U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Christians are not waiting for a califate....... They think they are going to be raptured up to heaven and the world will end.

Christians don't believe in a caliphate.....

Jewish Law is not like Sharia.....

You don't know much do you...

All of man kind won't follow one religion....

Your ignorance and arrogance is stunning.
Thank you.

Many Christians do believe that Jesus will defeat the anti-christ and establish a reign of Peace on Earth with all people being Christian.

Quote:
Question: The Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ - Is There a Difference?
According to some Bible scholars, prophetic Scriptures seem to speak of two separate events—the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ. The Rapture will occur when Jesus Christ returns for his church. This is when all true believers in Christ will be taken from the earth by God into heaven (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
The Second Coming is when Jesus Christ returns with the church to defeat the antichrist, overthrow evil and then establish His thousand year reign (Revelation 19:11-16).
SOURCE

That is nearly identical to our view of the Caliphate that will come when Jesus(PBUH) returns. Except we Believe Jesus(PBUH) is Muslim as were all of the Prophets.

Make a close study of Mosaic and sharia Law, then you will see the similarities between what was Jewish Law and what is Sharia. Although I doubt if any Jews still follow the Mosaic law.

Both Muslims and Christians do believe that after Jesus(PBUH) returns all of mankind will be of one religion. Christians believe it will be Christianity, we believe it will be Islam.

 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,431,183 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Thank you.

Many Christians do believe that Jesus will defeat the anti-christ and establish a reign of Peace on Earth with all people being Christian.


SOURCE

That is nearly identical to our view of the Caliphate that will come when Jesus(PBUH) returns. Except we Believe Jesus(PBUH) is Muslim as were all of the Prophets.

Make a close study of Mosaic and sharia Law, then you will see the similarities between what was Jewish Law and what is Sharia. Although I doubt if any Jews still follow the Mosaic law.

Both Muslims and Christians do believe that after Jesus(PBUH) returns all of mankind will be of one religion. Christians believe it will be Christianity, we believe it will be Islam.
Christianity and Islam have nothing in common.... Nothing...
Islam is an upstart that has taken from Judaism and Christianity...

Christianity is now a peaceful faith which works in many ways in interfaith dialogue......

The idea of a caliphate is Muslim...

It would be interesting if you went over to the Christianity forum and brought up your views of a Christian Caliphate on earth and see what the responses would be....

But I doubt you would dare do that because even if I don't agree with Christians or Christianity some of the time I do know that they would heartily disagree with you..
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Christianity and Islam have nothing in common.... Nothing...
Islam is an upstart that has taken from Judaism and Christianity...

Christianity is now a peaceful faith which works in many ways in interfaith dialogue......

The idea of a caliphate is Muslim...

It would be interesting if you went over to the Christianity forum and brought up your views of a Christian Caliphate on earth and see what the responses would be....

But I doubt you would dare do that because even if I don't agree with Christians or Christianity some of the time I do know that they would heartily disagree with you..
I do belong to a few Christian forums and am friends in real life with several Christian ministers including 2 Bishops one Catholic and one Methodist. Often have interesting but peaceful debates with them.

About 6 years ago I was the administrator of a Christian forum and was very anti-Islam. In my 65 years as a non-Muslim I saw much similarity between a true Caliphate and the return of Jesus(PBUH)

If you are curious you can read what is basically my life story here. Which I wrote covering 3 phases of my life:

A LONG JOURNEY
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,431,183 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do belong to a few Christian forums and am friends in real life with several Christian ministers including 2 Bishops one Catholic and one Methodist. Often have interesting but peaceful debates with them.

About 6 years ago I was the administrator of a Christian forum and was very anti-Islam. In my 65 years as a non-Muslim I saw much similarity between a true Caliphate and the return of Jesus(PBUH)

If you are curious you can read what is basically my life story here. Which I wrote covering 3 phases of my life:

A LONG JOURNEY
I am not interested in how you came to Islam... I feel very sorry for people who become Muslim..

I to went through a period of being interested in Islam... Luckily I saw it for what it is...

A religion who is filled with hatred, arrogance and is very violent..

What I saw in the mosque was a very intolerant religion, anti west, anti democracy, and a hatred of Jews, and absolutely filled with folks who didn't dare go to far from the status quo....

There is no independent thought in Islam...

It is a very backwards religion...
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am not interested in how you came to Islam... I feel very sorry for people who become Muslim..

I to went through a period of being interested in Islam... Luckily I saw it for what it is...

A religion who is filled with hatred, arrogance and is very violent..

What I saw in the mosque was a very intolerant religion, anti west, anti democracy, and a hatred of Jews, and absolutely filled with folks who didn't dare go to far from the status quo....

There is no independent thought in Islam...

It is a very backwards religion...
You are free to your own opinion. I accept people do disagree and have never had any problems with people disagreeing with me.

I am sorry for your bad experience at a Mosque. In every Mosque I have been in, we have always welcomed visitors and tried to make them comfortable even getting a chair for them to sit on. Chairs are scarce in a Mosque as a Mosque typically has no furniture of any type. but in areas that have the possibility of non-Muslim visitors most Mosques now store folding chairs for them.
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,431,183 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You are free to your own opinion. I accept people do disagree and have never had any problems with people disagreeing with me.

I am sorry for your bad experience at a Mosque. In every Mosque I have been in, we have always welcomed visitors and tried to make them comfortable even getting a chair for them to sit on. Chairs are scarce in a Mosque as a Mosque typically has no furniture of any type. but in areas that have the possibility of non-Muslim visitors most Mosques now store folding chairs for them.
Most mosques are worse then the one I attended....

Women and men segregated, a very narrow view of Islam and a bigotry towards the west and Jews...

The one that is near me is actually one of the most moderate and still it was backwards...

Islam is a very bad religion...

If Islam is successful the whole world will be living in the dark ages...
 
Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Most mosques are worse then the one I attended....

Women and men segregated, a very narrow view of Islam and a bigotry towards the west and Jews...

The one that is near me is actually one of the most moderate and still it was backwards...

Islam is a very bad religion...

If Islam is successful the whole world will be living in the dark ages...
The reason for the separation in the Mosque:

Would you like a man standing behind you as you Prostrated in Prayer?



What was that gave you the impression of bigotry? There usually is no sermon of any type. the Muezzin calls the Adhan, everybody stands behind their prayer rugs facing the Qiblah and then the Iman leads the prayers and as soon as the Salaam is said everybody runs out to get back to work.

Most Muslims just show up at the Mosque for the 15 minutes of prayer and run back to their jobs. there is no obligation for a Muslim to go to the Mosque, except for the Friday Jummah prayer and that is only an obligation for men. women are welcome but not obligated. If it is possible we should make an attempt to say all of our prayers at a Mosque, but we can pray at home or where ever we are if no Mosque is near at prayer time.
 
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Oregon
3,066 posts, read 3,051,723 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Except the Jewish homeland has always been the land of Israel... We have a long history there...

So your comparison does not work...

And the Palestinians that stayed in Israel are Israeli Citizens. Those that ran while the surrounding Arab armies attacked the state are now refugees...

To bad all the surrounding Arab nations didn't make room for the refugees instead of letting them squander in camps...

The Druize are Israeli Citizens too because they sided with Israel....

The palestinians are not victims here.
RESPONSE:

You can use your scripture or history textbooks.

Palestine originally belonged to the Canaanites whom the Israelites conquered and on whom they practiced genocide.

The story (excuse) the Israelites used is that God permitted this and gave them the land.

But a land conquered and occupied under those conditions still belongs to the original inhabitants.

Thus the Palestinians are the aggrieved victims.
 
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,431,183 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

You can use your scripture or history textbooks.

Palestine originally belonged to the Canaanites whom the Israelites conquered and on whom they practiced genocide.

The story (excuse) the Israelites used is that God permitted this and gave them the land.

But a land conquered and occupied under those conditions still belongs to the original inhabitants.

Thus the Palestinians are the aggrieved victims.
Sorry but it was not Palestine then and the bible is not a history book. The whole middle east is one of a history of peoples moving from one place to another. The United States was inhabited by native americans long before the Europeans came. So I guess all the Europeans ought to leave and go back to Europe.

Actually the Jews and Palestinians are both semetic peoples and are more related then not related.

But the Palestinians are not the original inhabitants.
 
Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Oregon
3,066 posts, read 3,051,723 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Sorry but it was not Palestine then and the bible is not a history book. The whole middle east is one of a history of peoples moving from one place to another. The United States was inhabited by native americans long before the Europeans came. So I guess all the Europeans ought to leave and go back to Europe.

Actually the Jews and Palestinians are both semetic peoples and are more related then not related.

But the Palestinians are not the original inhabitants.
RESPONSE:

The Canaanites were the original inahbitants of the Holy Land, not the Jews. Thus their offspring would be the lawful owners, not just the Jews who conquered their territory as the Europeans conquered the Native American lands.

Israel's requiring the original inhabitants to live on reservations and denying them access to their native land is very similar to the practice in America of requiring Native Americans to live on reservations.

phoenicia.org/jerusalem.html

"The original inhabitants of Jerusalem were Phoenician Canaanites. ...This evidence is reinforced by archaeology and by tablets found in Elba, Syria, dating back to 3000 B.C., on which the god Shalem being venerated in a city called Uruksalem is mentioned. The old name of the city Urushalim figures also in the Egyptian texts called Texts of Proscription of XII dynasty 'ws'mm pronounced in Akkadian language Urushalim city of god."

Last edited by ancient warrior; 05-31-2011 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: shortened
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top