U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 PM

147 posts, read 133,361 times

Advertisements

this suah amazing i love it
YouTube - ‪Surah Yasin Beautiful Recitation w/ English Subtitles Part 1/2‬‏ part 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 08:12 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Now read each in context, those are ayyats, to understand any ayyat you need to first understand the Surah it came from, or a minimum the ayyats before and after it.

Let us look at the first one you quoted:

Surah 2 has 282 ayyats in it to fully understandyou would need to readall 282. But a few before and after 216 should give you a little understanding of what the Surah is about.

Now for your second one:

Surah 3 is a short history of Christianity. It contains 200 ayyats but I'll just post enough so you can get a grasp of what is being discussed.
This Surah consists of 200 verses, 3,480 sentences, 14,520 letters and 20 Ruku's.
Here are Ayyats 145-156 which may help you comprehend ayyat 151, keep in mind this surah is intended to be a message for the Christians.
Ahhh, the context argument...Curiously that is the same augment that people of the bible use...I don't buy it from them, and I won't buy it from you.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahhh, the context argument...Curiously that is the same augment that people of the bible use...I don't buy it from them, and I won't buy it from you.
Of what use is context. I see in one of your post your faith does not require any proof..
To quote your own words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
has faith, and needs no proof..

Now I suppose you are going to come back back like a typical Christian or Muslim and say I Quoted you out of context.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM

Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM

591 posts, read 561,011 times
Ishaq 240 - "The Jews are a nation of liars.... The Jews are a treacherous, lying, and evil people"

Bukhari (59:727) - Allah's Apostle [said]... "Allah's curse be on the Jews and the Christians" This was spoken on Muhammad's death bed, and was one of the last things that he ever said.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:34 PM

According to Islamic law, non-Muslims may be owned as property by Muslims, but - in keeping with Islam's supremacist message - a fellow Muslim should never be (unless they convert to Islam after enslavement). Even Christians and Jews are not considered fully human in that the penalty for killing one of them is limited to one-third of the compensation due for unintentionally killing a Muslim.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 PM

Christianity teaches that God loves all people, but hates sin. The Quran never says this. Instead it explicitly declares that Allah does not love those who do not believe in him:
He does not love the unbelievers (30:45)
Allah only loves those who obey Muhammad (at least according to Muhammad, who provided the "narration"):

Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Ishaq 240 - "The Jews are a nation of liars.... The Jews are a treacherous, lying, and evil people"

Bukhari (59:727) - Allah's Apostle [said]... "Allah's curse be on the Jews and the Christians" This was spoken on Muhammad's death bed, and was one of the last things that he ever said.
What is and where did Ishaq 240 come from? That is not in either the Qur'an nor the Ahadith.

Bukhari 59:727 may be from a Hadith. Bukhari did compile several thousand, but normally they would be qouted with the Book, Chain of narration, page and line number. With out the book number it will be very difficult to find.

I can not find that, but I did find this:
008.075.410- Invocations - - - -
Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika
'Aisha said, "The Jews came to the Prophet and said to him, "As-Samu 'Alaika (i.e., Death be upon you)." He replied, 'The same on you.' " 'Aisha said to them, "Death be upon you, and may Allah curse you and shower His wrath upon you!" Allah's Apostle I said, "be gentle and calm, O 'Aisha! be gentle and beware of being harsh and of saying evilthings." She said, "Didn't you hear what they said?" He said, "Didn't you hear what I replied (to them)? have returned their statement to them, and my invocation against them will be accepted but theirs against me will not be accepted."

Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What is and where did Ishaq 240 come from? That is not in either the Qur'an nor the Ahadith.

Bukhari 59:727 may be from a Hadith. Bukhari did compile several thousand, but normally they would be qouted with the Book, Chain of narration, page and line number. With out the book number it will be very difficult to find.

I can not find that, but I did find this:
008.075.410- Invocations - - - -
Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika
'Aisha said, "The Jews came to the Prophet and said to him, "As-Samu 'Alaika (i.e., Death be upon you)." He replied, 'The same on you.' " 'Aisha said to them, "Death be upon you, and may Allah curse you and shower His wrath upon you!" Allah's Apostle I said, "be gentle and calm, O 'Aisha! be gentle and beware of being harsh and of saying evilthings." She said, "Didn't you hear what they said?" He said, "Didn't you hear what I replied (to them)? have returned their statement to them, and my invocation against them will be accepted but theirs against me will not be accepted."

Hadith

Old 05-31-2011, 10:01 PM

OK I found it it is in Bukhari 005.059.727

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 727:
Narrated Aisha:
(the wife of the Prophet) "When the ailment of Allah's Apostle became aggravated, he requested his wives to permit him to be (treated) nursed in my house, and they gave him permission. He came out (to my house), walking between two men with his feet dragging on the ground, between 'Abbas bin 'Abdul--Muttalib and another man" 'Ubaidullah said, "I told 'Abdullah of what 'Aisha had said, 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas said to me, 'Do you know who is the other man whom 'Aisha did not name?' I said, 'No.' Ibn 'Abbas said, 'It was 'Ali bin Abu Talib." 'Aisha, the wife of the Prophet used to narrate saying, "When Allah's Apostle entered my house and his disease became aggravated, he said, " Pour on me the water of seven water skins, the mouths of which have not been untied, so that I may give advice to the people.' So we let him sit in a big basin belonging to Hafsa, the wife of the Prophet and then started to pour water on him from these water skins till he started pointing to us with his hands intending to say, 'You have done your job." 'Aisha added, "Then he went out to the people and led them in prayer and preached to them." 'Aisha and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas said, "When Allah's Apostle became ill seriously, he started covering his face with his woolen sheet, and when he felt short of breath, he removed it from hi; face and said, 'That is so! Allah's (curse be on the Jews and the Christians, as they took the graves of their prophets as (places of worship),' intending to warn (the Muslims ) of what they had done." 'Aisha added, "I argued with Allah's Apostle repeatedly about that matter (i.e. his order that Abu Bakr should lead the people in prayer in his place when he was ill), and what made me argue so much, was, that it never occurred to my mind that after the Prophet, the people would ever love a man who had taken his place, and I felt that anybody standing in his place, would be a bad omen to the people, so I wanted Allah's Apostle to give up the idea of choosing Abu Bakr (to lead the people in prayer)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam