of ultra-violent nut jobs. The only cases I've seen where the religion of Islam is pretty consistently making better people of its adherents is when they are a significant minority, and even then you have Nidal Malik Hasan, Anwar al-Awlaki and many, many more Muslims who grew up outside of the Middle East but ended up being ultra-violent murderous crazies.

The Muslim Middle East is one giant swath of hugely underachieving nations. No nation with a predominantly Muslim population (over 80%) is overachieving economically or technologically -- though some get a big bump from huge oil reserves, which artificially skews the numbers, when the nation in question isn't really doing much but letting other nations pump their oil for them. (A very very long list of non-Muslim nations are HUGELY exceeding expectations despite tremendous disadvantages, but no Muslim nations for some reason.) Most of the predominantly muslim nations in the world are MASSIVELY underachieving. Extreme human rights violations that modern nations would never stand for are not only happening, but the criminals are often not even prosecuted. All too often, they're allowed to get away with whatever they like as long as the victim is of some religion other than Muslim. So seriously, what good it Islam? It's not making it's very many of adherents better people and it's making far too many of them worse. Nations where they are the majority are primitive and stuck in the Dark Ages.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 05-30-2011 at 03:51 PM..
 
Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 590,998 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
weaam it's no sin really ... but your English isn't good. You are extremely hard to understand. Most people here are only getting bits of what you're meaning to say here or there.


my english is not good , I Still learn but I almost think I understand what you say

Both Christianity and Islam have forced groups of people to convert or die,

yes, Christianity has done this in Spain hundreds of years ago but islam not "There is no compulsion in Islam" (Qur'an, 2:256).
you Can not bring me any Quranic text of forcing people to Islam,
1400 years ago until today and non-Muslims were present in the countries that ruled by Muslim, It does not matter to convince you, you are free

you can see this :
YouTube - ‪There is No Compulsion in Islam‬‏

even though this is not necessarily in line with what their religion teaches them to do. Currently, I can go to any predominantly Christian nation where I could:
1.) Openly say that Christianity is false and that all Christians are deranged.
2.) Burn a copy of the Bible on every street corner.
3.) Protest against all government sanctioned religious activity.


What is the benefit from that!! only vent to your feelings no more

Now to be clear, I don't believe any of that nor do I intend on doing anything like it. But if I did such things, it is extremely unlikely that anything would happen to me.

But in any Muslim nation you can list, I'd probably be killed for:
1.) Loudly proclaiming that Islam is a false and Satanic religion.
2.) Burning copies of the Quran on every street corner for all to see.
3.) Protest all government sanction activity promoting or helping the practice of Islam.

There are many many people were attacking Islam, there are those who burned the Koran is that mean that all of these will be killed !!!

I do not know why Do not respect the feelings of more than one billion Muslims in this world..

In fact it'd take a lot less than that to get me killed. In many cases, it would take nothing more than me not being Muslim and being in the wrong place at the wrong time when somebody somewhere does or says something that ticks off Muslims world-wide.

So you're saying that Islam is non-violent?? Really??

yes really ISLAM IS NOT VIOLENT, When there is an Islamic group a criminal that does not mean they represent Islam Because all Muslims reject criminal acts adopted by the al-Qaeda For example, when you see a Hundred Muslim extremist compared to one billion Muslim of peacefull Muslim,This means that the extremism is totally Condemned and unacceptable in the Islamic world so, This refutes your saying that Islam is a religion of violence

I judge the value of any given religion by its ability to make people better. Every nation that is predominantly Muslim has a significant contingent of ultra-violent nut jobs. The only cases I've seen where the religion of Islam is pretty consistently making better people of its adherents is when they are a significant minority, and even then you have Nidal Malik Hasan, Anwar al-Awlaki and many, many more Muslims who grew up outside of the Middle East but ended up being ultra-violent murderous crazies.

They do not represent Islam but Those were made by America ,you say Muslim extremism, But what about the bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Iraq's invasion and Ofganstadt and killed millions of innocent Muslims, Is not this terrorism and violence!!! Shame to talk the West and forgets what did from terrorism in the Muslim world

The Muslim Middle East is one giant swath of hugely underachieving nations. No nation with a predominantly Muslim population (over 80%) is overachieving economically or technologically -- though some get a big bump from huge oil reserves, which artificially skews the numbers, when the nation in question isn't really doing much but letting other nations pump their oil for them. (A very very long list of non-Muslim nations are HUGELY exceeding expectations despite tremendous disadvantages, but no Muslim nations for some reason.) Most of the predominantly muslim nations in the world are MASSIVELY underachieving. Extreme human rights violations that modern nations would never stand for are not only happening, but the criminals are often not even prosecuted. All too often, they're allowed to get away with whatever they like as long as the victim is of some religion other than Muslim. So seriously, what good it Islam? It's not making it's very many of adherents better people and it's making far too many of them worse. Nations where they are the majority are primitive and stuck in the Dark Ages.

first, who was pulled out west of the darkness were Muslims ,Who led the world and west's evolution now was taken from the Muslim scholars in Our Golden Ages In astronomy and medicine in many sciences ..

now,I agree with you that The Muslim Middle East are underachieving Because the circumstances surrounding the Middle East do not helping for achievement,The tyranny of political , Not support to inventors and innovators by State, Middle East is the largest area surrounded by wars The minds that led the world 500 years ago still exist even today But the conditions differed.. will return the golden era of Muslim soon inshallah


by the way, Is America will continue in her Advanced without Oil?
 
Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM
 
40,032 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
weaam it's no sin really ... but your English isn't good. You are extremely hard to understand. Most people here are only getting bits of what you're meaning to say here or there.

Both Christianity and Islam have forced groups of people to convert or die, even though this is not necessarily in line with what their religion teaches them to do. Currently, I can go to any predominantly Christian nation where I could:
1.) Openly say that Christianity is false and that all Christians are deranged.
2.) Burn a copy of the Bible on every street corner.
3.) Protest against all government sanctioned religious activity.

Now to be clear, I don't believe any of that nor do I intend on doing anything like it. But if I did such things, it is extremely unlikely that anything would happen to me.

But in any Muslim nation you can list, I'd probably be killed for:
1.) Loudly proclaiming that Islam is a false and Satanic religion.
2.) Burning copies of the Quran on every street corner for all to see.
3.) Protest all government sanction activity promoting or helping the practice of Islam.
In fact it'd take a lot less than that to get me killed. In many cases, it would take nothing more than me not being Muslim and being in the wrong place at the wrong time when somebody somewhere does or says something that ticks off Muslims world-wide.

So you're saying that Islam is non-violent?? Really??

I judge the value of any given religion by its ability to make people better. Every nation that is predominantly Muslim has a significant contingent of ultra-violent nut jobs. The only cases I've seen where the religion of Islam is pretty consistently making better people of its adherents is when they are a significant minority, and even then you have Nidal Malik Hasan, Anwar al-Awlaki and many, many more Muslims who grew up outside of the Middle East but ended up being ultra-violent murderous crazies.

The Muslim Middle East is one giant swath of hugely underachieving nations. No nation with a predominantly Muslim population (over 80%) is overachieving economically or technologically -- though some get a big bump from huge oil reserves, which artificially skews the numbers, when the nation in question isn't really doing much but letting other nations pump their oil for them. (A very very long list of non-Muslim nations are HUGELY exceeding expectations despite tremendous disadvantages, but no Muslim nations for some reason.) Most of the predominantly muslim nations in the world are MASSIVELY underachieving. Extreme human rights violations that modern nations would never stand for are not only happening, but the criminals are often not even prosecuted. All too often, they're allowed to get away with whatever they like as long as the victim is of some religion other than Muslim. So seriously, what good it Islam? It's not making it's very many of adherents better people and it's making far too many of them worse. Nations where they are the majority are primitive and stuck in the Dark Ages.
Amen! The Islamist apologists remind me of the husband caught in bed with two women by his wife proclaiming his innocence and asking her whether she was going to believe him or her eyes! This religion of peace nonsense has no traction because it is not true. Those societies professing to be Islamic are intellectually and culturally barbaric. The Dark Ages barely covers it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top