Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:28 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Since you put it in those words, I'd love to know how you manage to understand any of these things. You aren't Jewish OR Palestinian, are you? You're going to have to be a little more discreet--your bias is beginning to show. (And just so you won't have to ask, I'm Jewish).
He was raised catholic but apparently is legally Jewish who converted to Islam now living on an Indian reservation.
He has family he never knew killed in the holocaust.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Many of us feel that the oil wealth that came into the hands of the Muslims in the Mideast was a curse and the money has caused them to act in very un-Islamic ways. I think if the Mideast did loose their oil, many of the world's Muslims would be glad to see it happen. It is going to end soon anyway. The wells are already long past peak production. That oil wealth was not shared with the vast majority of Muslims.

I do have to agree with you that Israel will not give up any land without a fight. You now have most of the Israelis having been born in Israel. They have never known any other home. To try to get them out peacefully is an impossibility, they would fight to the death of the last Israeli before leaving.
Is it so strange that the Palestinians also feel the same and they equally want their homes back.

Is it any wonder that the Palestinians felt the same way about the Jews as today's Western world feels about Muslim's "Taking over" their countries? Is this not the same feeling the Palestinians feel about the Jews, only the Jews have actually done it.

Now the logical thing would be for the Palestinians to agree to the Israeli terms of existence. But when it comes to what a person sees as their home being occupied by an intruder, logic is set aside and the only desire is to get rid of the intruder.
As to your comment about the view muslims are taking over...

The concern is that when muslims immigrate to other lands they don't assimilate and become part of the society. They stay separate and expect the society to change.

That is where the issues arise. I don't care if there are Muslims in my country but I expect them to become American and understand we already have a government.

I don't want sharia law here.

The issues come from the terrorism done in the name of Islam and the concern that there are terrorist cells here waiting to attack us.

It has nothing to do with Israel or the middle east. It has to do with the view that muslims think it is ok to turn to violence to fix what they see as issues.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:13 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom
There blood is on the hand of the teenagers who killed them. The blood of anyone is on the ones who actually kill.
Really ??!!
teenagers
I didt know that !!
I thought they were killed by government officials ... 10 children in one fell swoop .. an exclusive Offer that comes with a free homes demolition & families displaced all in the same offer only for Palestinians !!
Quote:
and I imagine that many of the deaths happened after Hamas attacked and Israeli defense forces responded. Israelis don't go into the houses and stab little children and babies in their sleep.
To be fair in my judgments ...
I would say no ...
Israeli dont stab little children in what we considered as a rare Crime .. they only killed by organized military forces & there must be dozens of victims in the same process ..
Quote:
I doubt that.
Easy !!
Just check how many jews were killed by Muslims in the 20 Century before the the occupation of Palestine & you wont have any doubt
Quote:
And Israel is a fact on the ground.
occupation resistance also ...
Quote:
Jews in Israel come from Israel, the middle east and europe. The Jewish people have been in the middle east for 1000s of years. With the exile and the diaspora many were forced out but many stayed. In Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Lebanon, there have always been Jews in the middle east.
But with the rise of Arab nationalism they exiled the Jews from the countries they had been living in. So you cannot say Jews have not lived in the middle east. They were there before Islam and Muslims.
Stop playing dump please ... we all know that there were jews in the middle east Just like they were all over the world ... they were in Egypt also so why dont you occupy it ?!!
I am talking about gathering them from all over the world to Palestine .. Russian Jews are Russian citizens so what the hill are they doing in Palestine ?!!
get it ?!!!
Quote:
You know I have been accused of being a zionist and one who would kill muslim children, but the rant of yours is scarey.

We just learned from the best ... a small drop in your sea
Quote:
Israel is a fact on the ground and that won't change. Israelis have been born there and know no other place. That won't change.

Ok ...
Just let people go back to their original countries ...
Israil is a manufacturer countrie that borrows citizens from other countries !! ... this is so emparsing !!!
Quote:
It is time for peace, time for Palestinians to put down the weapons and work out a solution.

I wish .. but the word solution just do not go with the word occupation
Heloo
Quote:
The fact is that a 2 state solution was on the table 63 years ago and one side accepted and the other didn't. War was declared and so for 63 years there has been much bloodshed on both sides.

Now this may come as a surprise to you ... are you ready ??
This is what happens when you occupies another country !!!
Ohhhhh
Quote:
At some point someone needs to say enough is enough.

That is what Jews of different nationalities who you gathered in the land of Palestine will said soon !!!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Really ??!!
teenagers
I didt know that !!
I thought they were killed by government officials ... 10 children in one fell swoop .. an exclusive Offer that comes with a free homes demolition & families displaced all in the same offer only for Palestinians !!

To be fair in my judgments no ...Israeli dont stab little children in what we considered as a rare Crime .. they only killed by organized military forces & there must be dozens of victims in the same process ..

Easy !!
Just check how many jews were killed by Muslims in the 20 Century before the The occupation of Palestine & you wont have any doubt

occupation resistance also ...

Elusiving
Stop playing dump please ... we all know that there were jews in the middle east Just like they were all over the world ... they were in Egypt also so why dont you occupy it ?!!
I am talking about gathering them from all over the world to Palestine .. Russian Jews are Russian citizens so what the hill are they doing in Palestine ?!!
get it ?!!!

We just inspired by you ... a small drop in your sea

Ok ...
Just let people go back to their original countries ...
A manufacturer Countrie that borrows citizens from other countries !! ... this is so emparsing !!!

I wish .. but the word solution just do not go with the word occupation
Heloo

Now this may come as a surprise to you ... are you ready ??
This is what happens when you occupies another country !!!
Ohhhhh

That is what Jews of different nationalities who you gathered in the land of Palestine will said soon !!!

So the violence will continue.... Because you only see what you want to see....

There is a huge native population of Jews who have always lived in the middle east.....

But for the violence to end people need to stop justifying it.....

There is not justification for premeditated murder of children.....

Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
As to your comment about the view muslims are taking over...

The concern is that when muslims immigrate to other lands they don't assimilate and become part of the society. They stay separate and expect the society to change.

That is where the issues arise. I don't care if there are Muslims in my country but I expect them to become American and understand we already have a government.

I don't want sharia law here.

The issues come from the terrorism done in the name of Islam and the concern that there are terrorist cells here waiting to attack us.

It has nothing to do with Israel or the middle east. It has to do with the view that muslims think it is ok to turn to violence to fix what they see as issues.
Yes there are terrorist cells and they are made up of criminals. Yes we do have rotten people who use the name of Muslim and twist Islam to fit their own perverted hatred.

As far as them becoming Muslim nearly all Muslims in the USA were born here and have family roots going back hundreds of years. the first known Muslims came with the Spanish Conquistadors in 1506,the first Muslim identified by name was in 1527. An estimated 20% of the slaves brought into America were Muslim. There were Muslims in the revolutionary war and civil war. America has had Muslims living here since it's foundation.

The past USA Muslim population has always been at least 5% of the total population. At one time when slavery was legal, it was probably much higher. today it is down to about 3% of the population. While the total number of Muslims is the highest it ever has been as a percentage it is the lowest it has ever been.

And now all of a sudden there is fear of Islam. It is not Islam that needs to be feared it is criminals misusing the name we all have to fear. the KKK does not represent Christianity, The Lehi ( לח"י – לוחמי חרות ישראל‎ Lohamei Herut Israel, "Fighters for the Freedom of Israel") does not represent Judaism and the Terror cells do not represent Islam.

Terrorism is our common enemy and is not the product of religion, it is a product of hate.

Sharia law is not applicable to non-Muslims. It should not ever be a concern to non Muslims unless the country is a vast Majority Muslim and a true Islamic Nation. but even then if shariah is applied as it is supposed to be, it does not apply to non-Muslims.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Since you put it in those words, I'd love to know how you manage to understand any of these things. You aren't Jewish OR Palestinian, are you--you're a convert to Islam, right? You're going to have to be a little more discreet--your bias is beginning to show. (And just so you won't have to ask, I'm Jewish).
I did work with Palestinan Jews in Austin,TX as part of a Charitable organization called "Palestine Children's Welfare Fund" Although we were an Islamic charity a very large number of our volunteers were Palestinian Jews who fled from Israel. I saw how those volunteers were treated by the Israelis when they tried to deliver donated materials such as books, clothing and vitamins to Gaza. Israel is not always very nice to Palestinian Jews or Arab Jews. Which may bring an interesting turn of events to Israel as something like 40% of the Israel population is Palestinian or Arab Jews. Contrary to popular belief, not all Palestinians are Muslim. Although in Gaza the Jews and Christians are a very small minority. Most Palestinian Jews from Gaza have migrated to Morocco and Iran, a few to the USA many in the Austin, Texas area.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Thread closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam