U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?
get your knowledge about him correctly first , brother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
If we could only delete Muhammad from the Koran, the book might be a pretty good read--100% lighter, kinder, and more enjoyable...
Uh Muhammad is only mentioned 4 times. in 4 very short sentences. Virtually nothing is said about him in the Qur'an.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA palmetto View Post
One of Mohammed's wives was a little girl when he married her. Her waited until she turned 9 before he consumated the marriage. In any other culture, that constitutes pedophilia. If you follow the notion that everything in the Koran is written in heaven and comes from Allah, then youy are forced to condone Mohammed having sex with a 9 year old girl (Aisha) when he was an old man.

Need I say more? How about the teaching to drink camel urine to cure ailments? That doesn't sound like the message of an omniscient god to me (from the Hadiths).
the only knowledge we have about Aisha is what she wrote her self. No where does she mention any displeasure about her marriage. She was also the first Islamic Scholar and wrote nearly 1/4 of the Ahadith.

she was also bethoed to another man prior to marrying Muhammad(PBUH), but she went against her father and chose Muhammad(PBUH).

As for camel urine used for a medicine, that does not differ much from modern medicine:

Quote:
Premarin (http://www.premarin.com/pi_p.html - broken link) (including Prempro, Premphase, Prempac, and Premelle) is a drug made up of conjugated estrogens obtained from the urine of pregnant mares -- put out in many forms (pills, creams, injections, patches, vaginal rings) and is used to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women or women who have had a hysterectomy. It is also prescribed to nearly eliminate the risk of osteoporosis (the brittling of bones) and reduce the chance of heart disease in women over 50.

SOURCE

Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 PM

5,322 posts, read 8,366,831 times
If there is no god - which is my view - then ALL religious prophets are false prophets, and none should be followed, nor their writings and later interpretations.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM

35 posts, read 33,356 times
I have yet to hear a direct response from one of the Muslim posters about the issues of Mohammed having sex with a prepubescent girl and his son's wife. Would you like to respond how you believe he was justified in those actions which most people find immoral? If you lived in Mohammed's time, would you be willing to let Mohammed sleep with your wife or 9 year old daughter?

I would also like a direct response about the law of abrogation. When I have time in a few days, I can look up the comparative “kill the infidels” vs. the “respect the people of the book” suras. From what I've read before, the hateful versus come later than the suras recommending respect to nonMuslims. So how can you talk about love and respect for others, when the abrogating parts of the Koran teach otherwise?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Wasn't Aisha 6 or 7 when she "married" Mohammed? You make it sound noble of her to disobey her father. A tiny little girl like that making decisions about marrying an old man? Really? What would you think if you had a 7 year old girl tell you she was running off to marry and old man?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:51 PM

I also think the whole concept of lying to nonbelievers both by Muslims andd their concept of allah does not represent an omniscient god. An all powerful god is much to powerful and important to need to lie to people by telling one set of principles, only to abrogate it later. Such a god would not be noble in virtue. Thus Mohammed said that his god was far less noble in the virtue of honesty than many nonbelievers. Now how can a creature that is hated by the god who created it be more noble in any respect than that god? Sounds too much like the ancient Greek and Middle Eastern mythological gods to me.

What about worshipping a meteor that fell from the sky many years before Mohammed's birth? The Kaaba is an idol worshipped by Muslims, who instead can't even show a picture of someone that follow. That is a major contradiction of the Old Testament commandment not to worship idols.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM

563 posts, read 800,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
I have yet to hear a direct response from one of the Muslim posters about the issues of Mohammed having sex with a prepubescent girl and his son's wife. Would you like to respond how you believe he was justified in those actions which most people find immoral? If you lived in Mohammed's time, would you be willing to let Mohammed sleep with your wife or 9 year old daughter?

I would also like a direct response about the law of abrogation. When I have time in a few days, I can look up the comparative “kill the infidels” vs. the “respect the people of the book” suras. From what I've read before, the hateful versus come later than the suras recommending respect to nonMuslims. So how can you talk about love and respect for others, when the abrogating parts of the Koran teach otherwise?
What research have you done to validate your ( yawn ) claims? You seem excited to repeat some of the most common accusations. The explainations are too much to write in a forum and have been battled out here countless times, but the answers exist if you look deeper. Use your intelligence.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Wanderer,

A bit of a smug reply. Let a Muslim go ahead and explain where I can find their responses then. If I look up on my own, they (you?) might claim I didn't find the right Muslim position on the subject.

I keep hearing Muslims avoiding questions and trying to redirect away from the obvious fallacies of Mohammedism.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM

563 posts, read 800,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
Wanderer,

A bit of a smug reply. Let a Muslim go ahead and explain where I can find their responses then. If I look up on my own, they (you?) might claim I didn't find the right Muslim position on the subject.

I keep hearing Muslims avoiding questions and trying to redirect away from the obvious fallacies of Mohammedism.
I have been what some Muslims call a Quaranist, and have many Muslim associates in business. While I'm no expert, I have satisfied my own burden-of-proof. That is a different point for each individual.

If you are serious about exploring Islamic controversies, then maybe start here;
Answering Christianity. Islam's Answers To Trinitarian Beliefs.
I have come to realize C-D forum is more for an entertaining intellectual circus, and I expect no less. The laughs are on all sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam